Yonex Nanoflare 700

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 4, 2019.

1. flogge20

flogge20 Regular Member

Had the chance to play about 10 minutes. Initial feel: headlight, but not as light as expected. Ohh... by the way string was Aerosonic 12 kilos.
    Its much lighter feel than the Arc11.
    Hitting: Clear easy from baseline to baseline. Backhand clear needs a bit more time to precise the shots. Smash feels solid and powerfull. But hard to compare to other like the Arc11. Hopefully near the same area. But again it needs more hitting time. Drops were ok, but you have to be more concentrated. Drive, fast shots, blocks, counter attack is the sunshine. Very fast to move, similar to the JS10 would say the same league. And yes faster than Arc11. As I crashed one Arc11 today think about to switch to NF700. But there are doubts to be honest. Not sure if this is the right choice. I will test the NF700 a bit more. But I am interessted in your opinions.

2. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    @Rob3rt said he thought the racket was too stiff for him. Anyone else that's tried this thought it felt stiff? Just wondering because we can expect the 800 and 900 to be stiffer, after all.

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Hmmm.. Considering his LN history I'm not surprised. For a YY I'd say this definitely stiffer than their usual med stiff rating. Relatively on par with Victor's old ratings tbh.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

4. justplaynow77

justplaynow77 Regular Member

Are we talking about NF700? I came from Mizuno medium flex (Technix 1.2, JPX CX Edition, Carbosonic) and Li Ning Calibar 600B, and it did not feel stiff to me (or have I been using too flex racket all this time? lol)

5. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

The guy from the shop said it‘s too stiff for him too. He plays the GlanZ. I only tried it a few minutes at a tournament, but even then I noticed how freaking unforgiving this thing is. Kinda like the N99. Hit a little off-center and you will be greeted with a nasty shock rising from your wrist up the arm. I will stick to my Li Ning noodles. My swing is not explosive enough for a racket like this.

6. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    How does it compare to Victor's Hypernano x900 in terms of stiffness?

7. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

I gave the 5U a roll, and my instincts were that it does seem something that's kind of 'easy to generate power' but lacks a big swing from the very first few shots. If I had the 4U I probably would've been a little happier with it, but I get the sense the same problems will occur.

I tested it against a couple of A/B players and they lifted everything I smashed at with zero problems. I don't claim to be a big hitter but that's pretty pathetic and a serious limitation for competitive play (esp at higher flights if they know you cannot break through it will be exploited). The frame is large and a little slow for its weight class (compare NR900 which hits slightly harder and is faster...)

OK, enough burying. The good. Lol, I'm fishing for good stuff to say. Trolling with trickshots were good as it lets me hit off the center with a big frame. It is very easy to use maybe due to the flexibility. Ahhh....OK I'm out of things to say. Defense is good, ah yes, that is important.

Came from a ZFII/duora-z strike and probably it comes as no surprise I'm not a fan of this, although I can see its purpose.

Scores are normalized with other top end rackets, so don't be surprised if you see low scores. Giving everything 4-5/5 is pretty meaningless and does not compare well.
    Attack: 0/10 (literally the worst I've seen alongside the 5U JS10 and 6U FB)
    Defense: 9/10 (owing to the large frame and relatively fast racket overall)
    Drives: 8/10 (too flexible causing too much delay)
    Net: 8/10 (fast, but not the fastest)
    Escape clear: 2/10 (lacks the headweight)
    Stiffness: 3/10
    Durability: Very good

visor and s_mair like this.
  8. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    That's interesting, so you found it too flexible. What weight did the 5U come in at for you? I guess the other thing to keep in mind is that your swing is likely out of sync with this type of racket, the Z Strike and ZF2 are so incredibly different to the NF700, but either way that wouldn't surprise me with it being a 5U and them being strong players.

As I said I didn't find the smash power amazing, but for me the 4U was fine for clear/lifts. EDIT: Just figure it's worth asking, at about 85g, my racket could have been almost 10g heavier than yours, and obviously that would reflect the results.

#248 Charlie-SWUK, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  9. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

I don't know the weight at 5U, so it could've been at the lower end. Yes I do feel out of sync with the large swings, but even if I got the timing right, I don't feel like they are going to go much faster. Maybe up to a potential 10 g could reflect some significant difference in my opinion.

My review can only claim the 5U is trash, but the 4U is completely open up for debate (although I already have some reservations with the stiffness and power).

I basically don't care about lifts or clears, since it's not a shot that is difficult to perform with any (reasonable) racket. I do get the feeling it is directly inferior to the NR900 as scored years ago:
    NR900 (3U)
    Attack: 3/10
    Defense: 10/10
    Drives: 10/10
    Net: 9/10
    Escape clear: 2/10
    Stiffness: 6/10
    Durability: Poor

The durability is the only thing that the nanoflare has which the nanoray 900 doesn't have. It's always good to not need to buy a second racket though.

10. justplaynow77

Is it normal to have contradicting view of a racket, such as too stiff and too flexible, or forgiving and difficult at the same time?

11. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Between different individuals or one individual making the statement?

12. justplaynow77

Between different individuals. The too stiff / too flex contradiction might be possible, but forgiving / difficult is a bit difficult to chew on, especially when a beginner level player (i.e. me) already feel that the racket is quite forgiving and a more advanced player feel otherwise.

13. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Very normal. It's due to several factors involved whether this is between different individuals or based on an individual alone. But if I have to define it in one word, I believe the closest I can say is it's about preferences.

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    What ^ he said haha. Very common. Everyone is different so we all have different views especially on the effects of a racket.

15. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

I had a very brief play with a 4U NF700 and the best I can do is compare to my 4U Apacs Lethal 10, which shares similar traits, and simply say that they may be similar but the NF700 has that premium feel (torsion, solidity?) that is common with Yonex and Li Ning. It plays better with more control and if I had one I would be very happy with it but not 4-times-the-price better or happier. Overall it felt like a great mid and front court players racket but lacked smash-kill potential, as noted by others. It felt better suited to fast reactive downward shots like stick smashes and fast drops and fast pushes. This is for building a rally ready for a net kill or forcing mistakes with speedy returns.

Best comparisons will be with other aero shaped frames and I wonder if the N7ii/TC70 is close to being a 3U NF700? Has anybody got/tried both?

16. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I had both. Recently got rid of my TC70 because it just wasn't gelling 100%. But no definitely not similar at all.

17. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

:( I want to get a N7ii or TC70 but can't justify buying it on a whim.

*shakes fist at children* - If it wasn't for the joy, love and financial hardship you bring I could buy more rackets

18. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Rofl parenthood

But why the interest in the TC70? Perhaps I could give you a better reason to get it.

19. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Agreed, they're reasonably different.

And feel-wise? Rob3rt found the feeling to be too harsh, I think it's very nice and solid. More-so than when I tried the NR900.

20. firthlennox

firthlennox New Member

Hi everyone, i'm new here, but i've been a silent reader for the past month.
    And I want to share some of my experience using the NF700 4UG5.
    (sorry for my bad english as i'm not a native english speaker)

I've always been using an even balance racket since i've known badminton and tried the head heavy and head light racket but didn't like it.
    Coming from the Arc11 2UG5 (yes 2U, very heavy) the weight difference is very significant.
    my defense is greatly increased and interceptions are much easier. That is my first feeling of the racket.

I tried the racket for around an hour and I really love it. The feel seems to be an even balance racket rather than a head light racket.
    There are some adjustment needed for the hit timing, but after awhile I get the hang of it.
    The racket is really fast in my opinion when swinging through the air.
    If you just try swing it really fast, like a punchy swing, you will know that i mean.

The clear is so-so in my opinion, the net play is the same.
    but lifting, interception, defensive comeback are easy.
    I think the best move using the NF700 is drive and sudden smash (usually for front double players as I'am).
    small punchy smashes are great, and drive are very easy to control.
    My movement also become more agile.

But i'm using BG66 Ultimax 26lbs for the strings (usually i use 28lbs, the string shop got it wrong, i'm really upset).
    anyways, i will update my review after changing the strings to 28lbs, because it will affect my overall review, especially on clears.

In the end, I think it's an easy racket for everyone, and it does not feel empty while hitting, it feels very sturdy.

eric213, BadBadmintonPlayer and llrr like this.