Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Is it true that minions will get a new kit for the All England? Or that red and white version is the new kit for AE?
    Just realized that Marcus had been wearing different shoes (black) lately, same type different color or entirely new shoes?

I can't believe there would come a day I say this out loud.. I really miss those stupid striped kits even the bumblebee ones (on Kevin)!!
    I think it might have been Marcus and his "different" hairstyle and color that made those kits looked so hideous back then hahaha

2. minions

minions Regular Member

Hahaha, finally you miss the striped shirts. I guess the striped shirts has grown in your heart without you realize it.

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Superseries like Morten said is already Major in itself.

Dont need to be so racist and choosist in term of titles won. Every titles is worth winning.

So if they rest from now till WC , they will win it 100%? thats stupid thinking..

4. minions

minions Regular Member

No, that's not what everyone means. It's just that minions' chance to win WC if they become more selective may be higher. It's not a guaranteed thing though. Personally, someone at their level should be more selective so that someone can compete fully fit. If you want to see someone who doesn't want to skip the tournaments and try to win every titles, you have KM for that.

j4ckie likes this.
  5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

So when LCW wins dozens of titles, including the All England, Taufik's better because he won the OG and WC. When the minions win everything except a WC or OG, we need to stop being 'racist and choosist'.
    If Indonesian fans are now applying this standard to pre-emptively elevate the minions (before they even ended their careers - they still have time to win a WC or OG), they need to simultaneously admit LCW was twice the player Taufik was. Otherwise it's just hypocrisy.

Saru likes this.
  6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

There used to be CTC for that :D But even CTC is being selective now, I suppose it's because his ranking is high enough(?)

I don't even know what he was talking about. Even Morten himself whenever he commentate on minions' match all he could say is they have won so many titles, but still they haven't won the World Championship like a broken record.

Anyway, it would be stupid if one of them got injured in a tournament before WC and they miss their chance in WC again this year. Kevin looks fit enough and he doesn't seem to exert himself as much as Marcus during matches. He let go many shots while Marcus always dived in whether subconsciously or not to any shot he couldn't reach.

I wonder what kind of hall it will be in Basel this year, another slower hall?

7. minions

minions Regular Member

Well, CTC has never dominated the MS category from the beginning. I only use KM as an example for participating every tournaments possible because he dominates the MS category and I know why he refuses to skip tournaments.

I just hope that the venue isn't made into slower hall just to stop minions from winning more titles. :D

8. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

Hopefully that asian games title last year would gave them confidence for the world championship this year. as a pair, they're much more complete now compared to last year, so hopefully the hall condition wouldn't bother them too much.

9. minions

minions Regular Member

Yeah, but it should be noted that more pairs are already aware of minions' play style and more determined to beat minions. Also, in the big events, Li/Liu are the ones to watch out. Their mental toughness is really strong, especially in the big events.

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Haha yeah I know just saying how overly CTC had played in the tournaments last year. I guess they weren't expecting him to do as well as he did.

Well.. Momota has only dominated MS for less than a year, while minions have dominated MD longer than almost everyone ever expected. Most people probably only estimated they would have lost their dominance after a year or so. And after what we witnessed their form in TUC, WC this year, who would have thought they would come back at the top again.. Phew..

Asian Games was in Istora which isn't a slower hall. Marcus did so well in early stages. But I hope that AG win helped them with the confidence.
    I am most worried with Marcus actually, he has been the one who has been struggling in slower halls and more nervous one in pressure. However, it's going to be summer during WC, so the probability of him having another neck injury should be very very low.

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Li/Liu? I don't know about that. This time it won't be on their home ground. :D
    I'd say Liu/Zhang are the ones to watch out more in big events, but that depends on how LC do anyway so hard to say right now and they are kind of weak against their compatriots somehow :confused:.

12. minions

minions Regular Member

I don't want to speculate too much in this year's WC. Anything can happen. I hope everyone can stop jinxing minions. If minions can win WC, the thought of them not able to win major title will fade away for sure. I don't want to hear anything that suggest minions' fate will be like LYD.

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

No one is speculating, wishing them to win is not jinxing. Even if they don't, as long as they give their best I am fine with it or at least it is not for because of something like injury or being off form.

LYD? Well he has more WC and OG medals compared to minions right now, that's for sure. It's not about not winning the WC, for me it's more surprising about they had won 0 medals so far (not even a bronze..:eek:) in 2 WCs.
    But minions has won AG gold beating their compatriots in the final so their fate is already different from LYD. :)

14. minions

minions Regular Member

Well, TTY is even more surprising. She participates in more WCs than minions. But, she has zero WC medal until now.

With that said, I believe that minions' fate will get better over time.

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Thats why i think LCW is much better than Taufik. Why does he need OG / WC to validate his achievements im not sure (maybe in the past yes but these days badminton is such globalsport) but im sure he is much better than TH. at least the H2H says so.. Its just that its TH blessing to get OG.

Just like its blessing for JC to get AG..and JC is not even better than TH,imo

and in minions case, they already won AG which is more major than major. Their target should be OG, why care about WC which is held just like other tournaments every year. If win is Ok, not win they are still the best. Should just treat it like usual.

#2675 Yoji, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

'more major than major' - what? :D AG is not even close to the level of the WC.

17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

AG is much competitive than WC if you asked me, only 2 competitors per nation (in fact i will have preferred if its only 1 competitor per nation ratchet up the tension). Everyone trying their best every 4 years. Damn felt so good.

Just because one cant win it, one can say its not the level of the WC?

seriously, how can you think that way? Dont even talk about badminton...Representing your country in multi event is already whole different level, if you ask me. Otherwise why China always hold AG and OG.

AG so much bigger than badminton. and to win it is a dream. Thats why i dont really care if they win WC or not. I dont think they really care either, its their target but if they didnt win it , its okay. Olympics is the dream.

and if you were to think smally like from Major side only, at least minions have achieve more than LCW and LYD who is 2 highest SS winners :)

#2677 Yoji, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  18. Master

Master Regular Member

And the Minions skip Swiss Open as expected while the other INA MD pairs (Fajar/Rian and Hendra/Ahsan) are joining Swiss Open (2019 WC will use the same venue).

19. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

i would have thought minions would want to try the hall at the very least.... even if it's just one match or just practice....

20. minions

minions Regular Member

Well, minions can join the team to go to Swiss for testing the venue even if it is just for one day. But, I don't think it will happen. I think it will be enough for them to test the venue just a few days before WC.