Mizuno Badminton 2017

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pizzaboi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Peng88s

Peng88s Regular Member

I wonder how JPX CX vs AX88D 4u.
    I love the feel of AX88D 4u but i cant handle the stiffness.
    I wonder if JPX CX is a good alternative to AX88D.

skf17 likes this.
  2. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Hands on a AX88D 4u before. I think AX88D is much easier to handle. My JPX CX bp is around 295mm and can feel the head of AX88D is much faster than JPX CX while still able to generate decent power. Overall i feel AX88D is much more responsive and playable for me than AX88D.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

zoltan likes this.
  3. justplaynow77

justplaynow77 Regular Member

The stiffness of JPX CX is definitely bearable. I dont own AX88D but if its stiffness is the same as other Yonex stiff racket then JPX CX is much flex than that. However, as @-Silver- already said.. JPX CX is average on net plays and on drives. Technix 1.2 might be a better option if you are looking for faster racket while maintaining the power.

Btw my JPX CX BP is 300 mm and my Technix 1.2 is 295 mm (with string and replacement grip, original grip taken off - this number might be different for you if your grip is thicker than mine)

zoltan likes this.
  4. Peng88s

Peng88s Regular Member

Thanks for your feedback!! Really appreciate it. Have you tried JPX Z8-CX too?

5. Peng88s

Peng88s Regular Member

Thanks for your feedback !! We met again here after Victor p8510 thread. Hehe..
    Have you tried jpx z8-cx too?
    Jpx ltd looks very tempting but the spec is not my cup of tea..

6. justplaynow77

LOL that's right I remember that thread :)

To be honest I was looking into the JPX line initially because I needed more power, and from their own marketing literature it seems that the JPX Z8-CX is targetted more toward people looking for speed and control (its frame design is different than JPX CX-Ed) So, no I havent tried it and went with the JPX CX-Ed instead.

JPX-CX is pretty much the medium flex, lighter version of JPX LTD and also does best as a bombing racket. It is still quite acceptable on fast defense and drive due to it is a 4U racket with sword frame on half of it but maybe its head heaviness gives it somewhat sluggish feel around the net and somewhat less responsive for defense and drive.

I cannot recommend this racket fully the way I did those shoes. LOL (well, to be fair, it is easier to recommend shoes if they are really cushy, stable, and protective, rather than a more subjective topic as racket's feel).

Peng88s likes this.
  7. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Nope, was hoping someone to give a review on z8-cx as well

8. Peng88s

Peng88s Regular Member

Thanks guys for your feedback !
    Cosmetic wise, i prefer JPX CX.
    Will see others opinions before deciding to buy or not. Or else I will stick with AX66.

9. badmintonkid94

badmintonkid94 New Member

Hi,

Anyone tried to play or owns a Zephyr ZL racket? Planning to buy soon.

Thanks

10. sy0182003

sy0182003 Regular Member

Customer Service
    I bought mine from Indonesia as well and it doesn’t have the S logo either. So checked with Mizuno Badminton Asia, and they said it’s original but said they can arrange to replace my ATJ with the one that has the S logo.

Attached Files:

11. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

I had the chance to play again with the jpx ltd ES strung with Aerosonic at 26 after sometime of not using it due to not being able to go to a good stringer and I have to say that this racket was such a joy to use. Despite it's Extra Stiff and claimed dry weight BP of 300, I have to say that it was to me just a tad slow compared to 88S 3U but packs a lot of solid punch in the smash department. Control was delightful as well, at least in my experience, although you really have to make some adjustments when coming from a medium flex racket as far as I can tell. The key I believe in getting a good experience with this racket is the string. I just can't tell if this could be string choosy just like some rackets, but the last time i had this with a BG80P at 26, I didn't enjoy using it. Now I feel lie my 88S 3U is lightweighto_O

12. sunscreen

sunscreen Regular Member

Just want to gush here cos Ahsan and Setiawan were so inspiring and AWESOME in the AE. I’m going to buy the mizuno racquets and gear they use just because they use it.

13. justplaynow77

One thing I noticed about Mizuno rackets is that they are so enjoyable for killing smashes and both Ahsan and Setiawan seemed to enjoy doing so, don't you think? :p
    I just wished they could wear a different pair of shoes though.. Mizuno shoes are too hard and not as supportive as Victor's.

Anyway, good week for Mizuno :)

14. badmintony

Pros like ahsan/ hendra can do that with practically any racket you give them. I don't know about the shoes tho

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

15. sunscreen

sunscreen Regular Member

True dat .... years ago I bought the NR900 (?) because it had Ahsan in the promo pic (been this duo’s fan for years!!!). It was such a beautiful effortless racquet in his hand but in mine ...... *sigh*

16. badmintony

Lol. Sorry to hear that. Maybe I can say that I'm still lucky enough so far to be enjoying still some of my rackets that I bought bec some fav players have used (or disguised as such)/endorsed them or have been reviewed nicely.

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

17. badmintony

Another 3 games with the JPX LTD ES and hot damn, why do I feel like it's getting better. It's so user friendly and I'm truly enjoying it. No arms fatigue whatsoever. I feel like I'm wanting to leave the other rackets now:rolleyes:

18. xksua

xksua Regular Member

Student
    anyone with the JPX CX edition feels like the handle is abit thicker than the older mizuno lines??

just noticed ytd that mine "feels" abit thicker than my JPX 8.5... i wrote "feels" because i did not do any physical measurements

#1818 xksua, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  19. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    It is definitely thicker. I have seen the carbon handle on the wood itself, by visual inspection it is like G4 grip size.

20. Lawe

Lawe New Member

I think there are 2 size, 4UG5 and 4UG6, which version you buy?