Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I don't know what you were talking about. If you have been watching their matches for the past year, they have been playing tactical games in slower conditions against different opponents. They do change their game depending on how they do, if they lost G1 they usually try different tactic in G2 and so on. No way they can win with their fast badminton in slower conditions (they tried many times before and failed).
    Minions used to lose against BoeMo but now they no longer just a fast furious pair like 2 years ago.
    And yeah you're right, minions vs BoeMo are battle of wits, or Kevin vs Zhang Nan.
    Well, I said minions but I actually meant Kevin, I don't really believe Marcus has much wit in him but he has done well enough keeping up with Kevin. Kevin is not just playing fast, he is using his head and he is very shrewd. He is just lack of patience and discipline most of the time, sadly. Sigh.. much to my chagrin. Sometimes I feel like throwing my sandals at his head when he got carried away. Fortunately, my love for my laptop has kept me from doing so.

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It's been discussed in this thread before. I have said my thought on this too.

The first loss was mainly due to Kevin's playing badly (in the whole tournament) and Marcus serving horribly in the final game.
    As the second loss, well let's just say it was Han/Zhou's day not minions' day. Minions should be aware by now that Marcus is in disadvantage whenever they play Han/Zhou or He/Tan.

Let's hope for a good draw this time. Not all INA or all CHN in one half or something like that.

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah always disparage.. Want you to disparage LinDan and how easy was MS last time out. Faced an ageing TH,PG and only LCW to boot. If its 2 guys dominate then its also a weak era isnt it? and matches not even as attractive as MD. To be fair the gulf of 2 is even further than Minions with the rest. If you want to talk so much about badminton.

If Li/liu is not powerful why are they WR2. . The answer is because when they both meet, its all about the wits as much as mental game and they can be neutralised by Kevin. Otherwise without minions, i am sure they will be WR1.

Weak eras because by far they are is WR1..No one said TTY is in weak era the way she leads more than 25k points months ago. Weak era will mean nobody will watch MD anymore. and its not like that, I think commentator and fans looks forward MD the most. I think XD is the one in Super weak era now. why didnt you say so since you go to other post and bashing? that guy can go to Final without being challenged is phuii..

In life, there will always be haters :) even kind people have haters let alone someone as flamboyant as Kevin lol. Just have daily experiene working in office then you know..

#2743 Yoji, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'm not disparaging anyone. If that's what you think, you might want to work on your reading comprehension. I simply said that the current MD scene is a bit boring because the minions really have no consistent rival - due to the weak other top pairs.
    Again you attack a strawman, I never said their dominance was proof of a weak era - rather that it is a symptom. So TTY's and LD's success are indeed proof of their excellence.
    I will reiterate the argument I made in hopes that you'll manage to comprehend - I said the sign of this being a weak era are pairs that were irrelevant in and before 2016 suddenly enjoying success and staying near the top. Those were not young pairs improving suddenly either. Another sign would be the fact that BoMo are still somehow competing when they were already old in 2012...or Ahsan/Setiawan, who no longer have Ahsan's speed, and Setiawan appears to have slowed as well.
    Without realizing, you have underlined what I said - LiLiu being WR2 shows exactly how comparatively weak the current MD scene is, they wouldn't have managed Top5 before 2016.

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Many things can happen in a year, you can't surely expect things to be the same before and after 2016.

The problem with the pairs or players these days is their inconsistency rather than anything. As long as they stay consistent, any players (whether strong or weak or brilliant or mediocre) can stay in the top apparently.

And if you are at the top, everyone will scrutinize you in and out and find many ways to take you down. It has not been an easy time with the busy schedules of tournaments throughout the year coupled with local tournaments and team events. Great matches between fit great players no longer what we can expect from the high tier tournaments lately. Injured, fatigued, unfit and even bored players are more likely what we would get.

Hopefully things will get better this year, but with the number of injuries happened later last year and early this year. I can only pray for the best.

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

By the way, would there be any live streaming for Djarum Superliga next week?

I didn't know there would be Japanese teams playing there too. Unisys, Hitachi, Samurai Reptiles?

7. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

yes

yuquall likes this.
  8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

and how about region blocking?

9. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

we will have to see later about that

10. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

yes they are Nihon - Unisys, Samurai Reptiles

complete list of clubs participants in link below

https://www.djarumbadminton.com/superliga/info-kejuaraan/klub/#!/club

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

AE draw will be today

12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

yeah keep bashing.

If its boring then you wouldnt have come to this board and talk about him. No one comes to zheng siweis board ..why? because its boring..

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Oh come on. He's not bashing minions:rolleyes:

Well, why don't you go to ZSW thread and start talking about minions dominance or how minions got chosen as BWF Male Player of the Year instead of him to make things spicier there ? ;)

14. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

nahh coz no one cares until they have to write about him in his board.

unlike someone who have to write about Fhf achievements in this board. If love him so much then should write at his board.. easy :)

coming to peoples board saying AC < WC is already first disparagement. what a joke. some players cant even compete in AG while can compete in WC. joker man.

#2754 Yoji, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

In case you haven't noticed, this forum is open for everybody.o_O You even talk about minions in other players thread too.

And of course some players can't play in AG because they are not Asians? Well everyone can have their own opinions regarding this, it's probably just like most won't appreciate European (or any other region) titles. But for the players any title is an achievement no matter how small it is.

Anyway, most of minions fans still want minions to win WC gold no matter how some claimed WC is just another title or comes with no prize money. :cool: To make their mark in the badminton world, regarding how much money they are making or what ranking they are.

16. sen

sen Regular Member

Forum getting very boring. From so many years, whenever LCW vs other MS players achievements are discussed, it keeps going into endless circular debate.
    Then, the past 2 years until now, Kevin vs other MD players, same thing happens.

17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I guess people don't change.

If we talked about something else other than achievements or some sort, somebody might accuse any of us for being obsessed by a certain player and things get embarrassing.

18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Of course such a discussion/deappreciation is a compliment in itself that he is the best MD player of all times. Simply no pair has been as consistent as minions throughout my lifetimes. 7 titles in a year 8 titles in a year wtf.

19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

too bad astruprasmussen wouldnt have stop minions if they were to play in AG so its just excuse. Playing at home will be a better excuse if that is that. in any case, 4 years in one means its only behind OG as the most imptt title.

I think WC is simply another title. unless you have no titles then let you win WC is fine. just make you happy happy said is WC.

I hope they can win OlympicGames. Its better to capture 4 years in one title first.

20. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

In my opinion, OG > WC > AG > All England.