Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I actually came across the article yesterday but couldn't fully make out what the short announcement is about as details were sketchy,even the author who reported it didn't elaborate on it but merely posted the said announcement as is, that's why I, being just an amateur, hesitated to attempt a translation of the article as beyond me without the use of a good translation service or dictionary. Nevertheless, pardon me for taking the liberty of a slipshod attempt as the names of Zhao Jianhua and Sun Jun being co-opted as members of the special work group is just too tempting to miss. So here goes:

The announcement says, according to the Ministry of Civil Affairs of the PRC and China State Sports General Administration pertaining to the general requirements for the association's election, the CBA intends to carry out the election of the 2019 Preparatory working Group.

To ensure that the 2020 Tokyo Olympics preparatory work goes smoothly, based on the policy reform ideas of " Ensure, Promote and Strengthen the campaign preparation", to actively and soundly carry on the advancement of the association's reforms and through the use of research, we are setting up the sixth CBA General Committee Preparatory Working Group.

The list of members of the Preparatory Working Group as follows:-

Team Leader - Zhang Jun
    Deputy Head - Xia Xuanze
    Members - Feng Pingshan, Zhao Jianhua, Sun Jun, Shen Hui, Lu Liguo, Shi JIansong.

Special Announcement.
    Chinese Badminton Association

[Forgive my clumsy translation above, please feel to improve on it as you deem fit. As the roles and responsibilities of the members are not defined and specified in detail, I'm not sure what Zhao Jianhua and Sun Jun are supposed to do. Are they just policy advisors or do they provide technical training for the national (singles?) players as what Fu Haifeng is tasked to carry out for all the doubles players ? I've no idea. Perhaps, @RedShuttle can help to clarify ? - Justin L]

2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Those two big names, former CHN prominent MS players in 80's & 90's era, World Champion 1991 & 1999 are expected to make amends, giving insight to assist Xia Xuanze.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, it'll be great if both of them are given the task of training the singles players personally like what Fu Haifeng, not a member of the work group, is going to do for the doubles players all the way to the Tokyo Olympics. That's my major wish, just having them to proffer advice on policy matters only , and not provide technical training to the players is not maximising their talents, in fact under-utilising or even wasting their valuable expertise, in my opinion.

4. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Something wrong with shi yuqi again??

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sigh, he shockingly lost to a relative unknown , a certain 20-year-old Lei Lanxi, whom the round before actually caused a big upset disposing of Ng Kah Long ,in the CBSL; still, nobody gave LLX a chance.

The question is , did he play poorly? No, I don't think so, as I actually thought LLX out-attacked him or, generally, outplayed him, which impressed me unexpectedly. However, what's even more surprising is that Sun Jun, coaching Shi Yuqi , had to tell him to believe in himself and not let the opponent dictate the rallies; apparently, SYQ was stunned by how well his opponent played and, despite equalizing with G2, became unsure of himself in the decider, was reduced to being reactive as the opponent continued in the same vein as in G1, very proactive and seizing the initiative now and then with fast attacks, remarkable defense and better net play.

By the way, Shi Yuqi the round before also lost to Zhou Zeqi but as ZZQ is much better known than Lei Lanxi and is a national player, it was unexpected but not really a huge upset. Perhaps it's an indication of SYQ's form coming into the CBSL, sort of unwinding himself at the end of the year after capping it with a brilliant win over Momota at the Guangzhou World Tour Finals Grand Finale.

6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

One word, consistency. We'll see in upcoming BWF tours when SHi YQ taking part, MAS & INA Master Super 500, how far he will go?

7. minions

minions Regular Member

Any news about CHN national team members? Who gets to be selected to the national team?

8. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Poor performance by China junior MS, Ren Pengbo, Sun Feixiang and Liu Haicho. None of them proceeded into the main draw.

9. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Disappointed about them. It is good for chinese badminton if lin guipu return soon

10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The question is when will he make comeback in BWF World Tour? Absolutely, it takes time for Lin GP to feel the atmosphere playing in very competitive tournament.

11. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

He will have to play in international tournments & super 100 tournments before entering to major tournments

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

13. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

14. antssantss

Retired
    I was quite surprised to see Zhao Junpeng defeating the 2nd seed K. Phetpradap. Well done, but I am not optimistic about his chances to go further.

15. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

So disappointed about cai yaiyan's performances.she is so much error prone.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yeah , most of Saena's points are scored on Cai Yanyan's unforced errors ( a few forced by SK's tenacious defense). Apparently, CYY was trying to be too precise and kept going for the lines and ended up smashing wide or dropping into the net, too error-prone. Consistency is lacking.

17. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

I think she missed an easy oppurtunity to enter top 15. Lack of womens doubles players is a huge problem for chinese badminton these days. Players like sun yu,chen xioaxin can be converted to doubles players. No improvement from chen xiaoxin

18. antssantss

Retired
    Chen Xiaoxin has improved . She always had tight matches against N Okuhara, but her tendency to make silly mistakes made me doubt she will ever beat her. So I am surprised she finally did. And in two sets. Maybe NO was out of match practice. But she has stamina and her game has got better. Lets see how she fares against HBJ tomorrow

19. decrepit

decrepit Regular Member

In the upcoming Barcelona Spain Master, Yu Xiaohan is paired with Cao Tong Wei. I wonder what happens to Tang Jinhua again ...

20. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

May be injured