Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I like this picture it's like Before & After or Spot the Differences kind of thing :D

[​IMG]

ebcd likes this.
  2. inthisspace

inthisspace New Member

I noticed during service, Marcus seems to have the habit of starting low with his racket, and then subsequently raising the angle slowly, before suddenly moving both the racket and the angle upwards when he serves. He seldom gets called for any service fault though.

It does seem like a very fine line to thread and could be a service fault. Kevin has this motion too, but his is not so bad/obvious as Marcus'

Anyone else noticed this?

3. wade

wade Regular Member

Don't worry, everyone notice this since like in 2017 :D I remember someone posted a picture of marcus serving and it's literally on chest high lol

Kevin has the same motion but I don't think it's as high as marcus, I don't think it's more than 1.15 m

#3863 wade, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

LOL It's really hard to ignore when even Steen's literally kept commenting on those.. "Wow, that's really high.." :D He is lucky that the service judges are still human beings.

Kevin's services are mostly legal, he only raised his racket head above the legal line after he hit the shuttle to add some spin to it.

5. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

Can't wait for japan open, I really like the venue there...and overall just more enjoyable tournament than indonesia open :)

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Me too! I do hope minions will proceed to final in Japan Open. Can't wait to see minions play!!

MezzL likes this.
  7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Gideon no problem with 115cm these days. If LiLiu is not faulted , let alone Gideon. So lets just let them play.

Service errors and service faults decide the match imo especially in G1 (at least 4 points gifted?). I think AhsanHendra had a good chance to win today so i guess its Minions blessing to win.

8. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

Kevin has 21 world tour titles already, and he's only 23. won the WC and the olympics and he'll be one of best MD player ever. long way to go though :D

9. minions

minions Regular Member

Has been a pleasant experience to watch minions vs daddies live at Istora. I am glad that minions can win. The match is really a high pace one with all of them give it their all. Minions are as marvelous as ever.

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

That must have been great to watch them live.

Btw, did you sing along with the crowd too? haha

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

He ll be 24 in few weeks time but yeah 21 SS titles and counting and considering this is MD where its so competitive, its huge.

I think Kevin strength is he is not too downbeat if he didnt win a tournament. His finals record is 21-3.. Haha 21-3.. remind me of that, but for him its nicer to have 21-3 Finals record.

12. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

That's amazing, never realize he has that many titles already. anyone know how many SS titles LYD had when he was on the same age as kevin ?

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Must be around the same? Just that Kevin earns much more compared to 6-8 years ago ( even taking into account the inflation ). so much more opportunities (media, fame if you are superstar) these days. Thats why WR1 status is important.

14. minions

minions Regular Member

No, I didn't sing. I am normally quiet and reserved. I tend to watch in silent. The crowds are full, even some peoples sat on the stairs (though there are some empty seats on other categories). As I have repeatedly move in and out from the stadium, I ended up watching the minions match near the stairs. Because of how crowded the stadium is, I was not bothered to find a seat at all. Just being able to watch the match clearly is enough.

In the end, I really like how the minions and daddies bring their kids to the stadium, though Kevin is still single, so he doesn't have any. :D

15. minions

minions Regular Member

Here is the big family of MD players.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

melon94, visor and Tec07 like this.
  16. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

hendra's youngest son look like liu yuchen :D

i think minions played better in the semifinal, they look pretty nervous yesterday especially in game 1.

17. minions

minions Regular Member

No wonder Liu Yuchen, aka Ryuchen, is being called as the oldest son of Hendra. :D

melon94 likes this.
  18. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    If the Minions win the Olympics, Marcus also should be considered as one of the greatest right? He has won everything what Kevin has won so far, because ofcourse he is his partner .

Play hard. Train harder.

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

He is being let down by his high services :p:p

20. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    Don't forget that one French Open title back in the day with Markis Kido, he have more titles than Kevin haha