Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. mallulover

mallulover Regular Member

It looks like you have owned BS12. How does N7II compare with BS12? In terms of HH and stiffness.

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I haven't owned a BS12 but tried it several times. Speaking of the BS12 in 3U, the balance is about the same with the N7II being a bit stiffer.

3. Tec07

Tec07 Regular Member

Broke my n9ii in a clash last week, was offered an arcsaber 11 by a mate so thought id give that a go as they are supposed to play similar, compmetely different feel.. cant feel the head on the arc 11 like i can with the n9ii just couldnt get on with it at all atleast in the couple hours i used it for.

4. Micael

Micael Regular Member

Quick questions for you proud owners/lovers of the N9II!

Has anyone tried the Auraspeed 90S and how does the flex compare vs the N9II. I’m interested in grabbing myself a N9II but the 90s is more flexible than my S10 and 88S and I would say close to the limit of my enjoyment. If it’s flexier I will probably stay away.

Also, the grip size of the N9II is it closer to a Yonex G4 or G5? Because I much prefer a G5 so curious to know the difference!

Anyways hope someone will be able to answer! Thanks!

5. Genkz

Genkz Regular Member

Hi Michael,

Can't say anything regarding the comparison of Victor rackets, but grip size is definetly closer to g5, it's really thin. Keep in mind that is although a tad shorter than a usual Yonex handle. That's what made it a bit uncomfortable for me, even so I am no "high gripper", it was still bothering me.

#1265 Genkz, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  6. Tec07

Tec07 Regular Member

My li ning grips have all been s2 which feels very close to if not the same as g5, definetly thinner than yonex g4 though as i also find those too thick for me

7. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Yeah, I would say it's close to G5, but not quite there. Maybe a G4.5.
    For example, I wrap a overgrip over original grip with 40-50% overlap on a Yonex or Victor G5, but will my N9II S2, I only overlap the bare minimum.

8. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

You just need to remove the grip which is quite thick but very easy to remove and put 1 overgrip if you want a G5 handle.

9. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Those of you who have used both n9ii and 3U ax88s - which one feels heaviest to swing?
    Would you say they are equally manouverable when doing drives and lifts?
    Stiffness-wise, is the 88s closer to n7ii?

10. nummertwente

nummertwente Regular Member

I've never used the n7ii, but the 88s is definitely stiffer than the n9ii. The n9ii has a lighter, more aerodynamic head so it feels quicker on drives and lifts than the 3u 88s. But the 88s is better on net kills and tap shots IMO because of the stiffer shaft and it feels sharper in general.

Overall, I'd say the the 3u 88s is heavier to swing, but the difference in stiffness can make up for it depending on your preference. If you're accustomed to stiffer rackets, the n9ii will feel a bit more laggy. For me, it's most noticeable when smashing or clearing with any power.

Swat likes this.
  11. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Very helpful, thanks!

12. nopokecheck3

nopokecheck3 Regular Member

Stiffness wise JS10>Ax88s>Ars90s>N9ii
    Li ning S2 grip size is between a yonex G5 and G4. S1 feels more like a G4.
    Source: I own all 4.

13. nopokecheck3

nopokecheck3 Regular Member

Swing speed: 4U 88s>N9ii>3U Ax88s
    Drives/lifts: same as above. Although I prefer 88s as I do feel the N9ii lag behind (more flexible shaft, personal preference really)
    Stiffness: 88s>n7ii>n9ii

Swat likes this.
  14. Calum Payne

Calum Payne New Member

Wow. I've spent the past few days reading this entire thread from the beginning, all 64 pages and have just arrived at the final post!
    I've read alI the way from Konq getting his first n9ii to his third one getting broken. I've gone from the racket being released to its re-release under a new name. I've read about how pleased most have been with the racquet and how a small few haven't got on with it.
    I don't really have any questions about the racquet but really just wanna become part of the discussions as the time has come for me to order mine.
    I've been using the zf2 3u as a primarily front court doubles player for years and think its time I found something a bit more suited to my role.
    Thanks for the read guys, its been a hell of a roller coaster.

sp00k, Saru and s_mair like this.
  15. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

ZF2 3U for a front court player? :| If you use Gabby Adcock as your inspiration, then she went to a 88S after. If front court is your main position, then maybe consider the N7II instead. For me, the N9II complemented my main weakness, which is power from the back, whilst still being usable at the front.

Saru and visor like this.
  16. Restia

Restia New Member

I read most of this thread since the N9ii caught my interest, and am currently deciding to get either the N9ii or the AX88D. As i mostly play from the back court in doubles and the occasional singles, I find my ArcSaber 10 lacking in the Smash department especially when im trying to smash from the backcourt. Any advice on which is more suitable? And if its the N9ii, is there any where I can get it for a good price in Singapore? Thanks.

P.S Just to confirm, The N9ii is exactly the same as TurboCharging 75 right?

17. Calum Payne

Calum Payne New Member

Yeah I know, not a conventional net play racquet but I just bought it from a friend as my first high end racquet.
    I've considered both the N7ii and N9ii and think that the N7ii might be too much of a jump from the zf2. I've never really struggled with the speed of the Zf2 and the net, the biggest prompt to change is the amount of miss-hits I'm getting and the poor propulsion I get when I hit a dhot off center. From what I've read, the N9ii is a lot more forgiving with it's regular head shape and bigger sweet spot. The head weight being closer to even will also help with front net play that I enjoy so much.

18. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Plus the head is more aero than boxy so will feel even lighter when swinging and naturally be quicker.
    I have choices in my bag between voltric 80 etune, n9ii and apacs lethal 10. The apacs is aero and head light and another level of quick over the n9ii. The n9ii sits in the middle and does everything so well for me, it tends to be my first choice except when I know I will be playing all out fast and front court. The 80 is reserved for warm ups now :D just too slow and rarely worth trying to lug it around for the occasional thunder smash.

I do wonder how the n7ii compares to the apacs though :oops: except one is £30 and the other is more than 3x that.

19. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

If you're using a ZF2 3U, almost everything else is going to be a step down. N7II is more even weighted than N9II. There's not a massive difference between the two, so it's not going to make or break your game.

20. Calum Payne

Calum Payne New Member

Yeah makes total sense. I'm not entirely sure between the n7ii and the n9ii tbh but after a dry swing of the n9ii in the shop I thought it felt nice. Also, I had a dry swing of the JS10 and really didn't like it. I think it might be the stiffness if the shaft that put me off.
    I'm also curious, has anyone got a membership for badmintonracketreview? I have a 6 month membership to see the difference between rackets and they have big differences between manufacturer specs and the actual specs.