Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You're right, I just found out about it and posted it on the tournament thread; yesterday's slip injured her leg a little and it affected her game today with Michelle. she's not sure if she'd play tomorrow against Nozomi, still undecided.

2. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

She can't even progress anymore, right? Why risk aggravating the injury? There's Chinese league play and the 500 events in january to consider.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

https://k.sina.com.cn/article_54989...bf.html?wm=3049_0016&from=qudao&http=fromhttp

This is glad tidings for CBA's doubles departments. At the ongoing Guangzhou World Tour Finals, Fu Haifeng was spotted at the Tianhe Gymnasium these two days. He revealed that he is there in his capacity as CBA's Technical Consultant to observe and monitor Team CHN's performance, and thereafter he will be joining the national training team to assist CBA in the coaching and preparation of the Men's Doubles, Women's Doubles and Mixed Doubles players for their Tokyo 2020 Olympic gold quests.

tbgoh288 and skhai91 like this.
  4. minions

minions Regular Member

I don't see Qiao Bin and Huang Yuxiang in the M&Q list for the tournaments next month. Is this the signal of them being kicked out of national team?

5. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

In which tournments??

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

There are rumors about Qiao Bin leaving the national team. Huang Yuxiang is still around, perhaps his current WR25 , which means he can play any WTS events, allow him to skip certain low level tournaments early in the year according to his needs and priorities, such as to play the CBSL, go for the winter training more fully with little disruption.

But I noticed Lin Dan's name in the THA Masters in January, my guess is that he wants to raise his world ranking or prevent it from sliding too much; similarly for a few others like Gao Fangjie, Zhang Yiman.

7. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Can u plz give the links. I can't find them in bwf tournment software

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

9. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It's all in there, just go to the tournament itself, open the page, select the M & Q report (choose the latest updated one) under downloads available, click and download the file and you get the list of enrollees.

11. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Dissapointed about shi yuqi. Not satisfied about his perfomances today. If he plays like this he has less chances to win the title. Today he was troubled by a player who has never reached a final or semi final in a super series or above level tournment untill today

12. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Congratulations Shi Yuqi for winning the World Tour Finals. I must say although I didn't expect him to win he has improved in a few important areas which made it possible. The first Thing I notice is that he is taking the shuttle much earlier due to his improved stamina and speed. Secondly is his good footwork making it possible for him to be there early for the return. Because of these improvements he can delay his shots and be very deceptive. He has been working on these areas and we use to see that he was erratic and inconsistent as it was still work in progress.But today he showed us the game that the coaches have been working on and because there were very few unforced errors it was difficult for Momota. In the case of the match against Sameer, I think he is one of those players that some find great difficulty to play against. Which is why I feel the china juniors should play in more tournaments against indian opponents.
    Deception, Speed , a good attack and defence plus good mental ability were evident in SY today. Well done coaches.

Cheung likes this.
  13. LjS4

LjS4 Regular Member

Congrats to li liu, not really a good year for them but still could win some big titles. congrats to shi yuqi too who finally can get his first win against momota.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Just realized today at the victory ceremony for the MS Final when Xia Xuanze was invited to present the mascots to the two podium finishers that Xia Xuanze is introduced as the vice-president of CBA on top of being Head Coach for Singles in CBA.

No wonder he wasn't on courtside during the Shi Yuqi - Momota match, leaving Cheng Yu alone to do duty.

15. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

I also suspect that fact, China didn't register Huang YX and Qiao Bin in three SEA BWF world tour. It seems they will groom and develop new batch MS, Lu Guangzu, Zhao Junpeng, Zhou Zeqi. Also see some juniors in reserved list of THA Masters Super 300 (Ren Pengbo, Liu Haichao, Gao Zhengze). The competition is cruel there with high expectation for nation glory.

16. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

In Huang Yuxiang case, he will turn 26 years old next month and nothing big leap in his badminton career. I guess it's a wake up call for him as the juniors are ready to replace his spot in CHN national team.

17. antssantss

Retired
    Appreciate if you could let us know where you get to see the players registration list that you mention here?

18. Master

Master Regular Member

As per usual, every M&Q Reports are published here: https://corporate.bwfbadminton.com/events/calendar/2019/

Just click each tournament name and then you will notice each document available there.

19. antssantss

Retired
  20. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member