Li Ning Rackets for 88S & 88D

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by throttlementok, Mar 3, 2019.

1. throttlementok

throttlementok Regular Member

Hi guys, I want to ask which Li Ning rackets that is similar to Yonex Astrox 88S 3U & 88D 4U. Two different rackets because I will buy two rackets for me and my brother. We play doubles and singles, but mostly doubles. We love to play fast, control the shuttle, and hit hard smashes.

I owned Yonex Astrox 99 4U , 88D 4U , 88S 3U, Duora 10 3U, Duora Z Strike 3U, and Arcsaber 11 3U. So you can also describe by comparing to these rackets.

I want to buy the new Li Ning line up rackets (3D Calibar , Turbocharging , Aeronaut).

https://web.opendrive.com/api/v1/download/file.json/OF8xNDUyOTE0MjZf?inline=0

This is the 2018/2019 catalog and I hope I can get insights and recommendation from you. Thanks

Shaft: Stiff - Extra Stiff
    Weight: 4U for Head Heavy , 3U for Even Balance

#1 throttlementok, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  2. laistrogian

laistrogian Regular Member

Student
    The N9 and the N7 are the double rackets for lining. But then again they are flexier than 88D.

throttlementok likes this.
  3. throttlementok

I have read from another thread that N9 and N7 are relaunched as Turbocharging 75. Is it true? And in what variant drive, combat, or boost? Thanks before.

4. tyler_durden

tyler_durden Regular Member

air humidifier
    That's correct but the N7II is now called TurboCharging 70
    You might look rather for the Calibar 900B which is 3U and Calibar 900 which is 4U.

5. throttlementok

If I’m not mistaken, the 3D Calibar 900B used to be the n90iv. The balance point of 900 is higher that the 900B that makes the 900 head heavy, fast, and easy to control because it is in 4U.

Looks like there is a conclusion, 3D Calibar 900 is the most similar to the Astrox 88D 4U, isn’t it?

How about the Aeronaut 8000D?

6. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Calibars and Turbo both have aero frame shapes so they will not feel like the 88S or D when hitting. You'll need to find something from aeronaut.

7. throttlementok

Wow I’d just realized ...

So, the Aeronaut will be the most similar to the Astrox in terms of feel? What do you think about Aeronaut 8000D?

How does the 3D Calibar 900 feel like by comparing to Yonex rackets line up?

I’m curious

8. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

i always wondered why the N9 and N7 were medium flex. i bet my smashes would be lethal with them lol

9. Michel Aupin

Michel Aupin Regular Member

The aeronaut 9000 are coming soon. I am currently testing the aeronaut 7000B; 3u but feels like a 4u. Pretty fast. I need more time with it but so far, it has an interesting feeling.

10. llrr

llrr Regular Member

I have the 900C and even though it's supposed to be the head heaviest and stiffest in LN's lineup it still feels soft. That's the overall feeling I get with all LN racquets actually, just soft, but easy to use though so good for intermediate players.

11. throttlementok

I’ve already bought the 3D Calibar 900C, Turbocharging 75C, and Aeronaut 7000B. And yes, all of them are really easy to use and the 7000B really light for a 3U racket :D

12. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

Does the 7000b feels quicker & lighter than the n9ii?

13. throttlementok

I owned the Turbocharging 75C which is the Combat version of the n9ii. Yes, it feels much quicker and lighter.

14. Obito

Obito Regular Member

I just bought the 8000D. My main racket is 88s 4u . I was looking for something with more power from the back court in case I have to smash because my smash with 88s lacks of power from the backcourt. I've tried the 88d 4u. I like it too, but I was like you I wanna try something new, so I got the 8000D. It is heavier than the 88d and 88s obviously because it is 3u. I would say it feel like holding the 99 4u. However, maneuverability is good. It is a bit slower than the 88s, but it provides a lot more punch and smash power with the 8000D. That is no problem from front and middle court play to report. Probably the airstream system helps a lot. This one is a head heavy racket with enough speed unlike Zspeed or ZforceII. It may consume more energy to play with, but the result is worth it.

15. vergarm

vergarm Regular Member

I'm also interested in 3D Calibar 900C and Aeronaut 7000B, Which one is head heavier between the 2 rackets? Which one is easier to swing? I'm looking for racket which can help me with smash from the back court but I'm not a strong player.

16. throttlementok

900C is head heavier and 7000B is easier to swing. Actually 7000B is the most easy racket to play with, simply that easy for me. What racket are you using right now?

If you’re looking for Lining, you should take a look at n90iv/900B , n9ii/TC75 , and 7000B. Yonex also has the Astrox 77 4U and Arcsaber 11. Seems like these rackets meet your preferences.

17. vergarm

vergarm Regular Member

I have turbocharging 70 white/gold. Everything is good especially from front court but It doesn't give me good power from back court. Someone suggest 3D calibar 900 instinct which is a lighter version of 3D calibar but I also want to get feedback from players who used Aeronaut 7000B. I think what I'm looking for is something slightly head heavy that can still give decent smash and still fast enough for drives/defense.

18. throttlementok

Have you tried the Turbocharging 75? Everybody said that it is more powerful than the TC70. If you only want more power from TC70, you can just explore the TC version so you only have to make a little adjustment with the racket. 7000B is surprisingly fast, easy, and powerful.

IMO 900 instinct will be too flex if you enjoyed the TC70. 7000B or TC75 might be the good options.

vergarm likes this.
  19. throttlementok

I agree with you that the airstream system actually works and gives an unique feel. Looking forward to buy the Aeronaut 9000 line up, maybe the 9000C that Zheng Siwei uses right now.

20. vergarm

vergarm Regular Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look at 7000B or TC75.