Badminton in Japan

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by gaDEfan, May 6, 2007.

1. super-g

super-g Regular Member

2. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Hmmm... After his loss yesterday, Shi Yuqi apparently echoed the same sentiments, i.e, he was exhausted after last year.

Most of February is not that busy as far as the international circuit is concerned. However, with the exception of Okuhara, who is no longer affiliated to a corporate team, Team A members will be fully occupied with the S/J League. There is actually not much time for R&R before the All England.

3. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Turns out they are slightly more human than I thought.

4. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

I hope Nishimoto can sign in Spain Master (300). Nishimoto really needs to win a title

5. minions

minions Regular Member

Nah, it is too late. You can see the M&Q for that. Even the M&Q for AE is out.

6. terrynguyen121988

where can I get it

7. minions

minions Regular Member

you can check it at bwf corporate website.

8. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Nishimoto's next appearance will be at the German Open, followed by the All England.

9. terrynguyen121988

German open will have many strong players, in this case, if someone play good in German Open, he/she will fatigue in All England and can get a bad result. Take Chou Tien Chen as an example.

I am not afraid that Nishimoto face a strong player but just take a title to get the confidence.

In my opinion, playing Spain Open, then relax and skip German Open, then play All England is the best way for Nishimoto. Let German Open for Momota ^-^

P/s: just correct some words ^-^. I typed with one eye because I was so sleepy at that time yesterday ^-^

#849 terrynguyen121988, Jan 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  10. kurako

kurako Regular Member

The National A Team training session for the German Open/All England will be held between February 17-23, ... so there is no way that Nishimoto would have entered himself for the Spain Open.

Incidentally, both Momota and Nishimoto will be playing for their corporate teams in the S/J League until February 17th. If both NTT-East and Tonami reach the final of the TOP 4 Tournament, and it is possible that they may, then Momota and Nishimoto will be set to meet each other again.

I can't see Momota losing a second time. :D

11. terrynguyen121988

I don't expect that, a hard fight can be a way for other teams to look at and analyze it.

Nishimoto played aggressively against to Momota at Malaysia Master and then, Viktor and Antonsen also played fastly against to Momota in Indonesia.

^-^ Of course, I hope Nishimoto wins, but I didn't have a chance to watch Nishimoto's matches in Indonesia master, so I didn't know his performance. In contrast, Momota lost to Antonsen in Indo but Momota's performance was still good ^-^. So it's quite hard to me to say "anything". Just support Nishimoto because I'm a fan of Nishimoto.

btw, 4 training days is so short. Wish I was there, then I can say some weaknesses of Nishimoto and show him the way to improve it.

And Higashino as well. By watching her game, I think that Higashino has problem when changing from forehard side to backhand side and vice versa in the defense. She just choose one side on the defensive, and she depends on a luck when defending.

#851 terrynguyen121988, Jan 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  12. terrynguyen121988

13. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Oh dear. When just now glancing through the updated world rankings, I noted that Sakai Kazumasa (Team A) has managed to drop below Igarashi Yu (Team B). It is not looking good. I somehow get the feeling that the German Open and All England may well be his last chance to remain on the team.

14. minions

minions Regular Member

15. decrepit

decrepit Regular Member

Even with this line-up, JPN is still too strong for the rest.
    - MS: It could be 1-0 for CHN, as they have Lu Guangzu and Zhao Junpeng. Kanta and Sakai are not as good as them.
    - WS: I doubt Cai Yanyan or Yue Han could trouble Sayaka Takahashi. I would be 1-1 for JPN
    - MD: It's a 50-50. CHN has Han/Zhou and He/Tan, while JPN could release Kaneko/Inoue
    - WD: Surely JPN will take it with MatsuNaga. I can't see Du/Li winning it, mostly cause I have no more trust on Li Yinhui.
    - XD: WataHiga will seal the tie for JPN if it goes to this XD match. CHN best is He/Du but it seems they cannot withstand WataHiga.

Theoretically, it will be a 3-2 win for JPN if CHN takes the MD match, otherwise it could be 3-1. The key matches will be WS and MD. However, this is a team event, anything could happen when players in high spirit or under pressure. I look forward to a tight score between JPN and CHN if they could manage to face each other in the Final :)

16. terrynguyen121988

If China meets Japan, I guess we have to use the fifth match.

17. minions

minions Regular Member

Is this real? A joined club between Sishunkan and Unisys will participate in Superliga?

18. kurako

kurako Regular Member

19. minions

minions Regular Member

20. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Yep, there may have been a couple of updates regarding the personal information of the players (e.g., Momota's weight seems to have increased from 68 kg to 72 kg), but the membership itself has not changed ... yet.

Badpal, on its Twitter page is suggesting that a review is in place. In consideration of the dependency/physical burden on top players in this event, with the exception of XD, the policy now is not to send the top two rankers in any category.