Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

For golds, I presume.

I wonder how people value any other medals, like is silver OG better or less than gold WC? Or no body really cares if it's not a gold.

2. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

When i look at the thread LCW has more. Simply he has more impact.

Like my partner, i prefer his game more than LD.

3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Never been to LCW's thread, but somehow I can imagine what's going on in there from what people wrote in LD's thread.

Kevin kind of reminds me of Lin Dan. He mentioned that he was a fan of LD too. Wouldn't mind at all if he even aims to be the LD of MD. Both are Yonex sponsored.

4. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I would say

OG > AG > AE (oldest tour) > WC (youngest yearly tour)

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Mate. You should check the 2011-2013 posts. It was insane, sometimes you'd get negative replies for posting you liked LCW on the LCW thread :D

That would be quite the achievement. Tbh I don't think it's quite possible in a literal sense - LD started winning majors at age 22, winning his first AE at 21 - on top of that, few MD pairs manage to be as consistent, seeing how there's 2 players who can injured/distracted/....and 2 OG, 5 WC and 6 AE titles are going to be very very hard to capture :D assuming Kevin won every WC and OG from now on, he'd take until 2025 (age 30) to pull even.
    Not being quite as literal, it would still be a steep hill to climb, seeing how you'd have to at least win 1 OG and multiple WCs to get close to that level of career achievements. To be the unquestioned GOAT like LD is almost impossible (people can't even agree now who that is currently, let alone by the time Kevin finishes his career...).
    To be fair, I think the scene used to be a bit thinner when LD started racking up titles, its probably harder to win major titles consistently these days, due to early rounds getting tougher and upsets happening a bit more often.

On the off chance you were memeing and want him to play like 4 years past being competitive, losing against irrelevant players outside the Top100 - I don't think his character lends itself to that. But I thought the same about LD, so who knows :D
    Disclaimer for the less cognitive members: the above paragraph isn't serious.

#2765 j4ckie, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Kevin doesnt have to be like LD though even if we count him individually rather than as pairing since LD is individual. Shouldnt be LD the one like Kevin.. dont think LD is as famous or rich as Kevin when he was 23. Will be interesting to count the open tours that they won. I think Kevin already won everything except OG.. Titles, money, fame, ford mustang, models date. 1WC suan shi ma.

Not everyone can have everything over other, just to have most things are already blessings.

2OG,6AE, 5 WC have to look at the singles scene. He was way dominant back then, there can almost be no upset. In singles, if you are damn good you are damn good. In Doubles, its tougher to maintain this teamwork over long period of time.. But we will see when Kevin retires.

#2766 Yoji, Feb 11, 2019
  7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Nah. I'll pass. :D Not much a fan of his, fortunately. I admire his hard work and all, but that's about it.

Didn't mean it as winning as much world's golds like LD. I don't think even FHF was even close being acknowledged as LD with his collections of medals.

I meant it to be more like an iconic character for quite a long time. And for LD to be like he is nowadays even heighten my admire and respect to him. It's easier to quit then just keep going when you have nothing left to prove. But he still tries to make it (whether it's a job or his personal desire) despite the humiliation and reception he receive from the "fans".

Doubles are not as much appreciated as Singles, that will never change. But who knows Kevin can change that in the future? :p With his attitude too especially which is rather one of a kind.

j4ckie likes this.
  8. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

9. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

what a draw hahaha

4 INA MD at the top half, Minions, Berry/Hardi, Fajar/Rian, Wahyu Ade
    1 INA MD Setiawan/Ahsan at the bottom half together with Han/Zhou, He/Tan, Li/Liu, LYD/KGJ

R1
    He/Tan vs Li/Liu
    Minions vs Liu/Zhang

Exciting ~

#2769 twawawau, Feb 11, 2019
  10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

This is my nightmare of R1. Minions vs Liu/Zhang??
    I hate the draw wizard program developer :(:(:(:(:(:( Can't they make a better program, seriously... Should have more seeds.

Only 1 INA MD in different half, Isn't it about the similar draw with Indonesia Masters or any other tournaments? Oh look, Wahyu/Ade aren't that far from minions either this time.

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Wow..

I dont know if that is tough luck for Minions or its tough luck for LiuZhang ? because they seems to always get difficult opponents. For minions i think they are used to this. Their AG draw is even worst than this, much worst imo. Actually its good draw, they avoided HanZhou, Fajri and AhsanHendra in QF. 25% of getting Astrup/R and they got it.

I think for sure is even if they beat Minions R1, its tough to be champion.

Come on WahyAde has to beat KimAstrup first it really doesnt matter. Its lucky that its not INA vs INA like XD. I think CHN will feel unlucky.. LiuZhang vs Minions and then HeTan vs LiLiu what is that (i remembered this fiasco scandal last year in ChinaOpen)

XD is really poor though.. 6 %#%^^ INA pairs is a testament of how weak the sector is.

#2771 Yoji, Feb 11, 2019
  12. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

oh yea any update on that? any warning issued by BWF?

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I think there is warning.. It will be interesting.

In another shocking news, Rikako Ikee has been diagnosed with Leukemia.

Sometimes win or loss doesnt matter, how can someone who gets 6 AsianGames gold get this disease ?and future (Japan) OlympicStar. Life can change in a second.

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Anyone can get sick at anytime, Gold medalists are no exception.

Better winning then losing.. especially if you have less time. Better memories, proud time etc. Money never matters in the end.

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Actually money matters in the end. No one plays for free or work in office for free. If you see your colleague earns more than you, anyone can get jealous. Even more, sportsman. Human nature.

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Maybe for you and some. Not everyone see the world in $$$ as value. As for me I am jealous of others who have stronger physical or able-bodied to do anything they enjoy (even play sports), not who earns more than me.
    Well I hope those who are sick could have a better life of their choice.

Back to topic,
    we will see how Liu/Zhang do in German Open. They have always managed to steal a game from minions in their last two encounters (in TC and in Fuzhou China Open). But in the end LC couldn't keep up with the pace of the game so minions turned the table on them and won the match.

Liu/Zhang lost in R1 last year, so point-wise it won't change a thing. I had hoped they could get further than R1, but not in the expense of minions losing in R1. :confused::confused: Gosh, I hate the draw.

Still wonder why minions won't play in Swiss Open afterward.

Yoji and twawawau like this.
  17. wade

wade Regular Member

I don't really know if I should be happy with the draw or not, liu/zhang are very unpredictable these days...I don't think liu cheng play that bad in fuzhou open, he's playing well actually in the first 2 game.

BTW for super 1000 event, live streaming from BWF would be available from the 1st round, right ? hopefully minions vs liu/zhang would be on court 1.

18. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

Can let me do a bit of imagination here:

Hopefully in German Open Liu/Zhang play their BEST all the way and become CHAMPION

Then when it comes to AE, Minions win R1

How does it sound? ;) Haha

Ok now which thread shall we discuss the Liu/Zhang or German Open stuff , LoL~

yuquall likes this.
  19. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

It just unpredictable see how minions lost to Han/Zhou twice ~ nightmare. Anything can happen ~ Can't just brush away Liu/Zhang chance of winning just like that. Minions have to fight too

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I think it was from 2nd, if I remember it correctly.. But one of the S1000 last year selected a few matches to be on livestream by BWF court 1 in the 2nd session.
    But usually they have another allengland channel who have the streams for most of the courts from Day 1.

I am not happy with the draw because I want both pairs to proceed further in AE but I guess it's one or another. LC was playing better after R2 , but he was much drained in R1 against Goh/Tan in Fuzhou.

When I said I wished for Kevin vs Zhang Nan, I didn't mean it in ROUND 1, for god's sake!!