ASTROX 88S vs 68S

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by HARSHA M, Jun 4, 2019.

1. HARSHA M

HARSHA M Regular Member

After several posts and long debates, i finally found what i have been looking for .. the Astrox 68S. :D

But still those r specs on paper:confused:, how does it perform in real world scenario?. Im very very excited to find out how does it compare to its flashy brother AX 88S:cool:. Did yonex struck gold with this one or is it like a meh

If anyone owns one or got a chance to try both, please feel free to share ur thoughts:)

cant wait to hear u guys out!!!

2. HARSHA M

HARSHA M Regular Member

Are there any better options than AX 68S in that price point which feel similar to AX 88S?

#2 HARSHA M, Jun 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  3. juanfarrell02

juanfarrell02 New Member

How much is your budget?. If you are able to afford the AX88 then go for it. One of the best racket so far

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

4. HARSHA M

HARSHA M Regular Member

ya i like AX88S:cool: the most and consider it as one of the best all rounder racket, but its out of my budget. So im considering to get a AX68S, so looking forward for someones review.

5. Obito

Obito Regular Member

well its not that much different in price (even tho it is double the price but it is not insanely pricey). Think about it like an investment for your health. To be able to play with a racket you have an eye for is a good pleasure. You might get the 68s today and in a few month you would still be curious about hows 88s perform and finally end up getting one.

6. HARSHA M

HARSHA M Regular Member

haha, y would i ask for all these things if i could afford AX88S. Simply i would have bought 1 by this time:D i adore it the most, but im not earning any bucks so u can understand;)

thnx for ur suggestion, im not cheeping out on my racket:p, i just dont have that much money:oops:

#6 HARSHA M, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  7. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

I am also curious about the 88s v 68s/38s.

I have the 88s, but would like to get a 68s/38s to act as a standby/guest racket.

8. KingCantona

KingCantona Regular Member

I am using 88S and also considering a 68D as a backup racket. Any feedback?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

9. deepinthemusic

deepinthemusic Regular Member

IMHO its better to get outside of these 3 famous brands (yy, ln, victor) for racket under 100usd.. For that budget, you can get high end racket with another brand outside that 3 brands

wjsutanto likes this.
  10. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Well, im not looking for new racket. Afterall i just bought my new one, but sometimes i just like to browse & look for other racket on my free time.

On my search, i found
    Mizuno JPX Ltd
    Apacs Virtuoso Performance

Idk anything about it but the spec is kinda simillar to AX68D, so maybe you can look for it to try.

11. HARSHA M

HARSHA M Regular Member

ya bro, im also waiting for someones feedback:)

12. steven8991

steven8991 Regular Member

I have just purchased Astrox 38S, after few sessions of playing.. Well, I must say this is one of the best low end racket that I have ever use!

Cosmetic and design wise, it is really pleasing. I can stare at this racket all day.
    Spec wise: great speed and swing in the air, perfect effortless defense, and decent smash power. Btw I am an intermediate level of player who always play doubles. If you think you need more weight in the head, go with 68S or even 68D for a lot more head weight.

In conclusion, for that range of price, Astrox 38S won't disappoint you. I can guarantee that.

13. missclicked

missclicked Regular Member

I have the 38s and 68D,

Aggreed with steven8991, of ax38s being one of the best low end racket.. Almost as reponsive as a nanoray series but with better smash power. Makes me want to get the 68s but I am not sure since I already own the 68D

Still haven't yet tamed the 68D, Really packing smashing power but need more refine hand/technique in net play..

14. steven8991

steven8991 Regular Member

glad you alse enjoy the 38S.

agree with the net play on 68D, at first I struggle a little bit, but with more adaptation of the racket, now it becomes better and better in the net area.

15. izzice9300

izzice9300 Regular Member

38S = decent smash power.
    68S = very good smash power.
    88S = excellent smash power.

Thats what i can feel after trying them.

missclicked likes this.