Voltric Z-Force 2 (3U) Vs. Voltric Z-Force 2 (4U) Vs. Astrox 99 (4U)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by syncope, Jan 27, 2019.

?

Which is the best?

1. Voltric Z-Force 2 (3U)

25.0%
  2. Astrox 99 (4U)

20.6%
  3. Voltric Z-Force 2 (4U)

54.4%
  1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    In India most people play with plastics (You, too?), so a more forgiving racket would help here. I also think (I don't know you and can be wrong) that you are according to your description of your singles game not at the level to use such a racket efficient. It seems you are very interested in the power department, while experience singles player would care more about control, so I agree with @SimonCarter that an AX77 wouldn't be too extreme and chances are higher that it will fit to you. :)

2. syncope

syncope New Member

No, actually I play with the Aerosensa. My coach recommended me the Z-Force or the JS12 but Victor isn't big here in India,so it's hard to find one. He doesn't know much about Astrox, then being relatively new but did tell me to ask someone experienced with it about how it feels.

Since both of you are recommending the AX77, I think I might test it out along with the ZF2(4U) which my local store has and see whose feel I like better Thanks for all the help. Really appreciate it guys.

3. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    See whether you can find the 3U version of AX77

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

syncope likes this.
  4. SimonCarter

SimonCarter Regular Member

If you can test the ax77 do it, That way you will know for sure what you are paying for! I agree on getting a 3u.

ucantseeme and syncope like this.
  5. syncope

syncope New Member

OK. Will see if they have the 3U.

6. Fernaldishan

Fernaldishan New Member

ZF2 4U is much better. bcoz it is slightly user friendly in terms of speed only compared to ZF2 3U and AX99 4U.
    also it tires arm slightly compared to others. even it is 4U. it is great form smashing because the ZF2 is the best racket for smashing. no matter even it is 3U or 4U

7. waterbee

waterbee New Member

When I haven't played for a while, my 3u Force II, the only racquet which I used for years, feels like a piece of dead metal. The thing that I like about my Force II is the solid stable hits whether its push, clear, lift, drive or smash. However, when it comes to defense 3u Force II, you can really feel that you cannot defend that fast even without trying other racquets. I remember using jetspeed s10 after my strings broke and I probably played better than with my original Force II (so essentially Force II is my training racquet. If your finger and wrist power isn't strong enough then you'll probably be using the wrong muscles while defending with a Force II.

8. Erum Meraj2310

Erum Meraj2310 New Member

Absolutely agreed. i think your coach can give u the best advice on this topic as he/she is aware of ur skill set and style of playing

9. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

Hi sorry for bringing up an old thread
    So i've been wondering to get a 4U Ax99 or 4U ZFII
    Ive read a lot of both these two racket comparison and find out so many of you guys say that ZFII is head heavier than Ax99 but ive seen some specification from text to video, and it seems like Ax99 is head heavier?
    Ax99 : 310ish-320+
    VTZFII : 299-310ish
    So which one is correct?:D
    Also which one perform better for doubles(Defense, Drive)?
    And dont worry about compact frame thing, ive used to it (DZS)

10. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

in regards to the ax99. the balance point varies with production time..earlier versions were much more hh than what is currently being produced.

11. Igor

Igor Regular Member

I have several of them, AX99 4u is LCW version.
    I confirm that VZFII is head heavier (+8-10%), and stiffier (+6-7%) - I did not measure, this is my feeling.

VZFII 4u has heavier smash in the same condition. But, if you have some additional time to 'charge', just a fraction of second, the NAMD transforms smashes feon AX99 4u LCW in smth really strong.
    I use Kizuna 63 at 24x26lbs.

AX99 4u LCW is a way faster, but less precise. Less tiring.

I would say that if you have enough health, VZFII 4u is more professionnal, really fine weapon.

PS Kidambi used VZFII when he won French Open in 2017. I was there and took pictures of his rackets, they were VZFII 4u versions, at 26x28 lbs.

visor likes this.
  12. Igor

Igor Regular Member

On more detail, the finger power makes VZFII 4U a really smth strong. When you fingers are strong this racket a way better that tons of others..

13. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I diagree here. 8-10% headheavier is 3-4g on a 40g dry racket and this never ever such a big gap between both.

We also have some infos here (e.g. the Li-Ning string sets) that Kidambi use a much higher tension (33lbs). Dropping of 1-3 lbs depending on the venue is usual but I doubt that he used 26x28.