Which racket is good for newbie?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tibbers94, Jun 13, 2019.

1. HARSHA M

HARSHA M Regular Member

As much i admire the 88s, i dont think it is for noobs. it will be costly also high stiffness means they will need to put more power into shots

2. HARSHA M

HARSHA M Regular Member

let me correct u, both VT and AX are head heavy series.
    AX is the latest gen, successor to the VT
    all of them are not hard to play, again it depends on which model u r looking at

for a beginner,if u want to buy a VT/AX then look for slight head heavy and low - med flex ones, they will be easy to play for u Inkedrac_LI.jpg InkedCapture_LI.jpg InkedAX_LI.jpg

3. tibbers94

tibbers94 Regular Member

Thank you for your suggest.
    I really want a lining racket instead of yonex racket.
    I'm interested in Lining US 68ii or Windstorm 500 600. Can you give me advise?

Gửi từ SM-G973N của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

4. pughon

pughon Regular Member

Yes you definitely can go for Windstorm 500 or 600. In the middle of everything (weight, flex).
    As long as you are happy with you racket, you can enjoy the game.

5. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    I would guess u r a completely newbie. No formal training etc.
    Maybe u can also tell us what u r using right now?
    A good way is to borrow rackets from your club mates to try....then u will know what racket u prefer.
    As a newbie, you can pass all the expensive rackets used by the top players. Reason is these pro rackets tend to be heavy and stiff and it won't favour a beginner. With bad arm movement etc you will end up with an injury.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

6. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    The brand of the racket is personal preference. Player 70% racket 30%.
    So getting YY is not gonna make u a LCW or getting LiNing you can never be a LCW.
    I favour YY because their entire range is catalogued very neatly. Basically the selection matrix says it all.
    Lining on the other hand is abit messy...no clear cut catalogue.
    Also so far YY is of the highest manufacturing standard. Also the value. Assuming u gonna spend US$150 on a racket....will u pay for made in Japan or China?
    But Lining quality has improved alot over the years. The Wind storm series is suitable for you.
    Get either a 4U or 5U. That's the weight. Lighter than that will be 6F or 7F but I think u are a guy so....5U is as light u should go.
    Then the strings. I suggest strings that is abt 0.65mm and tension 22 to 25 Lbs. This will give good sound and durability.
    But remember 25Lbs will make control easier but no rebound. Imagine 40lbs tension it will be hitting the shuttle with cardboard.
    So don't spend too much now get a affordable racket. Play with it then after awhile restring change string and tension...then u will feel good. When we spend money with new stuff we normally play better......hahahah.
    When u reckon u have improved....upgrade and keep this racket as a spare.
    Welcome to badminton.

Arief Hasan likes this.
  7. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    Also some Apacs racket are very popular in Vietnam. The top player in Vietnam use Apacs too. Mens single player.
    At the shop take 2 or 3 rackets and swing it abt. Fore hand stroke and back hand...see which u feel best....that's the racket u need.

8. tibbers94

tibbers94 Regular Member

Thank you so much. I will go to the store and try some Lining and Apacs racket, i will choose 4u and flex ..

9. tibbers94

tibbers94 Regular Member

I'm interestes on windstorm 500.
    Can i smash with 5u racket?

Gửi từ SM-G973N của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

10. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    @OP you will just continue to read and read but never actually arrive at a satisfactory conclusion. Been there, done that tens of times.

Get a DG if you're gonna go Yonex or get one of those Ultra Strong series rackets from Li Ning. Look for rackets that last so you can learn to play without worry. Like US from Li Ning or DG from Yonex.

Get a 4u if you're worried about weight or injuries or whatever but DO NOT get a 5u. Yes an experienced guy will hit well with any racket be it 5u or not but 5u will allow you to get away with terrible technique and bad grips etc because it's too easy on the hand sometimes.

Learn on a 4u or a 3u. Don't look too much into it and don't go for rackets with extreme specs.

If not, then Apacs 4u is also a good try since they're really flexible.

11. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Basically you can smash with any racket.
    It just that how strong & how is your feel on impact is different for each racket.

Assuming you are still green as you claim, dont think to much on those detail. My advice is just get flex/mid flex, slight heavy head, 3U/4U racket, 22lbs string tension & focus on your training to improve your strength & technique. You can look for any brand (Yonex, Lining, Victor, Apacs, Mizuno, Hiqua, Maxbolt, Flypower, etc.) & just ignore all the high tech cool looking of marketing word as it really really insignificant on your early stage.

After your strength & technique improve then you can increase your string tension or if you start with flex, you might want to move to mid flex. After that you can try different racket (head heavy, balance, head light) to find your own style that suit you.

Bieffe and tibbers94 like this.
  12. namcho

namcho New Member

Any ~40-50$ Apacs will be good for beginners. They are almost all flex, even balance, and more importantly, they are cheap. As a beginner, you will clash a lot, so there is no point of getting a high or even mid-end racquet.
    I started with an Apacs, and I'm still using it now when playing with a beginner or a all-the-shots-are-mine partner.

13. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    If you are new to badminton and play since 3 month, you should look for proper shoes first, than racket. I get often asked by beginners to recommend a decent racket. I always say the same: Not too light, not too stiff, and cheap.

You play since 3 month. You play doubles. Beside the struggle to learn the right technique and the right positioning and tactics, you will often play with inexperienced players like yourself. Racket will clash and die. Get a cheap one, buy decent shoes and focuse on learning.

swsh likes this.