Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. wade

wade Regular Member

Really can't wait their match against lyd/kgj. just 1 year ago I remember they're being asked who they want to face and beat, and both of them only mention 1 name...lee yong dae. so here's your chance minions.

2. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    No biggie there I guess. Mog looked too tired in that last game. He changed hands in the end and know he's giving up(would need impossible 13 straight points) . Minions know they're already through to quarterfinals. Since when playing clears poor sportmenship? What about in soccer when they mostly just defend or passes around when they are leading?
    It's just about tactic and Kevin was only doing it at the very last point. I think some here are just too biased on Kevin. Remember they didn't make it all the way to the top with their flamboyance but it's their dedication and hard work to achieve it.

wade, mantoufist and Woman.in.Red like this.
  3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Seems like Kevin and BoeMo is enjoying themselves on the court. I think its Gideon that doesnt enjoy, falling off numerous times lol.

4. minions

minions Regular Member

Well, everyone have their own biases. Some people don't like negative football, bus park strategic, or passed around like Japan did against Poland. Many peoples here don't like Greysia's play style. Some people even mentions that she should let others to win so that the watchers are spared from "unwatchable" match.

5. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Japan was booed bcoz they passed to each other like more less 15 mins. throughout the game. That was a huge chunk of the match.

Kevin was clearing to Mo with no effort to drop or smash back where he had the chance. Mo on the other hand has gestured they gave up. That was half way of the last point of about 100 points. To trivial to bring up imho.

6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

LeeYongDae won 37 out of 49 SS finals in MD. There are 20 titles for Kevin to go to reach that mark. It's unbelievable record.

7. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    LYD flopped in the prestigious titles, as fans I personally want Minions to have more complete titles like Hendra. More quality than quantity. Kevin should work hard to surpass Hendra. Given his youth and determination, hopefully injury free too, he's walking the path to become future INA legends.

wade and Master like this.
  8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Kevin already little bit more surpass Hendra in terms number of titles. Maybe WC is not easy these days but life is fair, he is too dominant and rich. Let other pair win 1 WC is no biggie this era. KevinGideon is the most dominant pair i ever see in life. Second most dominant pair i think Lee/Jung even when Lee/Yoo won the more SS titles in a year.

Sometimes we cant choose what titles we want to win.

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'm not saying anything about this particular rally as I haven't seen it, but generally playing successive clears or even just one not attacking clear is considered not taking your opponent seriously in MD. The one exception would be an attacking clear to surprise opponents who lean forward too much in anticipation of a smash or drop, but it's very rarely used at a high pro level.
    Clearing several times is normally a sign of extreme fatigue, giving up the rally/game or not taking the opponent seriously ("Look, I don't even need to play a serious shot to win against you! Hahaha!").

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That you consider Lee/Jung a dominant pair is quite weird, as both they and Cai/Fu were unable to dominate for any stretch of time because of the other pair. LYD won more titles, Fu/Cai won those that matter. Seriously entertaining matches, the best imop, but one really can't say either pair was amongst the most dominating ones of any era. Best doesn't equal dominating in this case - they were both all-time great combinations, but since they played at the same time they were unable to dominate.
    The minions are the first combination to ever achieve this level of dominance, and if they win another major (or 10 more big titles :D) they'll also go down as all-time greats, there just seems to be no other great pair around to rival them right now. One of the reasons I credit their WC losses to their own mental state rather than purely their opponents' strength. Tokyo is going to be interesting for sure...

mantoufist and wade like this.
  11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Finally minions could sleep peacefully tonight. Thank you KGJ/LYD.

After Boe/Mo then Kim/Lee today, they have had tough matches.. I wonder if they could still face and win against Ahsan/Hendra tomorrow.

12. wade

wade Regular Member

After denmark open, gideon seems hasn't found his form again. kevin kinda carried him since then. also why he look so nervous when he was playing lee yong dae yesterday ? I've lost count how many mistakes he make in the first game alone. when there's pressure on him I think sometimes he doesn't handle it too well.

13. Master

Master Regular Member

I won't say Kevin with his nervous, maybe it's more about more alert and give more focus into his game that makes him look so nervous.

In the first games, Kevin said in his post-match interview that they were looking for the suitable game play since LYD with his new partner.

#1953 Master, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah Marcus was really struggling yesterday. The number of mistakes Marcus did was horrifying. Perhaps playing so many tournaments in the past few months had taken its toll, or it was just him losing his form. I am glad Kevin didn't get panic as much :D.

Marcus couldn't do much I am afraid, but Kevin did a very good job considering. Marcus needs to regain his form or it would be hard on Kevin since he had to cover Marcus too at times. Kevin handled the situation quite well though both at the net and the back. Not his best game, but just enough to scrape through.

Still I have no idea why people think KGJ is not good enough, compared to Marcus he is certainly much better skilled, just a little bit ... chubby. LYD has been definitely blessed with high level partners, lucky him. And yesterday they had played one of the best performance by them so far. Bad news for Marcus though, he obviously was the weakest player on court last night.

Now if only Zhang Nan could have a good partner too it would be so exciting to have all three playing each other. Four with Ahsan/Hendra though much slower and weaker than a few years ago.

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I think she/he meant Marcus being nervous, not Kevin?

16. Master

Master Regular Member

Then it's normal as per usual of him. :D

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

People don't rate KGJ because he is clearly not even close to his best shape, and he is fairly slow. Also stiff in the upper body, although that might be injury-related so I won't blame him on that. Add to that that he is a bit error-prone at times and there you have it :D

wade likes this.
  18. wade

wade Regular Member

KGJ definitely much better skilled compared to gideon, but sometimes he just too error prone. the korean md generation of lee yong dae era reminds me the time of candra, sigit, tony, halim back then...so many great players, you basically can switch the partnership and they're still great.

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah but that compared to his best form, for now he is good enough compared to other players on the field or younger Korean players at the moment. At least that how I see it.

As for the error prone part, who isn't lately:p. Whenever people comment, what I usually hear is $$$ error prone, %%% makes so many mistakes, etc. Like broken records lol. But he is still much better than LC in his bad days which is almost everyday sadly or better than Marcus when he is struggling.

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Look, that was the polite phrasing. For a pro athlete, he is fat. Which has 'lazy' or 'weak' written all over it.