How much will aerus 3 shoes improve my game???

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Sports10, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

Hi compare this to normal nike trainers a im getting aerus 3s and am curious of how much of an improvment it will make

2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Not necessarily the Aerus 3, but badminton-specific shoes are a must if you want to take it even half-seriously.

3. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

I said aerus 3 as i want to buy the best of the best!!!! also wondering what makes the hoes more important than the racket
    how will it significantly improve my game???

4. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Best is subjective, although marketing departments want to make you think otherwise. I for one, don't like the Aerus 3 (with the rest of the line) because they make my feet hurt. What's the point of having the (statistically) best shoe if it doesn't work for you? You have to try different shoes to find what works for you. Same with rackets. Shoes are probably more important because if you don't have proper footwear and are slipping, sliding and stumbling all over the court (exaggerated), you won't even need a racket if you can't get to the shuttle in time. But the racket is important, too. Another question for you: What would you choose? A good stringjob or a good racket? If you can only choose one.

LENITH, Sports10 and konww002 like this.
  5. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

Not sure which model of Nike trainer you got. But if the trainer get a positive feedback in the following areas then you can stick to it :
    1. Out sole : good grip to prevent from skating over the floor (it both improves you games and protect you from various kinds of injuries) and it should be non-marking to keep the floor clean.
    2. Mid-sole (or w/out-sole together) : not stiff and not too soft. A just-make sole will protect you and leads you a faster footwork. But objective individual differences (your own body weight, foot type, etc.) may affect your preference toward a particular sole architecture.
    3. Shoe bridge /shank : a good bridge can lead you a smooth and efficient transition between landing on your heel and propel with your forefoot. I discarded Adidas Wucht P8 shoes since it slows down my lunge due to its stiff shank.
    4. Upper : A good upper will lock/wrap your forefoot, midfoot and ankle securely and speed up your footwork in turn. Once I stepped on the outer edge of a Hi-tec badminton shoes after lunge cos the whole forefoot of the shoe was twisted. So It could be dangerous if the forefoot is too roomy and soft.
    5. In sole : the need to replace the stock insole with a specific one heavily depends on your own particulars stated in Point 2. I think it's a stage of fine-tuning when you got a right shoes.

I finally got a right combo of shoes and insoles. It's a long period of trial and error. If you're feeling perfect with your shoes you can stay with it. If you could describe more of your shoes regarding the above areas and the ways you wanna improve your games, brothers and sisters here could give you a more concrete answers.

Sports10 likes this.
  6. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

It won't improve your game directly that's granted but it will help you progress faster and in the right direction since a proper badminton shoe is designed (more or less) to handle fast and powerful changes of direction, adequate grip to the court, etc. I do footwork drills in the garden with some trainers and the feel is different, I don't push myself the same way I do on court with proper badminton shoes.

Sports10 likes this.
  7. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

id chooe the racket over a string job a i cant deal with a 110g racket forget about 150

8. skeksis

skeksis Regular Member

In short form: A decent badminton shoe is a must have. Get the one that fits you most. Do yourself a favor and don't give a f***k about marketing bulls***t. If it "clicks" it "clicks".

But the benefit from one specific shoe over another (if both will fit you well and match your preferences): Absolutely zero.

Invest your money in proper training. And a midrange racket with a good string job.

1. Ignore the marketing blabla.
    2. Get a decent badminton shoe which fits.
    3. Get a proper racket with a good string job.
    4. Get on the court and have fun.
    5. Get proper training.
    6. Do footwork drills.
    7. Don't overthink it. It's all about having fun. Badminton is not rocket science.

#8 skeksis, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    Sports10 likes this.
  9. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

Also - just some infomaton (nnot relavant) Chen Long is born in 1989 so after 2024 olympics he should probably retire - unless he somehow maintains his fitness but i doubt 2028 olympics for the fella - he would almost be 40 lol the peak of his career for hm would probably be 2016