Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Not only he jiting but also han chengkai need a new partner

antssantss likes this.
  2. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Agreed. He always returns half court and too high allowing the shuttle to be killed.. His defence is bad. He is clueless and only knows how to smash. No spatial awareness. The coaches have to work extremely hard to change his mindset.

3. antssantss

Retired
    Impressive showing by Koreas MD in Osaka. All the four pairs in the semifinals are Koreans. Granted the top pairs are not represented. Three pairs are young with one veteran pair,Ko Sung Hyun and Shin Baek Cheol.

4. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

I think you are talking about zhou haodong not about han chengkI because he is a smart player with many racket skills

5. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

I think chinese coaches should concider about not using womens players like cao tongwei, liu xuanxun who can't smash hard for womens doubles. They are suitable for mixed doubles

6. antssantss

Retired
    Agree with you totally. They are shuttle cock pushers. Not thinking players and do not have spatial awareness. They don't know how to exploit the opponents weaknesses.

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

22 years old Ren Pengbo, the young man who troubled Viktor Axelsen in Barcelona recently, lost two straight-games to home potential player, Koki Watanabe, 10-21 / 18-21.

8. antssantss

Retired
    Yes it has been a long time since China dominated a tournament finals like in the Axiata Malaysian Open. But its just a Japan day off. They still have the "firepower' to beat China, especially the Ladies. They have more depth in all categories. Looking at the level below the national team Japan performed better than China in the Osaka Open. Japan have finalists in the MS and WD; Korea in the MD; ( however there is a senior pairing in that final), Japan has one finalist in WS and China only one in the XD finals. There is a new Japanese MS player, Takuma Oboyashi who will meet Koki Watanabe today. China sent their top 9 MS ,except foe Sun Feixiang to this tournament and most of the WS except Zhou Meng. Although there are some other young Chinese WS players who weren't sent.
    KW has just beaten TO in the final just concluded. KW although only 20 is quite a "veteran". He was sent out at a very early age to the European tournaments unlike the Chinese MS players. So in time the China MS may catch up as they play in more tournaments.
    But well done China.

9. antssantss

Retired
    Interesting, Liu Xuanxuan has been replaced by Zhang Shuxian as a partner for Guo Xinwa. I have seen LX play and I support the change. This is the first outing for the new pairing and they are in the finals in Osaka.

10. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

They need lin guipu back

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As Lin Guipu hasn't been enrolled for any tournaments yet, I take it that his intensive, systematic training didn't go too smoothly for him, as otherwise CBA would register his name for the low-tier tournaments, such as Int'l series and Challenges, as his testing ground. Let's wait and see.

12. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Even china win 4 titles there are many problema. Apart from top 2 mixed doubles pairs there are no backup pairs. Womens singles have less problems because han yue also improving but so dissaointed about cai yaiyan. Mens singles singles is in a lot of trouble because after shi yuqi they haven't produced a player yet. Mens doubles also having problems because he/tan & han/zhou not producing results as expected. Chineese coaches should concider about new pairings. Womens doubles is improving. New combinations giving results but they need some time

Justin L likes this.
  13. antssantss

Retired
    I am afraid I don't see LinGuipu coming back. Too much water under the bridge.
    I am hopeful however, for the MS to improve if they continue sending them overseas to gain experience. In addition to that talented juniors should be trained individually on improving their skills. They shouldnt be left on their own.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I very much wish to see Han Yue, Chen Xiaoxin, Cai Yanyan and, perhaps, Li Xuerui and Wang Zhiyi step up to the plate as soon as possible.

#2314 Justin L, Apr 7, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  15. antssantss

Retired
    I think its possible for Han Yue if she can kill the shuttle earlier and also improve her footwork. At the work rate she does, come the later part of a tournament she will be too tired. The rest I am not so sure. Li Xuerei is not working hard enough as Lin Dan has. I hope Wei Yaxin is being coached by Wang Xin as she has potential.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wang Xin is coaching all the national junior players 18 and under, she revealed it when asked by the co-commentator in one of the matches televised by CCTV-5. Wei Yaxin is still 18.

17. antssantss

Retired
    I hope Wang Xin will impart her skills and technique to Wei Yaxin. WY has shown her talent but she needs to cut down the unforced errors. She also needs the defensive lob that Chen Yufei is so good at.And lastly firepower. With that opponents will be hesitant to lift the shuttle giving them lesser options.

#2317 antssantss, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  18. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

So dissapointed with cai yanyan's resulta in this year so far

19. antssantss

Retired
    Not full of praise for her. She is "wooden" with no clue how to win points except by putting the shuttle into empty spaces. I call them shuttle pushers:);). Robotic:D

20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The progress is very very slow (maybe need three or four years?), clearly stagnant at the moment, don't know whether CBA has degradation program to drop the underperformed players. China has many back-ups in MS and starting to send them in lower tier tournaments (including the IC) but unfortunately their quality doesn't meet the expectation.