Victor vs Yonex (Shoes)

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by AdamMorin, Apr 20, 2019.

1. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

I had a few questions regarding shoes for the BC community. I have only ever used Yonex badminton shoes from the very beginning. I currently us Aerus 2 shoes and love them.

I am wanting to switch to victor shoes next if it makes sense. I am a heavier guy (6'-3" 245lbs). Mostly muscle mass, not just overweight. But nontheless im a big guy. I know Yonex has their patent cushioning you can drop an egg on or whatever. So my questions:

1. How they are comparable quality wise? Do victors hold up as well with wear/tear as Yonex?

2. How are the cushion/padding/support in victor shoes compared to yonex?

3. do victor fit more narrow then yonex?

2. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Victor n Li-Ning shoes have wider range of quality; on the hi-end models they r equivalent but on mid and lower end models they vary very widely. It's better to be specific in asking which Yonex shoes r more durable than which Victor shoes. Question no3 i can't answer you without specific models comparison. In fact I don't wear Victor/Yonex at all now, my Indonesian local brands r only US $35-40 for their hi-end models. They r just as comfortable n last over 2 years, after replacing w/ better insoles. Only 30% in prices but performance is 80% of Yonex/Victor, w/ a good insole it's 85-90%.

#2 sautom88, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  3. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

What's the brand you are referring to? Just being curious :)

4. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

My local brands r not available outside Indo, I use RS or Flypower

LenaicM likes this.
  5. CitizenErased

CitizenErased Regular Member

Do you know how those fits? I mean, do you use same size for yonex and Victor? (If you had tried the two brands)

6. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee

I'm mainly a Victor shoes user, I have tried some of my friend's latest Yonex shoes as well. I have tried most of Victor and Yonex High end series.

Based on my experience:
    1. Quality wise they are very close, I owned Victor S, P, and A-series and most of them hold up for more than a year. (I play frequently 2-3 times a week, with 3-4 hours playing time on average). However I observed (Note: this is my personal observation, not necessarily true to all users) that Yonex power cushion 03 Z series tend to wear out/ tear quicker especially around toes' area. I didn't find any problem with Yonex other series so far.

2. Victor's Cushion and padding support is comparable to Yonex. But If you need more support, I suggest for Victor P-series because they are the support type shoes and therefore provide more cushion and lateral protection

3. I feel that both of this brand is very similar in sizing. But please take note that they do have some series that are for narrow toes and wide toes. For victor: U-type for wide toes and V-type.

In my opinion both Victor and Yonex shoes are one of the best in this sport, the reason I bought victor shoes in the first place was because i'm a fan of LYD and KSH. But you can go no wrong with either of them.

Hope I can be of help, and sorry for the bad grammar

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Seems like Yonex own the shoes category.
    When we googling around looking the badminton shoes, Yonex will always appear in the list 60-70% of the list.
    Behind Yonex following Lining, Asics, Mizuno, or Babolat. But Victor rarely shown up in the list.