Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

2. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

He already entertains us with his skills and antics on court. :p

3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

So this is the infamous "newspaper" suit that people were talking about.:D:D:D

Well he once starred in a movie called "King" when he was very young haha. I hope he would concentrate on badminton only until he retired from the professional badminton. His real entertainment "stage" is on the badminton court.

stanleyfm, mantoufist and wade like this.
  4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I don't think it plays a large role in injury occurrence. I could be wrong, but I have not seen any studies or papers indicating that the length of a sporting event has a direct influence on number of injuries. Sprinters probably get injured more than long-distance runners, although I have nothing to support that guess :D
    The injuries are just different most of the time, shorter, more intense sports usually results in muscle or tendon injuries (especially tears), whereas longer events and the training for them usually result more in overuse injuries, e.g. inflammations and joint issues.
    Kevin's style of play certainly wouldn't have been as successful in 2004, for example, but that is because of several factors, equipment being one of them as well...
    The different scoring system probably just would have promoted a slightly slower pace because of somewhat longer matches, yet nothing utterly different. We still saw cramps and stuff happening with the new system as well, because it's not about the total length of the match, but rather how long any given match is compared to your usual ones, and what you've prepared for. LCW was not prepared to play several 3-game matches well over the hour mark in 2013, for example (and sceptics still point to the mysterious A/C malfunction as a contributing factor), and was right on the edge in the 2011 final as well, reportedly cramping up fiercely backstage after the match.
    Sorry for the lengthy excursion. I hope you get my point - injuries will always happen in competitive sports, and no matter the format/scoring system, more tournaments equal more stress and thus more injuries. If you changed the format to something super short, players would eventually adapt and be fatigued and injury-prone at the end of a 20-minute match just as they are today at the end of an hour-long battle.

#2124 j4ckie, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Now I remember whom Kevin's behavior (antics) and cheekiness reminds me of, the younger Stephen Chow's characters in his movies :D:D:D Just watched a few of his old movies on Youtube.

Cheeky, bold, silly, provoking, getting under his opponent's skin so often and so freaking annoying yet very funny because he was usually a somehow genius but always made a fool of himself in the end. Some love him, some dislike or even hate him. I am in the group that loved him and enjoyed his movies very much. Maybe that's why I find most of Kevin's antics so funny and lovable. :D:p

6. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    Hated
    Adored
    Never Ignored

that sums up this pair.

Saru, samkool, wade and 2 others like this.
  7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yesh Hate Him, Love Him but you can almost never see the No1 pair plays as entertaining as them. JungJaeSung, FuHaiFeng,.. its all bout power.

8. wade

wade Regular Member

Wow very tough draw for minions in group A, hopefully they would beat han/zhou this time. gotta ask some tips from fajar/rian maybe :p also wonder how li/liu gonna play, they're the most unpredictable pair at the moment lol :D

9. wade

wade Regular Member

10. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

wow, the court this year is red, maybe because HSBC's logo is red

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Ouch... my eyes!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

12. terrynguyen121988

I think it will cause some problems to players. But I like the new things. In tennis, the courts have different colors and it's interested

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It will be a mess.
    Imagine all red court with minions bee costumes running around.. :confused::confused:

14. terrynguyen121988

It's something like black cloth in the dark ^-^ invisible. Maybe red cloth will be prohibited

15. wade

wade Regular Member

BTW it looks like kevin has been gaining more weight, or is it just me ? :confused:

16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Consecutive Player of The Year!! Congrats minions.

Probably its much better that they won it with their swashbuckling style of badminton for the promotion of badminton. They deserve it. MD is probably a little less difficult than MS but its more tense.

17. wade

wade Regular Member

Congrats minions, you win it again ;)

2018 awards.jpg

18. minions

minions Regular Member

Our golden pair, Marcus/Kevin win the BWF Male Player of the Year 2018. Wooohhoooooo!!!!!!! Congrats to them.

wade likes this.
  19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

That probably is equal to 1 Finals title lol. Money raking in again. It probably means more than the Finals.

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Is this confirmed?

Wow this is quite unexpected but a pleasant surprise indeed. Congratulations to them.
    I am so glad they chose the blue and white jersey instead of the other one for the winning picture.