Yonex Nanoflare 700

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Yes they do. But it's also a change that will adversely affect my technique and in potentially harmful ways. I'm used to thinner grips as well and the finer control offered especially with producing a wide range of shots where finger power really comes into play.

Making a bigger grip IME just reduces one to using panhandle grip which I don't find as flexible for myself.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

2. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

Yes really know what you mean, but still I would try to experiment may be in two/three places. or then only wait for the nanoflare 800/900...

3. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Uhm, how about just using another racket that's more to your specs than having to suffer trying to modify something that seems to not work for you?

Sorry, but I can't think of myself going for any nano racket, unless it has my desirable oomph for a racket which I always find in head heavy ones

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

4. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I am waiting. I can see the potential of this new frame.
    Well I'm not modifying **** lol. I just want them to make a proper one. Plus I'm at a stage where I'm not chasing rackets that help me perform better. I just want them to work at a level I know they're capable of in my puny hands.

5. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    So! Might sound crazy, but I compared the NF700 directly against the N90. Weirdly similar in other ways, worlds apart in others.

Access to power - they both have incredible power generation. This means that clears, lifts, drives, and pushes, are all incredibly easy. It's hard to clear short with this racket with any semblance of technique, and that's very reminiscent of the N90. Anyone that's used one will know that the N90 just feels like it knows what it's doing in the air, making clears require no effort whatsoever. Same goes for lifts.

Smashing power - the N90 is the winner. Are we really surprised? It's not to say that the NF700 is a slouch, the N90 is just a beast.

Feeling wise - incredibly close. Comparing ABBT on the NF700 to 80/1 on the N90, the feel was within the same realms. Very easy to control the shuttle. The feeling was far, far better with ABBT than standard AB, so a bit of credit to that, but I think the comparison with 80/1 is fair. Net shots were easy, cross courts were easy, clears (both fore and backhand) felt meaty.

Control wise - hmm. This is tough. I think the NF700 wins just because it's easy to move. Both are in the same league, but one is easier to swing than the other.

Deception - perhaps the N90. The N90 has so much meat, that as long as the shuttle is in front of the string bed, you can choose what you do. It's so easy to do a push with the N90 with a tiny movement. You need a bigger movement with the NF700, I feel.

Speed - like smashing power, it's obvious. The NF700 is much, much faster.

Power (Clears/lift)..| N90 = NF700 > AX77 > N50-III > N7-II
    Power (Smash)......| N90 > AX77 > NF700 >= N7-II > N50-III
    Feel........................| N90 >= NF700 > AX77 > N50-III > N7-II
    Control....................| NF700 >= N90 > N7-II > AX77 >= N50-III
    Deception (s)..........| N90 > AX 77 >= N50-III = NF700 >= N7-II
    Deception (d)..........| NF700 > N7-II > N50-III > AX77 > N90
    Speed.....................| NF700 > N7-II > AX77 > N50-III > N90

DVSC likes this.
  6. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Oh come on Charlie, really? Same Clear/Lift power as the N90? Feeling is close? You can't be for real!

The comparison of a head-heavy 3U with an even balance 4U is unfair to begin with, and now you're telling me the NF700 is almost the same?

If that would be true, I'd buy 3 pcs instantly.

Saru, ucantseeme and visor like this.
  7. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    It's lighter, but honestly, the hitting feeling is quite similar. The new materials are clearly really solid. I was already impressed by how good the AX77 felt, and they've iterated again. Perhaps ABBT is just *that* solid with its thicker vectran mains. That's difficult for me to say. I haven't used Aerobite on an N90, and I haven't used No.1, No.5, BG 80, or 80/1 on the NF700.

Lifts and clears really are easy with this thing, but I definitely noticed it lacked the oomph in smashes that the N90 had. I definitely had to work rallies a bit more, with fewer outright winners. But y'know, the smashes were pretty damn accurate.

I even made sure the N90 and NF700 were gripped the same - with an RKEP G09 on electrical tape - to try and keep this fair.

8. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I will test my buddy's NF700, but shame on you for getting my hopes up if this is not true.

s_mair and ucantseeme like this.
  9. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Hey that's awesome if you can try one out. What more can I say? I was a touch so-so about the feel of it with the shop strung Aerobite. It felt good but not wow good. Aerobite can be a bit rubbery and so-so feel-wise, but I never considered it *that* bad.

Don't get me wrong, this is a pretty good racket, but lacking that bite in smash can be a pain. It's not so different that it feels incredible when you pick it up - it's not like hitting with a ZF2 for the first time. It's more like an old, familiar friend. Something you know, but also feeling like its grown somehow.

justplaynow77 likes this.
  10. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

I'm mostly at Charlie SWUK there. I wanted something lighter and faster than the Astrox77 and got it with the Nanoflare700. To my surprise, I have a better feeling with this racket. The shaft and head is really solid and feels relatively stiff for "medium stiff". Could also explain why the racket can also be used in singles (for women).

Overall feeling: NF700 > AX77 > NR750 (all 4u)

The Smash is slightly better with the AX77, in all other points I see the NF700 in front.

11. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I ordered an AX FB. Can't wait to compare it with my 3U AT700.

12. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Specs wise looks lightweight. I think AX2 and AX6 have meatier specs in this budget range.

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

13. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    For posterity's sake..

N90 (1 - 80/1, RKEP G09) - 304mm
    N90 (2 - LN5, Towel grip) - 299mm
    NF700 (ABBT, G09) - 302mm

14. movingbase

movingbase Regular Member

Charlie, thanks for your reviews about NF700, I've decided to get one - cheers :)

15. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    I hope you enjoy it, I think it's a pretty decent racket. Like I said, nothing that made me go 'whoa', but everything felt good overall. I had very little adjustment time. Just, pick up and go.

offbad likes this.
  16. xksua

xksua Regular Member

Student
    Was about to pluge into the NF700 but heard word from other users about the lack of oomph/power in smash.. and also difficulty in clearing in times of panic....anybody users have experienced this??

General consensus was that the racket was bloody quick and needed time to adjust to the fast swing speed

17. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Didn't have any power issues with clears, even out of place. If anything I had an easier time with RTH clears.

18. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Agree with Charlie. If you're having poor power with panic clears then IMO the odds are because the user is panicking, their technique went to ****.

19. onlinekute17

onlinekute17 Regular Member

Just took my new NF700 for a spin today and I completely agree with Charlie. This bad boy is rock solid, definitely at least on par with my Arc11. Power generation is also excellent, although I can't really compare with a N90, never tried it before. Being a NF frame it's also very fast.
    I'm eBaying it though. Can't get around the flexy shaft

20. onlinekute17

onlinekute17 Regular Member

I didnt find it lacking when it comes to smashing. But then I'm not the smashy kind of guy, so it maybe that I'm just weak :(. Definitely agree with the swing speed though. It's a faster frame than what I'm used to, and there's also the mid-flex shaft
    Power of panic clear is not a problem though. The only problem I could see is that the timing make you miss the shuttle completely, which I did :p.