He BingJiao (何冰娇)

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by RedShuttle, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

That looks like a serious injury when all the medics just run toward her..Did she just fall badly or something?

This could end her career. Sometimes you wonder why it happen like it is meant to happen?

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

She sprained her left ankle, I think may have to wait for the medical exam to ascertain the severity of the injury.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I have to say this, He Bingjiao's backhand, esp when she's forced to turn her back to play it, is horrible for a top 15/20 player.

It's a weakness that we often see almost all of her opponents exploiting it as much as possible, made worse by her lack of speed and fitness.

5. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

You haven't changed a bit, Justin.. She has lost some weight, hasn't she? That is worth celebrating

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Like I said at the tournament thread, it's not how much she has improved in comparison with herself but vis-a-vis the top guns that matters. Her stamina is still the worse among the top 15/20 players, what's the use ?

Professional sports is cruel and her stamina issue has gone on for far too long already, and her fellow junior teammates are hot on her heels.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Pardon me, I tend to be more strict and demanding towards CHN players as CHN badminton has been on the decline these few years, and they are not out of the woods yet, far from it.

8. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Yes too strict and a bit pessimistic :xD, Chen Yufei just won her first WT title of her career and more to come I hope..
    See, you should have belief in their capabilities. Give these young players a few more years and then we shall see..

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Here are some other angles of her injury. Looks painful. Three months out wouldn't surprise me. Maybe a fracture there.

AG1I7577.jpg AG1I7582.jpg AG1I7633.jpg

CLELY and samkool like this.
  10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks for the pictures. Fracture and sprain, esp a mild one, are two different things. The fact that she could play the CBSL less than three weeks after the HK Open where the injury occurred, albeit in WD only (not singles, probably, just to play safe), meant that it wasn't that serious as originally thought.

11. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    great shots, mod!

12. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Happy 22nd birthday, HBJ! IMG_20190321_142329_231.jpg

racketman123, RedShuttle and Justin L like this.
  13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

He Bingjiao, Happy Birthday. What are your birthday wishes? Make sure one of them is to improve your fitness and stamina to match Akane Yamaguchi's. All the best.

14. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

kwun, RedShuttle and Justin L like this.
  15. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

There is an easy way. Buy a lot of food and give it to Yamaguchi ^-^ then the problem is solved

#295 terrynguyen121988, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    kwun likes this.
  16. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

AK probably got the idea first. HBJ was seen having matcha cake in that video. Matcha, got the idea?

kwun likes this.
  17. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

^-^ white chocolate is the best way.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

https://sports.qq.com/a/20190321/005451.htm (my humble translation follows)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Happy 22nd Birthday, He Bingjiao, born 21 March 1997.

Aged 22 and already possessed of remarkable achievements and reputation. If we insist on finding the reason for He Bingjiao's persistence in badminton - " I'm very happy when I play badminton. Even now, while playing I still can feel so much joy."

So as not to affect the competition afterwards, we (the reporter and others) celebrated her birthday a few days in advance. Every time we see Jiao Jiao (HBJ's pet name), she looked slimmer than previously. Hearing others praised her for being slimmer, she is quite pleased, but, she explained she didn't at all take up any weight-loss measures, only just increased her training workload.

On that day, her teammates had just completed the Swiss Open tournament and were on their way back, so there was no fellow team members to celebrate with her. But as far as He Bingjiao is concerned, that is already a very rare occasion: " Previously, my birthday was during the All England, basically it 's spent on the plane."

The cake is He Bingjiao's favourite matcha (Japanese green tea) flavour:" The cake is cut very nice, must be owing to my good mathematics background when young !" (jokingly complimenting herself). He Bingjiao added:" The cake I'm having now (from Shi Yuqi and Chen Yufei),I think it's the best. Right now I feel like saying to my teammates: ' So glad you guys are not here ! '"

He Bingjiao's birthday wishes are the same as before:" Wish my family and friends good health, and strive to do well (in badminton). The year is still long, I will go for it. But the cake is really better than theirs (Shi Yuqi and Chen Yufei's during their birthdays)."

He Bingjiao was born into a sports family in Jiangsu province - her parents are local well-known gymnastic coaches. " Many people have been asking me why I didn't take up gymnastics, I shall here explain: my dad from his professional point of view said I'm not quite suitable for it, head too big, center of gravity unstable. In my childhood when I wasn't 'tall and sturdy' yet, my head was already quite big."

That's why 'big head darling' He Bingjiao was enrolled by her parents in a badminton center. In 2011, at only 14 years old, she captured the National Inter-City Games women's singles runner-up, at the competition she beat many national second team players. At that time,she was still not a Jiangsu team member as she's underage. At the 2013 National Games, 16-year-old He Bingjiao represented Jiangsu Team and defeated several established singles players , included among them was the former Jiang Yanjiao, and became famous overnight.

Talking about her childhood, He Bingjiao began to ridicule herself :" In the provincial team, every (female) team member was required to wear skort, so I gladly put it on and went on court, but somehow throughout the game it didn't feel right. Although I won eventually, but after the match I found out that everyone was looking and smiling at me, only then I realized I've worn my skort inside out...the umpire also appeared as if hesitant to say something all through the match. Since then I had a sense of phobia, stopped wearing skorts, even for pants I had to check to see if I've worn it the right way, hahaha."

Regarding the rewards she has gained from her efforts so far, it's no mean feat compared with her peers. However, He Bingjiao is frank to acknowledge, the road ahead is very long, she is still on the path of pursuing her dreams.

Leaving aside her world-class athlete status , she is in fact a very simple person in private, just like a 20-odd-year-old girl in manner. Fond of cartoons and comics, like to play baseball, and occasionally being funny to make people laugh. Be honest with oneself, be understanding, live in the moment and experience the beauty of life, this is the true He Bingjiao.

Sharing the cake with everyone and taking a piece herself, He Bingjiao then packed up the remaining to set aside for the teammates returning to Beijing tomorrow.

The writer unkindly reminded her:" Shi Yuqi on his last birthday particularly requested us to give you the worst-cut mushy piece of cake, are you not ' group bullied'?"

" Humph ! " He Bingjiao suddenly getting serious :' I am ferocious,duh !"

#298 Justin L, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    CLELY, s_mair, Sundis and 5 others like this.
  19. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

She is a lovable and charming character. Enjoyed reading this :)

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Thanks for the translation.

head too big for gymnastics. that's too funny. :D