Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Evidently, the minions can't, anymore - haven't you watched the last 4 tournaments?
    Not wanting to rub it in for other, genuine fans, but your way of dismissing anything they don't win is just too ridiculous to not make fun of

WhiteStringJunkie likes this.
  2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Did you really need to rub it in for us even more? Having him around saying such nonsense has stung more than salt to a fresh wound. :(

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Sorry. If it's any consolation, I don't think they won't win anything anymore, maybe they just lost a bit too much of their drive after that insane number of wins. But I'm guessing they'll be well-motivated to improve, and even if they can't re-establish dominance, they'll win more tournaments - maybe even a major other than the AE.

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I hope so. Because it's rather silly to lose motivation now when the Olympics qualification just started.

It shouldn't have been that bad really. As long as some certain people won't be saying things like nothing is more major than AE. Or anything like this or that doesn't matter as long as they make money or girls like them. You know :rolleyes:

j4ckie likes this.
  5. WhiteStringJunkie

WhiteStringJunkie Regular Member

Kevin should consider playing in mixed doubles again, if they are still stuck in their above-average performance this time around.
    This is what happens when you're playing the same style throughout your career.

6. WhiteStringJunkie

j4ckie is my kind of guy.
    Raw and honest person.
    Salute.

rhoder and j4ckie like this.
  7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

cant what?

8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I don't think Kevin's career has been that long with Marcus to call it throughout his career.

Right. Hail @j4ckie !

j4ckie likes this.
  9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

My apologies. As I said, I'm just making fun of his statement, and I don't believe they're in steady decline from now on. :)

I wasn't trying to say they lack motivation now, but since there's always a delay between motivation and effects on court (you need to train and work on things for a while to improve or regain, after all), this would fit in with them taking it a bit too easy a couple of weeks or months ago.
    Funnily enough, the timeline of their rapid ascent and (temporary?) decline fits that of Koo/Tan almost perfectly so far, to whom I have compared them before - of course they're not all the same, stylistically, but there are a lot of similarities imop. Let's see if they can improve not only on Koo/Tan's number of titles, but also stave of declining better than they did.

I agree. He has loads of time to show whether he even needs to adapt and whether he is capable of it.

#3609 j4ckie, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
  10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Win as many tournaments as they want...?

And let me reply to your next response in advance - yes, they care, not only do they probably care more about the prestige of winning at least one WC and/or OG than they do about more money (given that they're likely already rich by their country's standards), they also hate losing, even if they won that particular event in the past.

rhoder likes this.
  11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I hope it's just a temporary decline like they had last year during TUC till WC. They just didn't have the same level of intensity in the last 4 tournaments compared to the performances they had before that. It might change from now on.

Well I hope that minions will start to really decline after winning a medal in WC and OG at least. I doubt they will last as long as Koo/Tan either though. :)

Still disappointed that they won't be coming to AO.. :(

12. minions

minions Regular Member

Yeah, it is a shame if they don't win WC or OG medal. However, in any case, I don't see them play beyond OG. Marcus will be 29 by then.

13. WhiteStringJunkie

About that Koo/Tan thing, we are on the same page.
    And Kevin, what I meant was that his playing time with Marcus where they had been playing with the same style for quite a while, now that most other players got the hang of it.

14. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

ok. think what you want to think. seems like you look more unhappy when they lost than they won lol

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Can't wait for the SC to start, though I am not sure how many times minions will play as there will only be a total of 4 ties from group stages to the Final day. (IF INA got through to SF and F, that is :D) . INA will play DEN and ENG in the group stages.
    I think any MD pair would do quite well against either as DEN will probably field Astrup/Rasmussen.

There will be a whole month and over off after SC as the only tournament in June is AO and minions are not playing there. Indonesia Open is not before 16 July. Roughly two months! :eek: We are going to miss our boys a lot from now on :confused:

16. minions

minions Regular Member

There will be 5 ties from group stage to Final. You must be miss the QF. Having said that, I bet that minions just play twice in SC.

17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Ah, yes I must have missed QF. the draws are not up yet i suppsosed?

18. minions

minions Regular Member

What do you mean? The group stage draw has been released.

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

No idea what I mean. lol
    I was half-asleep when I asked that.

20. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

Excerpt from online news on minions post-BAC loss:

Minions' coach mentioned other than good defense by their opponent, it's also due to Gideon's hand muscle decline. Gideon admitted decline in quality since semifinal. During final, the shuttlecock was tad heavy due to the air, and different playing style. Kevin/Gideon adopt attacking style whil Endo/Watanabe on defence.
    The coach implement training program to strengthen Marcus's hand muscle.

"Selain karena defense musuh bagus, juga karena kualitas otot tangan Gideon menurun jauh. Kemarin saya tanya, dia mengakui kualitasnya menurun sejak semifinal. Saat final, bola agak berat karena udara, lalu memang cara mainnya beda, Kevin/Gideon cara bermainnya menyerang, kalau mereka (Endo/Watanabe) main bertahan," ujar Herry IP.
    Dari hasil tersebut, pelatih berusia 56 tahun ini pun menerapkan program latihan untuk menguatkan otot tangan bagi Marcus.

Full article in Link below:
    https://kumparan.com/@kumparansport...SlLY5s?utm_source=msnid&utm_medium=Aggregator