Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. RoarRa

RoarRa Regular Member

Yaay.. congrats to minions on their new record..

Given how far Kevin has come at this young age, I wonder how many more titles/medals he can achieve in then next couple of years.

Simply amazing!! :p:p

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

How many Big Titles and Medium Titles has Kevin won in his career?

3. RoarRa

RoarRa Regular Member

Speaking of Kevin, I'm wondering if there is any badminion professional athlete who's crazy about another athlete as much as this Macau girl. :D

When she was competing in Asian Games last time, she was so happy as she managed to meet her idol for the first time.

[​IMG]

And that happened again today. Sailing all the way to HK from Macau has really paid off! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

finally gideon are playing well again. but still not sure how he's gonna respond if he's being targeted most of the time again. luckily that didn't happen in their last 3 matches.

5. RoarRa

RoarRa Regular Member

6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

18 big titles + 1 :)

7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Since when titles come in sizes? :D:D

8. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    what do u mean disastrous in thomas and asian games? they won individual gold in front of home crowd and won all the team matches. that all indonesian final match at asian games was so memorable for indonesians fans . only lost once at thomas wasnt that disastrous imho;);)

9. ericksakti

ericksakti Regular Member

I think peak Kevin that is playing today (not even sure if he is at his peak yet) is better than LYD at his peak

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well that's why I put "so-called" before the word disastrous. ;);)
    They didn't perform that well overall in Thomas cup and Asian Games individual events, in my opinion. But they managed to survived most of their matches, which is a good result in itself :)

11. wade

wade Regular Member

Uhmmm i'm not sure about that, I actually like kevin style better but I've seen lee yong dae playing better. I think kevin can still improve.

12. ericksakti

ericksakti Regular Member

yeah I think he is inspired after playing with LYD last time and in this match his positioning and placement has improved.

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Not sure if talking about their defeats matter at all. Coz i think for their defeats , it will
    be endless let alone other pairs.

They have only 5 defeats this year. Their titles are more than defeats , that is just incredible and thats include team event in which they won their matches but didnt win the title.

To put it simply, if any other pairs are entered to 15 tournaments, they will be expected 15 defeats. That is correct but it also depends at which Round they are defeated.

So now is for them to enjoy themselves. Most dominant MD pair i ever seen in my life. Fans are treated to spectacles with Kevin GungHo styles.

14. wade

wade Regular Member

I think his placement has always been great, but yeah it got even better now. talk about lyd, I think that qf match against lyd/kim was one of the rare occasion of kevin plays really discipline, I mean didn't go too much for 50:50 shot because he knew they would get countered if he do that. I think playing against lee yong dae (and the other veteran korea mds) will do him good, make him (or them) even better.

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah LYD was in many ways better than Kevin in terms of consistent performance, but Kevin is still improving every match and he learns fast. He is not going to be this quick once he gets older so we'll see how he could improve his game once that happens.

Anyway, I think Kevin and LYD have different styles and sets of skills of their own. Hard to compare which one is better when one is more defensive and safe while the other one is more offensive and risky.

Unlike LYD who had been successful in singles too when he was younger, Kevin did poorly in singles despite of his talent. Not to mention that LYD was almost consistently good but we could argue that the difference in their partners level could contribute to his partnership high consistency. When LYD on his peak, his partner was the late JJS who was one of the great back court players in that era.

It could be matter of preferences, but I like Kevin, ZN and Hendra better. :):):) So I think ZN is the best of all right now, sadly he never gets the right partner.

16. RoarRa

RoarRa Regular Member

Well KamSon did not seem too sad about coming runner up judging from this pic. :D

Guess that's why we never see antics from Kevin when he's up againts any JPN players.. Its bcuz when JPN players lose, they won't be sore about it. :D

Look at Inoue.. Eventho he came out as runner up in INA Open and yet he was still happy.. That wefie pic together with minions is still being used as his twitter profile pic until now. :D:p

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It's probably because he doesn't perceive anything they do as provocation, aggression or condescension. And they don't try don't challenge shots where he's the only one who's positive they touched it :D

18. wade

wade Regular Member

Yeah kevin and lyd have different styles, I do enjoy it both. when kevin are playing well and doesn't make that many mistakes like today he just sooo fun to watch. for lyd, I always love his overall play (except his backcourt play) and skills...and tactical understanding. oh not to mention his consistency :D

Talk about front court players my favorite till now probably : 1. hendra 2. kevin 3. lyd

19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Nahh I think Kevin blown Hendra and LYD away. His playstyle is just different , a new breath of air. To be the best , you have to stand out and be different and not be copycats. He just blows them away like whirlwind. Cant even match him with their titles in a year. Never seen anything quite like that.

In fact, they are just incomparable. I dont think Kevin cares being compared to anyone anyway.

20. minions

minions Regular Member

With HK Open win, minions has collect 18 SS(P)/WT500+ titles throughout their career. They equal LYD/JJS's titles record in MD. If they win WTF, they will set the record as the MD pairs who win the most SS(P)/WT500+ titles.