APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. TigerSmash

TigerSmash Regular Member

It’s unfortunate about the grip size! Other than that I would order from Asia any day, imo this assailant pro is very user friendly and 38lbs, can’t complain!

Ps anyone know the release date of 3u version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

It is inconsistent too. I have 2 identical Lethal 10 except for the grip sizes. Both UK sourced, 1 G4 from Central Sports, 1 G2 from the local APACS rep.
    The APACS rep turned out to be cheaper and quicker than buying from Asia when he does a special deal or demo day event. They should all come from the same UK distributor anyway.

3. Doubles_only21

Doubles_only21 New Member

Hi, im looking for a replacement for my apacs ziggler 525 since i wrecked it from a clash. Im looking for a review for the honor 500 but couldnt find any. The h500 specs is really similar with the h200 which they dont sell it in my country for some reason. Oh and I also have a tantrum200ii which I keep in the bag for a while coz i hurt my wrist after excessive wrist smashes.

4. Tec07

Tec07 Regular Member

Does it have a noticable head weight? I found the z ziggler almost felt pretty even balanced which was suprising

5. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Saw a range of new Apacs racket at my local badminton shop. These are the new Apacs Versus series of rackets (Versus 33, 55 and 77) all selling at rm69 per unit. Dry swing on the 55 and 77 was quite good because of the fast swing frames. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this racket.

6. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Lead tape would solve the head weight issue nice and easy, much better than the Yonex E-tune.

Tec07 and Martynas like this.
  7. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Most of us here have owned more than 10 apacs and i believe most would tell you not to waste time and money on cheapo Apacs. I got those for my kids to abuse and now even my 12 yrs old is playing Lethal 60II and never looks back to his Nano Fusion 722, he told me his old racket sucks.

Lian likes this.
  8. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

just pro one would be stiffer and more stable as well, thus the price much higher, but still cheap :) still hard to believe how cheap assailant/commander is. especialy considering how much you get.

9. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Thanks for the input bro. I used to own 2 Apacs classics - Virtuoso Performance and Tantrum 200ii. Great powerful rackets but the 3U weight got too much of me so i eventually I sold them off. I think the cheaper Apacs range will have question marks on vibration and hitting feel.

10. iAmVDII

iAmVDII New Member

Ohhhhh my... Lots of Apacs racket...

Anyways, I'm interested in getting a few to try it out (Honor 200, Pro Commander and Assailant pro).

Any idea how I could get one of each? I'm located in the U.S.

11. thereaperl

thereaperl New Member

Look at the color of Assailent Pro, I just image it similar to Yonex 70 etune.
    Not sure whether they are the same features or not. :D

12. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

I was wait for your review. I want to experience an Apacs racket but I didn't know anything about this brand.

I've read the information of "Pro Commander and Assailant pro" already but I quite hesitate because it's a slightly head heavy racket. (My mindset is to buy a racket with <290 mm balanced point).

13. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

I dunno about these new apacs but i would recommend virtuoso performance anytime. Great fast racket with substantial solid head for sone good smashing. Just fund the right string and tension for it.

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

14. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

That's right. But is there any topic of it (right string for rackets) that you know ?

I satisfy with my 2 rackets (Nanoray z speed and nanoflare 700), now I want to buy an apacs racket that is fastest of apacs and close to my rackets ^-^. My mindset is "defence first" so that the fastest racket that can give me the highest defensive capacity is best fit racket to me.

Ko/Shin brought me here by their impressive win in Astralia Open. ^-^

#6954 terrynguyen121988, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  15. badmintony

I don't have links to the discussions here about rackets and strings but you can find quite a lot of them.

IME the virtuoso performance strung with aerosonic or zymax 66 firepower at 26lbs is superb for defence and attack. But that's probabky just me. And no matter what, don't get simply carried away by what you see are being marketed by companies or endorsed by pros. You have to try the racket yourself and find out if it will suit you well.

justforfun and terrynguyen121988 like this.
  16. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

The Lethal 10 is a cheap option for an experiment. Head light, not too stiff, aero frame. Very fast.

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  17. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

I wouldn't say virtuoso performancr is the best for defense, but attack surely once of the best i have used. Due to its 3u weight (88g), it can be quite difficult for a quick swing/drive during defense. Having said this, its diamond shape frame manages to offset some of the weight. Its head heavy spec provides strong momentum for powerful smashes.

18. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I agree. It is a decent racket. But as new materials and tech are used in racket construction now, I much prefer 4u rackets. (maybe cos of getting older too ). The 4u rackets are faster in defence while not sacrificing as much in power. The shaft in AVP is also more flexible = less control. That's just my observation.

19. badmintony

I never had an issue with AVP's weight for defense or fast exchanges. I feel it's as easy to wield as some 4Us that i've tried before but with more weight and solidity on the head. It all boils down to one' skills i believe. I'm also thinking it's probably due to my getting used to a VT80 3U before for doubles

20. Peng88s

Peng88s Regular Member

Anyone tried LHI PRO 2 ?