Li Ning No. 1 String - Anyone using it?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Charlie-SWUK, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    This sounds like the issue I found previously between the purple and black packets. There definitely seems to be two runs of the string, and one is clearly better.

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Define better. As I said, if it wasn't for the different pings, I wouldn't have noticed any other difference whatsoever. They feel equally awesome during actual play.

I just got a new black labeled reel recently and have it a try immediately. Ping was also on the lower side. So it seems as if there has been a general change in the production at some point.

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    What's your clamp clean and adjust circle? How often do you clean the rails of the base? ;) Have you investigated if one of the screw of the clamp is broken? I managed to break one of the screws once which results in more movement. Also cleaning the diamond dusted plates can bring the ping back. Beeing lazyness in terms of maintance result in lower pings than usual. ;)

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Guess what I did after the first, second and third lower than usual ping result?

Also, the deviation only occurs with LN1. All other strings come out perfectly spot on. And as mentioned, even the one single pack of LN1 I used in between was again spot on with the old references. So yeah, I'm close to 100% sure that it's the string that brought in the difference.

#1124 s_mair, Jan 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  5. Udit Jain

Udit Jain Regular Member

I am just flabbergasted my friend, broke the string within a month and honestly i am not impressed, we play social badminton and durability plays a big part when it comes to looking at my pocket, gone back to BG65 Ti happy days again i guess.

Also just bought pack of Vector NS3000 nylon shuttle any idea will it matches mavis 350 speed and guile

6. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    A month is not enough?

7. Udit Jain

Udit Jain Regular Member

haha thats a good one i would say 3 months/gut suits me

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Not surprised really. No.1 with plastic shuttles won't last you a lifetime, you know? Now add just a tiny bit of slicing in your overhead shots and you can kill it within even less than a month.

If you want better durability whilst keeping the overall feel of No.1, then try No.5. That thing seems to be indistructible.

Udit Jain likes this.
  9. Udit Jain

Udit Jain Regular Member

also i found that no.7/BG65 r 0.70mm thick while No.1 is 0.65mm thick any suggestions on some gutting which r between these two in terms of thickness, how well it will go in terms of durability power and repulsion ?Any expert comments

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Which tension are you currently playing with?

Two candidates that match your description imo:
    No. 5
    Ashaway Zymax 69Fire

Both 0.69 mm, medium hard hitting feel (fits to plastic shuttles). ZM69F has the slightly better durability whereas No.5 a tad more repulsion and a crispier feel (not that it mattered with plasics).

11. Udit Jain

Udit Jain Regular Member

i am playing with 24lbs tension will try no.5 for sure, hows Gosen G-5/G9 pro ?

12. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    NS3000 isn't as good as 350 as far as speed is concerned. Upgrade to 600 for durability and performance or 2000 for just performance.

The Gosen stuff is good. I'm running the Pro70 without issues atm. TBH, prefer it over the GTone 5 & 9 ATM but I'm sure many would disagree :p

(Casual idiot's opinion)

Udit Jain likes this.
  13. Udit Jain

Udit Jain Regular Member

i take all ur opinions into my consideration my friend thats why i use this forum :p

14. SimonCarter

SimonCarter Regular Member

I have read somewhere that black #1 is to be avoided but I could not find the reason? Is there a real difference between black and white in term of feels or durability? I would love to have black strings on my red zf2 !
    I have always strung with bg65 and I want to try something else. I am trying #1 and #5 on Sunday. Will report on my feelings.

15. visor

visor Regular Member

Lighter coloured strings always provide the best feel simply due to less added colour pigments.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

16. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I could and probably should rate it down to making the most difference from a psychological standpoint but they just feel off to me.

Anything black feels wrong as far as strings go. I gave loads of strings a fair shot but just couldn’t gel well with it.

17. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

I use black #1 in my black N9ii and it does look cool, imo. As for feel, I can't compare to white but I have also used blue #1 and they both feel equal to me. I also use white BG66 ultimax and yellow BG80 and prefer #1 no matter what the colour. #1 has been more resilient to off centre hits too.

18. Budi

Budi Regular Member

For some reason i think #1 is more durable than BG66UM.
    Almost all my 66UM snap before ot turn to terrible feel, but i never snap #1 which mostly it end up feel terrible to that i had to cut it & restrung it.
    My last #1, i pull it at 27lbs (normally i do 26lbs, just trying with 27) but havent snap up till now. Thinking to cut it again right now.

19. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Yes, 66um is much less durable than no.1.

20. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

As you would expect from a thinner performance string...

Sent from my StringLab using TapaTalk.

Cheers,
    FeatherBlaster

swsh likes this.