Voltric Z-Force 2 (3U) Vs. Voltric Z-Force 2 (4U) Vs. Astrox 99 (4U)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by syncope, Jan 27, 2019.

?

Which is the best?

1. Voltric Z-Force 2 (3U)

25.0%
  2. Astrox 99 (4U)

20.6%
  3. Voltric Z-Force 2 (4U)

54.4%
  1. syncope

syncope New Member

Hello everyone.

I am sort of confused between the above three. I am a smash lover, prefer power game over control game and play mostly singles.

I have heard ZF2 (3U) is the best but it's not available in my country and I would have to import it for a pretty high cost.

How does Astrox 99 (4U) compare with the ZF2 (4U)?

How does the chain work? Is it

ZF2(3U)>Astrox99>ZF2(4U) ?

OR

ZF2(3U)=Astrox99>ZF2(4U) ?

Please help me friends. I have a few matches coming up soon. I don't mind spending a bit extra for ZF2 (3U) if it's really that much better than Astrox 99.

2. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    none, the best is voltric z force 88

3. syncope

syncope New Member

Hmmm. But the old Voltric Z-Force doesn't take a 27 lbs tension which I feel most comfortable with. I also heard that the Z-Force 2 is a step above the old Z-Force.

The ZF88 is also not available in my country. So it's back to the same question.

Are the ZF88 and the ZF2 3U absolute best to warrant me spending almost double the amount than a Astrox 99 4U or a ZF2 4U.

4. llrr

llrr Regular Member

His reply was a joke btw, coz there's no such thing as the "best" racquet. There's only what's best for you, and it depends on your skill level and preferences in racquets

5. syncope

syncope New Member

True. I should have written which racquet is best for me. My bad.

Any view on whether I should get the Astrox 99 or the Voltric ZF2 (3U). I am leaning towards the Voltric 3U but then I would have to import it at a larger price than the 4U and pay the huge customs as well, almost 50%. Is it worth getting it over Astrox 99?

6. WonderfulChild

WonderfulChild Regular Member

Racquets are like food. Everyone has different tastes and what may be amazing to one person might be awful to the next.

Like llrr said, there is no such thing as the "best" racquet. No one can recommend you one without knowing your skill level, preference, and style of play.

Father Parrot and ucantseeme like this.
  7. syncope

syncope New Member

I did mention that info in my very first post. Should I elaborate something more or is that okay?

8. WonderfulChild

3U vs 4U is quite simple. It's the overall weight of the racquet. 3U is heavier, so it should give you a bit more power while sacrificing some speed and defensive capability. It's mostly a preference thing.

A ZFII is only really a good racquet choice for an advanced player that is very physically fit, strong, and has proper technique. If that sounds like you, then there shouldn't be any problems. Otherwise, it will only result in fatigue or injury.

9. syncope

syncope New Member

Thanks for the reply I would have already got the ZF2-3U but only 4U is available in my country and I would have to import the 3U for almost double the original cost.

Would it serve me much better than an Astrox 99 considering that I am a power player who is quite comfortable with 3U racquets and about to peak my fitness so that I won't feel much bad about burning the extra dough.

10. SimonCarter

SimonCarter Regular Member

I play with the zf2 4u in singles and it is very good, i feel like the lighter racquet allows for faster swing and better stick smashesI and have non trouble smashing hard and strong with it.
    I think that if you want Big attacking shots it would be
    Zf2 3u > ax99 3u > zf2 4u > ax99 4u

Keep in mind that momota Plays with an ax99 4u and smashes very hard.

syncope likes this.
  11. Tec07

Tec07 Regular Member

Interesting to hear momota is using 4u.. i always assumed 99% of singles pro's men and women used 3u

12. syncope

syncope New Member

I read somewhere even LCW uses the same.

13. syncope

syncope New Member

Thank you so much. That clears it up. ZF2 (3U) it is, for 1.8X the original price. :D

14. SimonCarter

Ahah i tried tout keep it reasonable for you not to jump on an overprice racket

But if you Can spare the Money do it. Else you will always Wonder what if i took the zf2 3u? I know that feeling ahah

15. WonderfulChild

It might make a little difference, but not a huge one. Technique >>>> Racket.

16. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Smash lover...singles...power over control in singles...:confused: I'm alert that somebody really look for the wrong racket and a racket he can't use full.

17. syncope

syncope New Member

T
    True. I have had a few friends who brought a racquet with a logical thought process primarily based on price even when they had the money and are now having second thoughts. Don't want to be accounted amongst them. XD

18. syncope

syncope New Member

Right said.

19. syncope

syncope New Member

Oh. So which one would you suggest? I am about to order it tomorrow.

20. SimonCarter

The main concern is the technique you have. Zf2 is very demanding. When i have an off game or an off day getting the right shots is too hard for me. And my techbique is decent (you can check my personnal progression thread if you want to campare with yours)
    But worse having a racquet as stiff and small headed can lead tout injury.
    It all come down to your ability to make a powerful shot without forcing yourself. If you can then go for zf2, if you have to give everything you have to smash then be careful about hurting yourself.
    An astroxx 77 is a more flexible and forgiving racquet that is still used by some pros. That would be a good adivce. The flexibility will allow for powerful smash and clears.

syncope likes this.