Stringing Machine Advice Needed!!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Lawrencesmith1993, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Lawrencesmith1993

Lawrencesmith1993 New Member

Hi All,

I currently have a stringing machine which I use regularly. It is a Pro's Pro XP Plus. Cost around £450 new and is a crank machine. I string all the time, several rackets a week for local clubs and personal use.

I would like to upgrade to an electronic machine which will be more efficient and nicer to use. (Better string clamps, better racket clamps, generally all round better quality and a nicer feel).

I have been told that the Alpha Ghost 2 would be an ideal choice of machine. However they are based in the USA and the shipping costs are $500! (I am based in the UK).

I am looking for recommendations for other brands and models of machine which you recommend as fitting the above description. My price range is around £2000/£3000.

Really appreciate any help and thanks in advance.

2. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    Victor VE-50 Pro or Li-ning E3000

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

3. LoaS

LoaS Regular Member

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Speaking of which...

With that budget, make sure to check out this beast:

https://www.tennisman.de/Weiteres/B...esaitungsmaschine-TennisMan-Diamond-BT-M.html

That should play in the same league as the Alpha Ghost (drool...) with an even lower price tag. I'm currently testing the tabletop version of the StringMaster and so far, it seems to be close to prefect. And the clamp bases are just fantastic.

5. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Quite an interesting step you want to take here. I think Alpha Ghost 2 is the best machine you can buy if you want/need a economic proffesional machine. But if you absolutely do not must have those computerized systems and auto-table brakes that separates a proffesional machine like the Ghost from a high-end mid machine there is money you can save. Because there are many high-end quality machines with good semi auto swivelclamps and good stringclamps that makes the same job as an expensive computerized machine, which is still a huge improvement from your Pro’s pro XP Plus.

A while ago I was going to upgrade my machine to a Yonex because I string a lot, am a nerd and have the money to buy one if I want...and I got the opportunity to try one ES5 PRO and it was very nice and feelt very robust, but not mindblowing different that will take my stringing to another stage from my SuperStringer T50 with a WISE. After the session I feelt: Nope not necessary! How do you think about this?

My first machine was a Premium Stringer 8700 (similar to yours) then a WISE added and that was an awesome step, totally changed my stringing process to electric which is so much more satisfying, but after a year I wanted better mechanics from the turntable with other swivelclamps and better stringclamps that could take higher tensions safer.
    And I got in to SuperStringer machines which had everything I was looking for...big and roomy turntable with semi-auto swivels and diamondcoated clamps, and I already had the WISE so that was just to install and finally made my needs confirmed. That kind of a machine costs like £1200

Whit that said, if you recognize yourself from my perspective and needs from a machine, I would recommend:

StringMaster Delux with WISE
    https://www.tennisman.de/en/Other/S...ingMaster-Deluxe-Electronic-oxid-2.html?cur=1

SuperStringer T70 with WISE
    https://www.tennisman.de/en/Other/S...70-electronic-Black-edition-oxid-1.html?cur=1

If you can find a
    Gamma 6004 with WISE

You should not undermine the versatility of a WISE. If you want to renew a machine, you can always do it regardless of whether it’s a crank or drop weight, and WISE good second-hand value.

Tennisman also have good versions with floorstands. I think Tennisman is the best option for us europeans to buy an high quality amateur stringing machine from.

thyrif and s_mair like this.
  6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i have a WISE. honestly, i hate it. it has a clumsy UI and it is noisy and slow. but for that price, I don't see many/any other alternatives.

7. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Oops! Maybe just me thats still not complains on it! :D:D

But yes! Wise need some competition...there is room for some improvements.

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    don't worry about me. I am getting older and more impatient. :D

Super85 likes this.
  9. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Anybody know what happend to the Acurit?

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    all i was told is that it was stopped because the project didn't go so well. the designer is still around.

Super85 likes this.
  11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That's bascially what it comes down to in the end. I do like my setup with the WISE too, but mainly because it currently is the only option to get a linear pulling electronic motor as plug-and-play for a realistic price. The rotational pull motor on some Superstringer machines that I've tested a while ago would be a serious alternative and even cheaper than an a WISE, mind you. But sadly, it's not available separately yet:

Anyway, if I got a budget like OP to play with, I would also be looking for an integrated machine and not a WISE based setup.

Super85 likes this.
  12. konstancij

konstancij Regular Member

Actually, the very similar round pulling head is available separately from pros pro site.

LoaS, Super85 and s_mair like this.
  13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i actually think the rotation head is a great idea. less moving parts, more compact. the only thing i cannot figure out is where do they put the strain gauge to sense the tension.

15. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

I tried to look up some information without much luck, but going from memory, wasn't there a phrase of new machines that wanted to challenge Wise? There was that korean one and i'm pretty sure the Pro's Pro one is OEM'ed from China. It had the same exact button shape and layout.

Edit: FOUND IT!!

nek4d and s_mair like this.
  16. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Someting new I found, new brand to me called REDSON? Manufactures everything in badminton such as rackets, strings, shuttles, clothes and has an interesting stringing machine called Master 5 with toyo zuoki style clamps and pneumatic lift system floorstand and etc. Seems to be pretty new because they looking for agents. Have a look on their product catalog.

https://issuu.com/redsonsports/docs/redson_2018_badminton_catalog

s_mair likes this.
  17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    bummer that they mute and then voiced over the machine. otherwise, long time WISE users will be able to tell if it is WISE from the sound alone. :D

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    great find! great looking catalog too. very professionally done. the machine do have a lot of Toyo designs in it. I wonder if it is OEM and what'd be the status now that Yonex acquired Toyo.

19. Tennisman

Tennisman Regular Member

Tinga is the same stringing machine than siboasi (and DK Sportbot) and belongs to the same company.
    This are the lowest quality and lowest price machines on the market. They sell the machines also to pro´s pro. Maybe the copied motors work, but the rest of the machines are really not good. Clamps, Racket holders, string gripper and so on. We had a test machine which we sold to a customer an had to change the motor 3 or 4 times. They was broken very fast and then we took the machine back and sent the customer a machine from an other factory. The same problem was wth ball machines, we had 3 ball machines and must return all of the machines and sent the customers machines from other factories. sweared to my self never buy there a machine anymore.The marketing is better then eagnas lilly lee which has also not good quality. But even lilly lee which is not famous for their quality is better then this factory. I don´t know a factory with lower qualty. So one of the brand you discussing about buys the machine from there with low prices and lowest quality.

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    I cannot imagine quality worse than Eagnas! :D :p