Adidas is back? (2019)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pughon, Jun 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. pughon

pughon Regular Member

#1 pughon, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  2. dickography

dickography Regular Member

recently using their 2018 released Wucht P3 and Kalkul A2.. their build and paint finishing quality is very good, similar to lining..

3. deepinthemusic

deepinthemusic Regular Member

Just purchased spieler a09 for a really nice deal.... Cant wait to string and test it

4. basingcraig

basingcraig Regular Member

That's interesting, I picked up my AdiZero Pro racket last night and really enjoyed using it

Is their a racket chart for the 2019 rackets?

Hopefully their shoes will also be coming to the UK market

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

5. pughon

pughon Regular Member

There is a table here https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo.../adidas-badminton-racquets-2018.176494/page-5
    For shoes, you can try pdhsport or directbadminton. Must say they are too colourful to me :confused:

6. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

I wonder if they changed their stringing pattern to something more normal

7. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Which model do you have in mind? My Adizero Pro, Adipower Duo and Wucht P1 have pretty normal patterns to me.

8. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

I was going to find a way to get a couple adidas rackets to Canada. I was told by many many people that they are a complete pain in the butt to string. So after asking around they said the patterns were different on adidas then any other.

I am talking about the 2017/18 models though. I was looking at the P8 and Uber5

9. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Ok, but I cannot agree with those rumors you have heard of.
    Certainly it may can differ slightly between models, but overall Adidas use pretty much standard Yonex patterns, so I dont think you have to worry about that if you want to buy Adidas rackets. I also looking to buy the P8, and if then I promise to confirm you about the pattern.

#9 Super85, Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  10. decoy

decoy Regular Member

It's been a long time since I've strung my Adipower Pro, but doesn't it have a few extra holes. Like a 78 hole pattern or something? It wasn't any more difficult to string, just a random difference someone might not expect if they didn't check first.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

11. Esteban

Esteban Regular Member

The new series do have weird patterns, at least the ones that I've done.
    But, the racquets come with a nice booklet of all their patterns...that you need to pay close attention to.

I personally have the Uberschall F5 which is their "74 Aero" pattern and if you follow their pattern, the mains tie off *before* doing the last/outer mains, then you do like 4 crosses up, then *up* the last left-side main, across to the last right-side main, *down* the last right-side main to where you "interrupted" the crosses, continue the crosses up until where you crossed to finish the mains, skip over that cross and finish the last few crosses.

The other new one I did was the Spieler F9(I think), which is an 80 hole puzzle with its own pattern that is different than the old Victor 80 hole pattern.

What seems to make the patterns strange is where the decided to put the various "extra" holes differs from Yonex pattern-friendly.
    They also have differing string densities where there isn't necessarily a consistent distance between strings so if you eye-ball it, you may end up with strings that are not parallel(but should be).

Perhaps the patterns are a variation on a known pattern(but unknown to me), but it certainly isn't the Yonex patterns....would it matter if you forced a Yonex pattern in there....probably not, but I have their pattern book so I follow it.

The "old" Adidias racquets(AdiPower, AdiZero) did not have strange patterns and I just used the Yonex patterns.

FYI, there is a Canadian distributor: https://murkgroup.ca/products/
    They don't seem to have all the models, but that's where I go my F5.
    I ordered from their website, but it was fulfilled by Amazon.ca, so I guess Amazon is also a Canadian distributor.

Super85 likes this.
  12. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

I have to get that Ubershall F5 now!;)

13. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

I was wondering if anyone knew the Adidas comparable racket to the AX88S or the JS12?

I enjoy slightly head heavy but nothing crazy that is only for singles. I mainly play doubles but even balance/headlight usually isn't enough punch.

14. pughon

pughon Regular Member

You can check the link in #5 to compare the U, balance point and stiffness. Hopefully you can find a suitable racket. ;)

15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

They were targetting to enter the European market around July/August 2019 and it seems as if they would stick to their original plan. Rumours are that they (which is the real Adidas company this time) have hired a former Yonex marketing guy to take care of the European business. So let's see how players will respond. The qualiy of the rackets are definitely competitive with other premium brands, so it will mostly be a matter of pricing and the right marketing.

Saru and Super85 like this.
  16. xgumbyx

xgumbyx Regular Member

The Ubershall F5 is a really good racket (aside from its string pattern, but that's from a stringers point of view and not a knock on its playability). I have the Wucht P8, Wucht P5, Ubershall F5, and some of the cheaper options. I originally bought the P5 as it was the top option from the Canadian distributor (Murk Group) at the time. I liked it enough to buy a second and I used the two P5s 95% of the time. I then bought a P8 to try and while I like it I don't find it hugely different from the P5 as far as my on court results go, it's a good racket and I enjoy using it but since for me the playability is close to the P5. At that time the P8 was my go-to racket but I didn't bother getting a second as I could always just switch to a P5 if I break a string during a session being that they are so similar. I then bought an Uberschall F5 and loved it so I bought a second. Currently everything else sits in my bag unused aside from the F5s.

17. Tennyson

Tennyson Regular Member

The rackets are impressive but hasn't seen any marketing nor distribution at all in South East Asia and Australia. Anyone knows their marketing strategies and direction?

basingcraig likes this.
  18. pughon

pughon Regular Member

The post #15 had some information about their strategy. Probably last year they just released limited amount in Asia for feedback. As far as I search, there are some available online in Thailand, Hong Kong and Korea ebay.
    But they are really coming to EU, they have ranges of new strings, shuttles, grips, bags too. Hopefully the same in Asia.

19. basingcraig

Central sports are saying they will be available mid August, I'll be picking up an F5

20. basingcraig

Central Sports are now selling there rackets for anybody who is interested