CROWN GROUP AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2019 (04 - 09 JUNE)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by yuquall, May 28, 2019.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Oh I didn't realize CTC match was over. I guess he won it straight games.

2. lurker

lurker Regular Member

got photos of the mopping and sitting?

3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Noo:(:(:( you should have reminded me at the time haha
    Not a natural photo shooter haha never remember I have a camera on my hand at all time

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Wow Tang/Tse to win G1 from trailing behind 17-20 to 22-20.

5. wade

wade Regular Member

From 19-12 to 20-22...useless hafglo

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

MS semifinal INA vs TPE

7. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

another all INA final in MS?
    interesting haha

8. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

is there any video uploaded for ko/shin vs ahsan/set?

9. minions

minions Regular Member

I think CYF is the heavy favourite to win the title. NJ is obviously not on the same level as her. RI already has CYF as her cryptonite. The latter case is most likely applied to NO as well. But, I am hoping fot a surprise.

10. Badofan

Badofan Regular Member

Does anyone know who has the say on which matches are to be broadcast (aka on Court 1) for the Semis?

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Australia Open Day 4

It has been raining all day today and I wonder if the humidity level had any influence of the players performance. Well, it did to me :cool:

I supposed everyone has all watched the matches on both court 1 and 2. So I will just mentioned a bit about the matches on court 3.

2-Takahasi/Matsutomo vs Kim/Kong
    When I arrived there the second match has already started half-way. But from the look of it, TakaMatsu was dealing with Kim/Kong just fine. Their defense were quite solid and it was harder for Kim/Kong to break the defense. In G2, TakaMatsu had some questionable line calls against them, and it affected them a bit though they managed to pull themselves together and finished the match without losing any game. The Koreans couldn't deal with Matsumoto at the front.

3-Jindapol vs Ongbamruhphan (Seriously Thai players name are just so hard to spell)
    I was too caught up watching the matches in the other courts (sorry girls) especially between Han/Zhou against Choi/Seo which ended up with the Korean winning of the Chinese.

4-Okuhara vs Yeo
    Okuhara seemed to be a bit struggling and to be disappointed or upset with herself. Even so Yeo wasn't able to make the most of it or create an upset. She seemed to be struggling physically herself toward the end of G2 too.

5-Ginting vs Sugiarto
    Just like the scoreline suggested, Ginting dominated the whole game. I thought something was off and it turned out that Tommy was suffering some back pain. He asked to see a medic, had her sprayed on his back after G1 over. But before G2 could start, he came up to the umpire and said he could not continue the match. Ginting through to the SF without any difficulty.

6-Ahsan/Hendra vs Ko/Shin
    Disappointing yet unexpected result. I thought of recording the match with my phone, but I stopped after the first 4 points. Too many obstacles and I didn't think my battery would have lasted long enough.
    Puzzling performance by Ahsan/Hendra today but an inspiring one by Ko/Shin.
    Ahsan struggled all the time to find his better form, Hendra made some great shots with his anticipations and all but his partner's bad form affected his performance too unfortunately. Even at the front, Hendra wasn't as sharp as he usually was in good form. On the other hand, Ko/Shin was doing really well. They attacked really well and they returned most of INA attacks with ease and even able to counter attack Ahsan's smashes for a number of times. At some point, Ko (not Shin) was actually successfully intercepting Ahsan's drop shot at the net and killing it. That was how weak and predictable Ahsan's attacks had been all match. Many flat exchanges ended with Ahsan messing up, I guess he was just not feeling fit today.
    In other words, a bad day for Ahsan/Hendra but a great day for Ko/Shin. I hope Ko/Shin could do well against Li/Liu tomorrow.

Again another disappointing result when LD lost to Christie. I guess the latter did really well to not letting the former to build up any tactical plan in the first set. LD did much better in G2 and actually looked pretty confidence. But had to lose in the end, unfortunate. It was thrilling and the crowd were merged into one in emotion when LD managed to catch up toward the end of G2. But luck wasn't on LD or his supporters side today. :( Felt so ripped off, they are smart to make the tickets non-refundable. Darn the organizers lol. Too bad we didn't have hawkeye, but I supposed they only have enough fund to install it in SF and F? Stupid organizers. :p:p

12. indrg

indrg Regular Member

JC and Ginting have to pass the 2 taipei pair first. It is payback time for JC to give it to CTC.

13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

SEMIFINALS (01.00pm) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...0187F6-0472-408C-A350-A6F27EBE8B21&d=20190608
    • Men's singles semifinal round will present INA-TPE affair, Indonesian idol Jonatan Christie eyes revenge mission over Chou Tien Chen. The Taiwanese star shocked the Asian Games champion in Sudirman Cup quarterfinal recently. Christie vanquishes iconic player Lin Dan. The Chinese tried to force third game, unfortunately the 35 years old couldn't stem ferocious attack by his young opponent. Chou outclasses Malaysian qualifier Soong Joo Ven, 21-14 / 21-8. One more Indonesian leading player also secures semis spot, Anthony Ginting will take on TPE number two Wang Tzu Wei. Ginting only spent 14 minutes of play following Tommy Sugiarto retired, 21-6.
    • A quite predictable plot for women singles discipline, top seeded Nozomi Okuhara opposes Ratchanok Intanon while Chen Yufei will find Thai challenger Nitchaon Jindapol. Chen made unthinkable comeback at opening game, trailing badly 7-14 then 11-18 the slow starter Chen found her fine tune to lock Michelle Li, 20-18, the Canadian added one point before the Chinese sealed first set, 21-19. Psychological impact occured in second game, one way traffic match as Chen stamped authority over the lethargic opponent.
    • Surprising outcome arriving in men's doubles quaters, two Korean combinations tackling higher ranked rivals, 2014 World Champions Ko/Shin beat INA prominent duo, two-time World Champions Ahsan/Setiawan, 21-15 / 21-15. Earlier on the day, Choi SG/Seo SJ edged out Han CK/Zhou HD in very tight contest, 19-21 / 21-16 / 23-21. Both unseeded pairs will challenge tournament top-two seeds, Kamura/Sonoda and reigning World Champions Li JH/Liu YC.
    • Polii/Rahayu finally score their first ever victory over current world number one and world champions as well Matsumoto/Nagahara in two close games, thanks to Indonesians relentless attacking style and shots variation to break Japanese solid defense. Next assignment is China leading pair Chen QC/Jia YF who experienced gruelling battle to down Lee SH/Shin SC in 85 minutes. The winner of this tie will take on Japanese hurdle in finale, either Fukushima/Hirota or the Olympic Champions Matsutomo/Takahashi.
    • Former All England Champions Watanabe/Higashino have tough times to conquer Korean vast experienced duo Ko SH/Eom HW, 21-19 / 14-21 / 21-19. The Japanese pair will face Jordan/Oktavianti who subdued Chan PS/Goh LY yesterday. Another Indonesian mixed doubles combination Faizal/Widjaja wasting healthy lead in first game, 19-12 then blowing away four game points, 20-22. credit to Tang/Tse who made late resurgence and ramp up the pressure to the Indonesians. HKG southpaws have world numbet two Wang/Huang to overcome, an interesting duel based on their head to head stats.
    LIVE TV COVERAGE (Court 1)
    upload_2019-6-8_7-27-54.png

14. Badofan

Badofan Regular Member

15. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Something strange with the schedule. court 2 will start at 2pm or I can see the future ^-^

trizzforce likes this.
  16. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

The other schedule is more exciting.

17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Youtube bwf streaming available?
    Who are the commentators?

18. Badofan

Badofan Regular Member

Yep. Court 1 matches will be streamed on Badmintonworld.tv. Steen Pedersen's doing the commentary for the first match. As for geoblock, there's none for Australia.

yuquall likes this.
  19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Steen!!! Should I come up to him and say hi :oops:

20. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Pics or it didn't happen! :D