How to become county player in uk

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Sports10, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

There is alot of misunderstandings here lol let me clear them up for u
    what happens if i dont want a degree and i find it a waste of my parents money??? and i never said 24/7 - i need sleep and other outlooks to life which will help me eg gym ,yoga,social etc...on court ii said i would like to commit myself to badminton and fully and in order to do that i would not want to peruse a degree i never said i would be pro by 18 either i said i would know by 18 if i feel id be good enough to be pro in the future - id probably be pro by 21/22 not 18 realistically.. How in two years i would know is id aim to go all in for two years and by then i would be able to find out - eveen if i think i still suck i would till try to play for county

#61 Sports10, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  2. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Can you make a career from being pro in the UK? More likely from being a coach and stringer, and even then, doubtful?

I'm sceptical, sorry. My PE teachers were rubbish at school. Do you play for your club? I'd expect county juniors to be competing with adults in the upper divisions.

Best of luck though, prove us doubters wrong!

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Sports10 likes this.
  3. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I see. Yet I don't see how you had to clear anything up as if you read again my post:

- I never said you will be pro at 18 instead I said "You're 16 and you say you'll decide if you can become pro by 18 or in 2 years only?" = That's a short time to know if you will become pro or not even by going "all in". Then what happens if you injure yourself for 9 months? and also = you should plan on a longer term than that for such a goal you have as it is not realistic.

- 24/24 7/7 for badminton meant you can't only do that. Obviously I didn't meant you won't sleep... :rolleyes: But c'mon 8 hours of sleep + 8 hours of training (including gym, yoga, stretching, etc which is already totally unrealistic for your body to take all of a sudden) will leave you with another 8 hours to kill during a day. what will you do during that time?

But ok if you don't want to study then it's another story I didn't get that part and felt like it was more about trying to do badminton first then back to school if it fails so I simply wanted to say it would be a better plan to combine both on the long term (say 5 years) instead of going all in for 2 years and see if you "would know by 18 if i feel id be good enough to be pro".

You will never know in 2 years if you can be pro. Or may be you are already at a pro level then ok. Otherwise give yourself more time to become one. I believe in your goal but not in your plan. It's too radical and unrealistic. You're 16 and you can become pro but unless your level is already the one of a pro and you just need a few adjustments (like physical strength) that's just not possible. On the other hand if you're very good at badminton but need more to become pro then that's at least 5 years of regular intense training you need. At least. And in this case you can't just wait 5 years to know if you will be pro so that's where a compromise come in the picture.

PS: education is never a waste of money ;)

Sports10 likes this.
  4. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Let's try something else?

- Go for a degree related to the science of sports or find an university that offers a sports/badminton program for their undergraduate students. By the way a sport oriented degree would even help your badminton career by better understanding how the human body works and the biomechanics behind your sport! You could also become a coach later on.

Just one of the university proposing a badminton oriented program: https://www.lboro.ac.uk/sport/sports/badminton/performance/ (look at the alumni)

- Plan on the longer term. Min 5 years. By the time, you will obtain your degree, have hours of physical and court training in the bag, hundred of tournament's participation (so experience) and your latest performances on tournaments will simply show if you are pro or not. it's not like you can decide at 18 if you will make it or not.

I won't bug you any further hehe so good luck and wishing you to pursue and complete your dream. I believe it is possible! But be wise regarding the way you want to achieve it.

Sports10 and DarkHiatus like this.
  5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Is this a serious thread or someone with a lot of time on their hands trolling us all?

Sports10 likes this.
  6. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

[​IMG]

#66 Ouchie, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Sports10 likes this.
  7. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

I swear this isnt trolling , this is my journey and my story and if u have nothing positive to contribute u dont need to make a comment

8. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

Id just rther not do sport science - im an asian and if i a soft degree like that all my cousins would laugh at me any ways the purpose f doing a degree is as a backup and a degree like geography or economics can provide that not sport science - i either would want to be a professional badminton player or just get a degree not be a coach !!! - being a coach doesnt drive anyone what sort of a full tme profesin is that - if i was a former pro player then d consider coaching lol :)

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

It’s just hard to take seriously when you think beating a PE teacher means you are going to be better than the U15 national champion (spoiler alert: you’re 100% not getting more than 5/6 points from him right now)

I know 11/12 year olds training 25+ hours a week already. Sure that isn’t a guarantee of success but you are really far behind and for your own benefit school should be your 1st priority, then your social life and then badminton otherwise, you’ll just end up with major regrets in 5/10 years time. Just enjoy your badminton, take it seriously but don’t let it take over your life as in all honesty, it won’t be worth it.

Sports10 likes this.
  10. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Let’s see a video so we can assess your ability if you really think you’ve got the goods to be a professional. We will find out rather quick if this is a trolling exercise or not...

Sports10 likes this.
  11. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

In both of these u say by 18 i wouldnt know if im good enough - however in my eyes i would as by 18 i aspire to play for my county and possibly my national team (highly unlikley) - if i get called for lots of county and national matches id know im in with a chance however if im still relativley unknown then ill just do a degree or i may take a gap yr to think about what i want to do with my life

12. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

I dont have me on a video playing badminton - and i have exams coming up so i wont be able to show you a vid of me till july sorry - if u still dont believe me im not forcing u to after all whats the point in trying to convince some dude ive never met LOL:)

13. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

i never said that immedatley - u r so annoying man - what m trying to imply is i posess natural talent - plz stop attacking me i just wanted infomation on how to improve my game and become professional and u r attacking me

and by the way this message holds NO weight in my mind and if i think i can make it pro i will and thats good for them if they wrked 25 hrs + as in the uk thats very rare and i am ready to outework them

14. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

doing school will give me the regrets as i know my life isnt to get a job and be a slave of the government and waste my youth - i am gonna prove you wrong one day - the biggest risk is not taking one

15. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

if i think about the competition it messses up my process and i want to see how good i can get - im my own competition

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Cool: if experience and common sense hold “no weight” then you’re day dreaming. You don’t hold “natural talent” because if you did, you would already know how to improve your game etc.

Also, not being able to video your games until July is a bit weird, so you’re not going to train at all until July because of exams? I know people who train full time whilst studying and they’re able to combine both so doesn’t look promising if you’re not able to find the time for both in some capacity - not an attack, just a simple fact. :shrug:

Good luck, hope your journey is worth it.

Sports10 likes this.
  17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

The biggest risk is also chasing a pipe dream

Sports10 likes this.
  18. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

i cant win with u can i - ill just let my badminton kills do all the talking -u wouldnt know how good or how bad i am so just plz be quiet - so u wouldnt know if withhold natural talent - but ebven the best players need help sometimes ur so egotistical plz stop judging me and help me not hinder me

19. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

? - i speak standard english by the way

20. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

U DONT RED ALL MY MESSAGES - I SAID MY ONLY COMPETITION IS MYSELF (Watch how he tells me its my opponent)