Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Unfortunately I don’t know enough Indonesia and Indonesians but it’s interesting. Went to Bali in 2016 for a few weeks but didn’t know a thing about badminton at the time (I know I know...) but I felt like locals often made a point to show their difference between being Balinese and “other” Indonesians and I don’t recall seeing much badminton centers or shops if any. More football activities.

Anyhow there’s nohing catastrophic about Kevin SS’ behaviour, it’s just some funny/weird attitude here and there and I’m sure off court he means no harms to anyone. May be that’s how he deals with the intensity of a professional match. Some shout, some hush, he clowns around :rolleyes::)

2. Master

Master Regular Member

India Open has changed it's schedule for 2019 (will be on March) ---> https://corporate.bwfbadminton.com/events/calendar/2019/
    So, there will be only 3 World Tour tournaments in January: Thailand Masters, Malaysia Masters and Indonesia Masters.

There is 2018 National Championships in December 18-22, mixed team events on even year.
    I think both Kevin and Gideon will play that National Championships, as Susy Susanti said at PBSI's website that all national players will be sent back to their respective clubs and Susy mentioned about top elite players will add gears to the team and their young players as well.

In 2016, Djarum Kudus won 3-0 against Jayaraya Jakarta [matches result here], the opposite result in 2014 where Jayaraya takes the podium with their 3-2 triumph [matches result here].

So, Kevin/Ahsan vs Setiawan/Gideon will be in the dream final I guess...

I think Ratchanok like that jerseys :cool:

3. wade

wade Regular Member

Hopefully they would get a new one for the all england next year. I actually kinda miss the batik jersey that kido/hendra wear in 2010, but I doubt yonex would produce that :D

Hmmmm...I kinda want to see kevin playing with praveen.

4. indrg

indrg Regular Member

No Kevin will beat the crap out of Praveen.

Master likes this.
  5. wade

wade Regular Member

LOL

6. Master

Master Regular Member

That's true :D

7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Wow will they have live stream for the Championships? Kevin/Ahsan vs Hendra/Marcus is a must watch! If it happens..

I would like that jersey too if Kevin gave me one for free hahaha

8. Master

Master Regular Member

The 2018 National Championships event will be aired on TVRI starting from Dec 20-22 (QF onwards). And for live streams maybe available on djarumbadminton.com or this youtube channel as well.

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I see. I hope that youtube channel has it then, I remember Indonesia Open streams by djarumbadminton.com weren't available for anyone outside Indonesia.

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I loved the moment at 1:15 where he's like "Daddy, he's starting to play my bullshit games too! I'm the only one that's allowed to do this!" ;) :D

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Pairs these days are too moody. They feel hurt when they lost a big tournament or lost a final. Not being able to move on. I think its more of ego

Thats why its difficult to compete. .

Conrad/Kolding, Li/Liu, GohTan, InoueKaneko including AnggaRicky. How many times can one take it losing in Final?

12. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

his antics became a little bit too much since hongkong open last year, don't know why. but gotta say when he's like that he rarely lose :D

angga/ricky...minions really destroy their confidence after losing 2 final in 2016.

13. wade

wade Regular Member

14. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

I feel like KSS plays better when he is more emotional. More grit to his game. He should keep that emotions in the game but not show it to the opponent imo and channel it elsewhere

15. wade

wade Regular Member

According to herry ip, there's some extra training for marcus gideon on the defense, he notice that a lot of pairs have been targeting him lately.

16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

oops.. Most of the videos are against LiLiu, ConradKolding and GohTan huh. Cant say they are not broken .

Realise most of the times he did his antics when he is winning , 1 game up or equal in the game. No argues, he can do what he wants since he has the most titles(you need to back it up), he can destroy opponents mentality and when opponents is up 1 game, i think they are too excited to beat him.

While TanQiang did that fake end up losing lol. Then that is clown.

#2076 Yoji, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

They should put life size pop stand of the opponents at his courtside perhaps. So he could show his emotions not towards the opponents directly while keeping the emotions in the game?

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Tan Qiang changed his mind.

Seriously, I am starting to believe that Kevin is running for President with your campaign.

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Watching this makes me wonder how Cai/Fu trained against 4 players. Is it more effective with more players on the other side?

20. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I would think so. Logically speaking. Having 2 guys covering the back and 2 covering the front? It forces you to play harder, play smarter, and challenge a pair that huge margin more. If you can beat twice the number of opponents who are always ready and don't have to move as much as a single pair does, would you not be playing better? I know it sounds simplistic but just consider it?

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk