Yonex Nanoflare 700

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 4, 2019.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    A 4U headlight is really borderline, but a 5U...who buy such things? Maybe the 5 people I know which bought the VTFB. :D

2. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

E78 would be my first bet, it has the best prices. Just call them for the price and see if they have stock, then go. The others mentioned in the other post are good alternatives

3. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

As with crapping on anything yonex makes before they even try it, team victor has come striking again. The online giving a positive review in general are biased fair enough, but at least they’ve swung the racket. Jesus lord, we don’t need to go back to 3-4 years ago where racket review wars were everywhere

A certain member better have a masters in material engineering or something if they start crapping on the materials of a racket.

4. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

To be fair, this racket uses an actual 'latest and greatest' carbon material. The Torayca M40X was only announced by Toray about three months ago.

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

And behold, the brave knight xiaoqiao in shining blue/green armour is on another mission on his high horse to defend the maidenhood of precious princess Yonex and to slay the dragons spitting reasonable concerns all over BadmintonCentral. That is so cute. But everyone else are the fanboys? Yeah, right. ;)

Jokes aside - so what do say to counter the valid remarks of those who stated that they are not that much into headlight 4U/5U rackets due to the unevitable lack of punch from the backline? Any other arguments besides swinging the fanboy bat? And regarding that video review - I just can't take a review seriously that's stating "excellent for clears" as a main feature in the summary. That's the same as if you end a test of the latest Porsche 911 with "really good at driving with 60 mph in a straight line!".

Master in material engineering? No. But a master in boring normal business engineering and more than 10 years experience in procurement of (amongst other stuff) carbon fibre based products an prepregs gives me a rough idea that this highly praised miracle carbon fibre might still not be able to change the laws of physics and to make a headlight 4U racket hit like a grown-up.

And maybe it came out wrong, but I think it's a good development that that Yonex says anything about the data of the actual carbon fibre that is used. Alike other big brands as Victor, Li-Ning and many others, they had been very restrictive when it comes to that, whereas other brands are a lot more open. Adidas for example even prints the used carbon composite data on each racket as part of their "s.m.a.r.t." carbon feature. Personally, I would love to see more data like this from other manufacturers as well.

#85 s_mair, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Yes, I've checked out the release notes. It definitely is a high quality material, there is no doubt about that. But still, it can't turn a headlight 4U into a back court smashing machine.

7. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

I should hope not. It doesn't have magical properties after all. :p

8. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    To be fair, i did not see any marketing information that mentions nanoflare as heavy artillery.

flare
    Dictionary result for flare
    /flɛː/
    noun
    1. 1.
      a sudden brief burst of bright flame or light.

Notice the name.. nano-flare. not nano-cannon.

Anyway NF700 is targeted to the ladies or even the social doubles player who needs a faster swing speed.

So they claim "The revolutionary new graphite material TORAYCAR M40X and SUPER HMG provide unrivalled power and stability for ......
    maximum shuttle acceleration."

but at least Yonex now have something to rival Victor Jetspeed/Auraspeed/Braveswords or Li-Ning Instinct range. We will have to wait and see for more models to appear in the lineup.

I wonder how many guys here can beat Intanon who will be using a lack of punch 4U nanoflare racket.

oh maybe .....none at all. Oops.

9. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    An astute and relevant point, well done.

Saru and zoltan like this.
  10. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

To be fair, I'd speculate racket only accounts for 3-5% of badminton so I think Intanon with a Squash racket will still beat most of the people here. :p

Saru and Tec07 like this.
  11. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

I for one might be buying this racket when it comes out. The frame looks attractively slim and everything indicates it's a very easy to use racket. Here's hoping the swing speed can match Bravesword frame. It's clearly not for heavy bomber but smashing power should be sufficient.

12. Junye

Junye Regular Member

in that case you need more poison.
    *Images credits to Badmintoncn*

150245fh4u8pb48wp4w8w2.jpg

150246w4cd1ajd644t1lti.jpg 150248aikvj3mrrmb0mrbb.jpg 150247b0azu7y3asnszswg.jpg 150248ic9kw0q9zk7u030v.jpg 213724ckv2dkxfvqr22qzd.jpeg

SSSSNT likes this.
  13. visor

visor Regular Member

Don't tell me you're the only one who believes Intanon is actually using the Nanoflare 700 just like she was using the Arc FB?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Saru, s_mair and ucantseeme like this.
  14. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Well I believe not everybody get repaints.

And I believe we can't beat her even if she is using a Arc FB. :D

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

#94 Junye, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  15. konstancij

konstancij Regular Member

16. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    We are not in the church. If I see Ratchanoks rackets at YGO, I will tell.

17. visor

visor Regular Member

ucantseeme likes this.
  18. SimonCarter

SimonCarter Regular Member

Meh tensile strength is more about traction than anything. I am not sure it plays a big role in itself about the flexibility.
    Modulus is also related to traction, the higher the more elastic (during traction) the material will be. Elastic meaning the material will come back to its original state after being pull on.
    Those are just mere memories of material resistance classes I got.
    I am not sure how all the traction factors are related to flexibility and resistance to clash exactly.

19. Gomit

Gomit Regular Member

This racquet is mainly for a front court player; Player with high skill of defense and control like hayakawa. You dont wanna smash this kind of player alot. Their counter attacks is superb and unpredictable

20. pughon

pughon Regular Member