Replacement for N9II

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Berniste, Jan 25, 2019.

1. False Catalyst

False Catalyst New Member

Student
    but I suspected that it was my physical ability, but I was like wait, if I could generate power with ZF2 and Arc10, then how could my strength be lacking.

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Apparently, you do have an issue with stiff rackets. And again, N7II is far less stiff than JS10, DZS and ZF2.

alexnd2008 likes this.
  3. False Catalyst

Student
    Yo i think you are mistaking me for the thread opener, I find the N9ii to flexible for me, thus, i picked rackets like the DZS and ZF2. I tried the 4UZF2 and i liked it because it doesn’t lag when i do a full swing, and it was surprisingly fast for the kind of racket it is

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

ooops, you're right. Didn't notice that you hijacked the thread. That's why you shouldn't post in BC while attending a business meeting and pretending that you're writing down important meeting notes... :confused:

llrr likes this.
  5. False Catalyst

Student
    Well, i was in class, so you pretty much got that part right,

llrr likes this.
  6. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

My 2 cents, physical strength is required but in form of stamina and not in muscle is my opinion for n9ii. I own a n9ii and I am not well built!! But given an opportunity and when I am behind the shuttle I can hit pretty steep and good smash.

The 4 rules for n9ii are as follows
    1. Get behind the shuttle
    2. Get ur foot work better
    3. Don’t play spider man shots.. I mean jump side wards and hit!!
    4. Play proper backend no hanky panky stuff..

Once u master all the above. Your n9ii will be your go forward racket..

FYI.. I tried zf2 and found more head heavy than n9ii + stringing more than 26lbs in zf2 gives u great vibrations if u don’t find its sweet spot.

N9II is gem of a racket in that field. Hit anywhere u get super results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holyseraphy likes this.
  7. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Your four rules apply to the sport in general. It is not racquet specific.

8. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

Correct but people don’t follow it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. weingseen

weingseen Regular Member

If being low intermediate player and having trouble with N9ii, I would really advice fixing your skills instead.

Reason being, N9ii is an all rounder and most forgiving racket I have ever used. It's 3u weight but it's fast.
    If you can't get steep shot, it's all about hitting position.
    Leaving skill aside, if you can't do steep with med flex, I highly doubt you can do it with stiffer racket.

If you think racket are still your main concern, I can suggest you Li-Ning Turbocharging 75D.
    It's literally the same racket frame as N9ii but a bit lighter and stiffer too.
    Exactly what you look for.

10. J the Bob

J the Bob New Member

btw dzs only comes in 3u or 2u but its more even balanced than head heavy, like a beefy, stiffer arc11 with the duora tech

alexnd2008 likes this.
  11. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Take the ZF2 4u. If you like it enough, stick with it and get a spare too. With the Astrox hype they’re quite cheap in second hand market as well as new.

Heck I’m pretty sure you can buy two zf2’s for the price of one new hyped up racket. DZS is also very cheap in second hand market atm. Much more unforgiving with its sweet spot than the ZF2 tho and takes awhile to get used to. I’d pick a zf2 4u for doubles instead.

12. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

Is the 75B essentially a N9ii but with a more even balanced weight? How does it compare in stiffness? I tried a 75i but thought it was too stiff and too light. So this time I'm going to go 4U G5, but want something with more flex. Suggestions?

13. Michel Aupin

Michel Aupin Regular Member

I have one Aeronaut 9000D. 4u, hh and not that stiff. It is playing well for a 4u (i usually play with 3u). Or you can try the new Tectonic 7B. 4u and balance and stiffness looks to be the same as the 75B. Or maybe the yonex nf700? I have no experience with the last 2; maybe someone will tell you more. Good luck ! :)

14. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    I owned a TC75D. It is fast, although there were trade off in power department. I can smash harder with n7ii but not with TC75D. Not really sure about n9ii, as i only used it once or twice (borrowed from friend). Here OP says lack of manoeuvrability in defense and smash, i would suggest AX77 or AX88s in 4u, as i have owned both. They are great on fast exchanges (especially AX88s) and defense. In terms of power, those astroxes whacks better than TC75D imo.