GAO Fangjie (高昉洁)

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by pcll99, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Unless you are Sosonov, then you can beat LYD/YYS at the Olympics after such a horrible injury... o_O

2. lurker

lurker Regular Member

Cheung and CLELY like this.
  3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Agree with you, her performance seems stuck, not too impressive after created big headline in 2017 CHN Open Premier. China has pool of upcoming WS talents. Han Yue has fastest development so far among CHN second-stringers.

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Sosonov should write a book about that "miraculous" speedy recovery.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2019-01-22/doc-ihrfqzka0011695.shtml
    [​IMG]

It's confirmed that Gao Fangjie has been diagnosed to have ruptured her left Achilles tendon and complete treatment cum rehabilitation would take about 10 to 12 months. It also meant she'll be out of action the whole of this year and she can say goodbye to her Olympic quest for Tokyo 2020.

An unfortunate start to her nascent professional career, born 29 September 1998 (age 20 years), Nanjing, China. See you next year, Gao Fangjie.

CLELY and mantoufist like this.
  6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    no no nooooooooooo

7. naim564

naim564 Regular Member

IT Engineer
    Sooooo Sad to see another good Badminton Player is out of action. Why is Chinese WS players prone to many Injuries ??
    Their Career lifetime is few years only..

Need to learn from Indian players who SN & PV, who majority of times remained Injury free and Career spans Decades and improving as they age.

More than game, need to focus on strengthening each Muscle that should handle all the stress.

Based on the video she got injured around 26:00 min, it didn't look like high stress movement but a major injury. Sad.

Hope she recovers and come back..but its not gonna but same at all.

8. Zhierl

Zhierl Regular Member

Dunno, but maybe CBSL, look before and after.

9. jctai

jctai Regular Member

There're sooooo many factors that can lead to players suffering injury on/off court. Each players are born with different body attributes, while some are naturally robust, some are more prone to fail under stress. Strengthening program varies for different players too, it is not realistic to expect players to achieve same level of fitness with similar program. Take MS players for example, who can top Lin Dan and LCW's physical prowess in their prime? There's no secret on how they achieve such extreme physically ability and yet no other MS players seemed to be able to perform like Lin Dan and LCW. I don't think it's because of lack of effort but merely the difference in their natural resilience to heavy repetitive training and the mental strength that allows them to push through their limit.
    Another aspect would be SN & PV are seasoned players with extraordinary mental conditioning so they are less likely to commit course of action that would potentially harm themselves. GFJ is relatively green in terms of making calculated decision, as bad decisions pile up, it would eventually result in injury such as the one she's suffering now. Chinese WS scene is extremely competitive, young players need to fight very hard to be recognized and selected to participate in major events like Uber, Sudirman and Olympics. That's why it would not come to me as a surprise that GFJ gave everything she has to beat Carolina.

10. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Another aspect you have to look on is that difference in depth of WS in China and India is huge. There's no one Indian WS player in Calibre of SN and PVS behind. But Chinese WS have so many players and hence the competition there is maximum.

SN has been injured quite a lot of times, most major is I guess back in 2011 and then at Rio 2016. She's been a fighter and fortunate enough to recover well and still play in top tier tournaments and be in top 10. As for Sindhu, she's been injury free as of now and I pray that she remains injury free in future too.

I hope GFJ recovers well and works hard post injury. She has a good potential and I hope to see her back in court after 1.5-2 years.

11. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    That is so sad to hear. I doubt she will be able to make a comeback. There has been no comeback precedence for Chinese WS players eg Wang Lin, Wang Xin, Sun Yu, Li Xuerui (I’ll stick my neck out for this one). Not especially when there are very capable juniors like Zhou Meng and Wang Zhiyi waiting to burst out of the junior ranks.

Best wishes to GFJ. Hope my prediction is proven wrong.

t is

12. visor

visor Regular Member

Achilles tendon rupture is not as devastating and easier to recover from than ACL tear, which is what all the other females on your list (not sure about Sun Yu).

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

13. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Is patella tendon injury easier to recover?

I think Wang Lin had it..

14. visor

visor Regular Member

15. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

It's same as Tian Qing's injury, no? Let's be real, I'd agree with Cunning... it's the end. She *may* participate in pro tournaments again after recovering, but it'll be difficult to ever achieve top-tier.

16. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Maybe if Gao Fangjie came from minor badminton countries, it's no problem to make come back, but China has pool of talents, hungry for success who ready to take over her spot. A cruel reality.

LenaicM likes this.
  17. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

maybe players from strong badminton countries should move to other countries like they do in table tennis. Difficult decision for players but there will be more talents in courts

18. Master

Master Regular Member

I notice that Gao Fangjie has just granted a Protected Ranking since the BWF ranking released on January 29, 2019 [no remark of PR on January 22, 2019 here].

19. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

20. Yohaneesy

Yohaneesy Regular Member

student high school
    I miss GFJ so much, hope she will return soon.