Daihatsu INDONESIA Masters 2019 : Qualification-FINAL (22-27 January)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Jan 21, 2019.

1. minions

minions Regular Member

In Swiss Open. Well, I have no idea. If the venue in Swiss Open is the same as the venue in WC, then some top players may participate there. Swiss Open is used to have top players played there.

2. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Of course its unfortunate for CM. Burden for traveling is already great enough from Spain. It d be different if Asian player get injured, without Marin, its a step down in Badminton especially in WS sector.

Anks likes this.
  3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

They need to know their limits. It's too late if you have already badly injured to regret it afterward.
    Seems like TTY has been doing quite well in looking after herself, better skip tournaments or retire during matches rather than forcing herself to finish a game/match if it would have ended up much much worse.

4. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Aw c'mon now. I agree with you about natsir being a legend but irreplaceable? There would be a lot others but surely natsir will always have special spot as a great athlete in the annals of badminton history.

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

5. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    I think Gao Fangjie has Achilles tendon injury, which is at the ankle.

Marin has ACL. Assuming that her tear is not major, she should be back in 6mons but will take her a year more to play to the full potential, which might not be as good as the one before injury. She still should be handy for many. Okuhara has been through that phase but now she is still winning the titles (cant recall okuhara's injury details).

LXR injury was quite extensive. So it took her very long to make a comeback. She might not be at her best/peak again. I feel she is still doing great. Hoping she will improve further and kick some asses.

Anks likes this.
  6. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Oh Gosh I just wanna see these players playing with their healthy self and retire healthy after a beautiful successful career like LN.
    May God bless all players with best of health and success.

7. minions

minions Regular Member

Well, other INA XD can take up her mantle. But, I highly doubt that they can achieve even half of Natsir's achievements, let alone the entire one. IMO, once a legend always a legend. A legend is to be created, not be replaced. That's what I get.

8. badmintony

You doubt it and doubts can always be proven itherwise And legends are not replaced, but more legends are added in the list and who knows, maybe not in our lifetime.

minions likes this.
  9. Anks

Anks Regular Member

The saddest part is that INA Badminton Association gave no farewell to Debby...Which I know the reason of..Because debby didnt win any OG Medal or WC medal but I think they should have given a bug farewell to her as well.

She must be feeling too sad..its not fair.

10. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

The explanation here by the official: they will held one farewell for Debby too, details to be advise.

Debby farewell TBA.jpg

stanleyfm and Anks like this.
  11. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Thats great to know...All players should be made feel special just like how they made all of us feel with their play.

12. minions

minions Regular Member

Well, it depends on the circumstance. The farewell party doesn't always have to be on court. I don't remember ZYL got farewell party like Natsir had few days ago.

13. Anks

Anks Regular Member

thata true though I feel unless they give Debby the INTL telecast farewell it would be unfair of any other kind of farewell they might choose to give her.

As i stated earlier they gave LN such farewell cause she is an OG Gold medalist and unfortunately Debby aint

14. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I think even Natsir didnt expect to reach the Final. It happened that Wang and Zhang not playing, then everything just meant to be.

Its just so much different when you played in the Final, its already a dream come true despite winning or losing, imo. I remembered at that time, Taufik didnt get to play in the Final (IO2013) in his retirement.

15. badmintony

They should give all their great players equal recognition upon retirement regardless of who has the bigger achievements in their career. Without these hardworking athletes their countries reputation won't be recignized

Anks likes this.
  16. minions

minions Regular Member

I don't think that will be fair. To me, achievements speak for everything. Markis Kido was an Olympic champion and he is still playing after decline so much. Do you think that he will get farewell party like Natsir? Or will the veteran Sony will get his?

17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Dont think so.. Kido is not Ricky/Rexy. Its tougher in MD because RR is legend. Need to better their achievements.

18. Anks

Anks Regular Member

true..We have Many Champions in India and Im proud they all get celeb status be it SK,PVS or SN even the veterans like Pulela Gopichand and Prakash Padukone (Who are not even OG or WC Medalist) and it makes them feel special so they dedicate more their time giving to Badminton.And Last year when PVS became the richest and only Badminton Women in the world it was a sign of victory for not only for her but Badminton as a whole.

INA if chooses a certain type of farewel for certain players then they should do it for every player because even if Debby wont admit it but I know deep inside she would feel hurt and she knows the LN's farewell was better cause she had much larger and major medals.

Sad but true but it should be changed cause players are humans too.Not everyone can win an OG or WC but what matters is they tried and worked hard for INA and they deserve a well recognized farewell.

Even Peter Gade didnt win an OG and he was damn upset but Kudos to Denmark he is their hero and mine too and well deservingly so.
    Thumbs up to India and Denmark for treating all their players as stars !!

badmintony likes this.
  19. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Enjoy the game and life. ;)

20. Anks

Anks Regular Member