How to become county player in uk

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Sports10, Mar 21, 2019.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Moderators - Can we close this thread? This is obvious trolling if ever have I seen it :rolleyes:

Sports10 and LenaicM like this.
  2. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

im not i promise - this has turned into a warzone lol :0

3. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

You will never know by 18 because in 2 years it's just impossible to raise your level that much unless you are already almost there. And so far nothing indicates your level is that high. What is your record in competition? How do you fare during tournaments? What's your actual ranking and in which category do you play at?

It's not like you have to work a bit during 2 years on your technique and your physique to fill the gap between your current level and the county one right? So no you won't know "in your eyes" if you can make it or not by the time you are 18 thus why I proposed to consider a long-term plan.

Sports10 likes this.
  4. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

This drives me so much the amount of negativity in this is incredible - it is really worrying that there r people like this who can say to a stanger u cannot ,make this much progress and i dont need u to think my level is high as the topic was how can i get into middlesex county team not do u think i can do it as i know i can and your opinion is IRRELEVANT- but how i meant where do i need to go - stop killing others dreams and make your own come true ;)

5. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I fail to see where is the "amount of negativity" and what's "worrying" in my rather constructive posts to you? By proposing you to train on the longer term while working on your education? To sum things up by saying you have a higher chance of success for your goal after 5 years of training rather than 2? :rolleyes:

Besides I never said you cannot... o_O please read along the lines. I said you cannot in such a short span of time. I repeated several time I believe you can achieve your dream if you come up with a realistic plan.

As for my opinion being irrelevant, just a friendly reminder, instead of asking your coach or taking your own performances as references or simply getting there naturally by being spotted or climbing your way progressively to that level you aim for, you are the one asking for opinions on this forum from... strangers. and without even a video or some results to judge your level.

Well I sincerely wish you good luck for your training :)!

PS: don't misunderstand being negative and constructive when it comes to other's opinion. One reject it all, the other one propose solutions to a problem.

Sports10 likes this.
  6. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    It clearly says uk and your french -anyone else can help me - this guy is poking his bmnose into a country he knows nothing about - are french people even good at the sport?
    he says I never said you cannot. then says i said u cant in short time - thats stlll saying i cant bro - i am a human and my potental is limitless and you have NO IDEA whats possible for me in two years not possible for u in two years as i live a completely different life to u

7. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

just to note i plan to spend 3000 hours on sports in next two years

8. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Ok... I got trolled here my bad. :D

Sports10 likes this.
  9. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I can see you live in a "different life" than I do, a life where "your" is used instead of you're. Despite me being French by the way ;)

Sports10 and DuckFeet like this.
  10. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

well done a typo due to autocorrect congrats u actually have the time to notice one - do u have anything useful to contribute

11. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

just because you can never commit to a sport doesnt mean u type this
    if anythng ur trolling me

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    gentlemen. chill. maybe you just killed the dream of a 16 yrs old!

Sports10 likes this.
  13. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

dw my friend im not that fragile to take the guys words for truth lol ;) -we will see where i end up in a few years of hard work then i will tell u my progress on here

14. DarkHiatus

DarkHiatus Regular Member

Badminton is not like golf or darts, or maybe even snooker. In those sports, you are only up against yourself, and your competition has no effect on you other than mental. In badminton to be the best, you must objectively beat every other person directly.

You said earlier that everyone else in the UK is too busy with GCSEs and A-levels to get good at badminton. Yet they have been putting in the hours of hard work on court whilst you're too busy studying till July.

I don't mean to say you should stop studying. Like @LenaicM, I think if you were serious about your badminton dream to go pro, you should be getting on court NOW, as well as studying (or instead of playing video games or meeting up with friends in town etc.). Everyone else who is serious is doing that!

To put this in perspective, I'm 28. If I told you I want to become pro, and in 2 years I can play for county, then I can be pro by the age of 33, does that sound right to you? You can let me know.

By the way, you have the same argument with other people becoming pro at 18, 5 years before you, assuming you are able to catch up to them.

I couldn't help but chuckle at this one. The irony...

Sports10, jeddy11 and LenaicM like this.
  15. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

to be honest im just some lost teenager -im chuckling at my own comments lol;)to be straight with u - i just want to know the easiest way to get into middlesex county and pretend that everything else thats been talked about in this chat is irrelevant please could you help me as there is no info about try outs online i can see - this would be SOO BENEFICIAL and would help me tremendously

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Just don't bother trying out for Middlesex and start your own county, that would most likely be the easiest option for you in order to get into a county team.

Sports10, jeddy11 and LenaicM like this.
  17. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

jokes aside can sombody be nice enough to help me?

18. amleto

amleto Regular Member

No you don't! You have used about 2 full stops in 5000 words. Good luck with your English exams...

Sent from my ONE E1001 using Tapatalk

19. Sports10

Sports10 Regular Member

y u gotta be xso mean i just want my q answered thats it - plz help

20. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Email badminton England and ask them. They will give you county secretary details.

Or, ya know, google it

Sent from my ONE E1001 using Tapatalk