Anthony Sinisuka Ginting

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Sundis, Aug 9, 2015.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Mm.. I don't mind watching LD more than watching LCW personally, it's more realistic. They are over 35 years old after all, you can't expect LD to play like he used to. Actually seeing whether if LD in his current form could win his match makes it more exciting for me.

Ginting play is fun to watch if he is more focused and makes less errors. Momota's match could get boring depends on the level of his opponent.

2. TheAhlang

TheAhlang Regular Member

In my case even at his prime (LD) I didn't really like to watch it. I prefer watching lcw personally. Even when LCW being outplayed by LD I still prefer LCW lol.. Yes because I'm fanatic to LCW =))). Gosh I really hate LD back then but not right now XD.

Sorry for my reply, don't mind me okay :)

3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

No worries. LD is the GOAT :D:D:p

4. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Seems like Ginting is still having troubles getting his game going in slow conditions. His deceptions and his attacks didn't seem to do much against SYQ here.
    But looking how bad SYQ played today (injuries and all), perhaps Ginting was doing a lot better than it seemed in QF to had drained SYQ that much?

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Another broken record going to repeat itself. Coach felt Ginting is lacking in physical (stamina) area :D

Again like it was before the Asian Games, it is said that they have been focusing on improving his physicals fitness and how it should help him to keep his focus and consistency during the (long) matches.

His coach's comment on Ginting (Google translated from the article) :
    "For Anthony we are focusing on improving the physical stamina, as well as the strength of the legs and the arms. That's the most important thing to be able to play long-term. While for technique and mentality it should be good," his coach said.

Source : https://sport.detik.com/raket/d-431...ke-guangzhou-anthony-absen-dari-korea-masters

Let's hope he could repeat his performances like in the AG and China Open :)

buibui2 likes this.
  7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

It is more important that he avoids injury. To me, i think AG is injury prone. In AsianGames, it will have teach him a lot.
    Its very long year. He got to feel reasonably happy with 2 titles and bronze in AG.

8. mantoufist

mantoufist Regular Member

Not sure whether to post this here or on the KM thread, but as a fan of both players seeing other KM fans (especially in Japanese spaces I guess) fear/get frustrated at ASG so much is both funny and a bit concerning:p:confused:

anyway hoping the rivalry continues for years to come!

9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Momota is better than Ginting but lets hope they meet more at big tournament say AllEngland.

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I have nothing against Momota but sometimes it's hard to be neutral. I prefer Ginting to Momota on any occasion, as I would LD to LCW :D

buibui2 and mantoufist like this.
  11. mantoufist

Yeah, obviously, so the fact that some people still get awfully worked up even when the former has beaten the latter more than the other way around this year is, frankly, hilarious to watch.:D

12. wade

wade Regular Member

What about kevin vs zhang nan, who do you prefer ? :D

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Uff.. a very tough question:confused::confused:

Good thing this is double so let's say I prefer Marcus to Liu Cheng lol :D:p

14. Master

Master Regular Member

I would define the rivalry between Ginting and Momota as below:

Ginting would have more advantage on attacking side, it's clear that Ginting's attacking shots much more varied than what Momota have in his bag. On the other side, Momota have a lot advantage on defensive side with his neutralized shots and accurate returned shots, these shots coming back from Momota would trouble Ginting more.

Then the decisive factor is on both player's consistency, which one more ready on courts with their on-form condition would make them the winner of their matches.

So, the battle of game plan is also takes a pivotal role in their meetings. Ginting will try to inject the pace on most his game rhythm while Momota will try to counter with his slow return rhythm (with more push on deep corners). Any lack of shot consistency will drain his stamina and give his opponent more points from the unforced errors.

Ginting is an attacking type player, but still he need to play more rally shots to win against Momota.

buibui2 and mantoufist like this.
  15. mantoufist

Sorry for quoting myself here (and borderline ranting at this point) but any idea of why fans of the former in this forum seem to hate the latter so much :(is it because of the consecutive defeats?

16. minions

minions Regular Member

Maybe. Honestly, some people's admiration of KM has escalated a bit too high. When someone having more fans, there will be some fans who are blind fanboy.

mantoufist likes this.
  17. Dragon88

Dragon88 Regular Member

Does anyone know he is the 2-time player who defeated Kento Momota in 2018?

18. mantoufist

...you may want to backtrack this very thread for a bit to see the, uhm, party you missed:D

#98 mantoufist, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  19. Master

Master Regular Member

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Hm... what party?:D

Well I really hope he could be more consistent this year. Expecting more from him after his stellar performances in Asian Games and China Open S1000 particularly. He was still having trouble playing in slower condition, but at least Malaysian and Indonesia Masters are going to be faster halls?

mantoufist likes this.