2019 Victor Racquets (TK BXR, TK FC, AuraSpeed and more)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Okaharu, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

I really hope it has a faster frame else I would have rather gone with the Duora Z Strike. I kinda fell in love with the feeling of the 4U after I tried it. But then I said maybe the 90K will be better. :(

2. aiexrlder

aiexrlder Regular Member

I'm in China atm so easily able to get one, cost around 120 pounds.

3. |v@n

|v@n Regular Member

Had around 2 hours on my 4U ARS90K. I went with the 4U because i managed to dry swing my friend's 3U and it felt heavier and slower than my 3U JS12. my 4U only felt slightly lighter than the 3U JS12.. however, my biggest surprise is that when playing.. i didn't really felt the weight... its really weird.. i don't know how to explain it, but the racket felt really fast. so much so that i was mistiming my shots. which is really weird, because, there's really not much in weight difference. The head weight is noticeable although well distributed. The JS12 felt a little more HH. The stiffness really stands out. this really felt stiffer than the BS12 and JS12.

power wise.. i would say that for a 4U, it's a pretty darn powerful racket. sorry can't share more as i'm still familiarizing with it. I've a feeling that i may regret not getting the 3U.. :D

Quentin11 likes this.
  4. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Got my racket today - ARS-90K (4U). I will not play with it until Sunday.

However, I did some dry clear swing, dry smash swing and wall drill for 15mins.

On the dry clear and smash swing, I was disappointed to the D that it did not feel any faster than my AX88D (3U) or my VZF2 (3U). Hell, it did not feel like a 4U racket. It feels head heavy. I've barely been swinging 4U rackets, my muscles are used to 3U rackets and any previous time I swung 4U rackets, they felt like toys. But not this one, it feels solid, it feels heavy and it does not feel any much faster.

I was like Yonex is soooooo good with its Aero+Box frame.

However, when I did the wall drill it was completely different. Still did not feel like a 4U! but it was damn fast!!! The shaft feels properly stiff. It is a very responsive racket all I can say.

I just cannot wait to try it on court. But I still don't know if it will turn out to be what I was looking for. One thing is for sure, it does not feel as easy as the DZS (4U) I tried when it comes to full swings. But let's see.

|v@n likes this.
  5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Judging a racket by dry swings is like revving a car in neutral and then trying to rate how is goes around corners.

boby and yoman like this.
  6. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

I think you missed that part.

7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Nope, haven't missed it. No real on-court action happening there as well.

8. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Read plz. Just after that I said that I still don't know if it will turn out to be what I wanted.

I think it is quite obvious that you cannot judge a racket by dry swinging it. But you can have an idea of the balance and how fast it swing.

To put your own example in perspective, I can rev a V6 and a V8 engine and still know which one is which. I can rev two different cars and know which engine revs more freely or revs faster. Just the like by dry swinging a racket I can get a feeling of which racket can swing faster or more precisely which racket I can swing faster. It is up to my personal ability.

It is obvious that a car having a better engine does not necessarily mean it will corner better. A Bugatti Chiron's engine produces more power than a current Formula 1 power unit but the Formula 1 would destroy the Chiron on track.

So it is obvious that a racket can swing faster or slower or is lighter or heavier but you will not know how it performs until you play with. And a racket is just a tool, I have to see how I play with it, if it is indeed what I was looking for or not.

I hope you've got your answer now.

9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Mate, just chill. I know what you're coming from. But still, that was one of the longest "reviews" without any on-court experience that I can remember. Looking forward to reading some more once you've actually used it properly.

Quentin11 likes this.
  10. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Dzs doesn't have 4U.. did you mean 3U?

Daniel Lo, s_mair and yoman like this.
  11. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Ok I checked with my friend who own it and he said 3U. Sorry my bad.

12. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    Where did you buy it? In Asia??

aiexrlder likes this.
  13. skullz3128

skullz3128 New Member

Hi all,
    Think of swapping my N9II with a TKF-Claw and was wondering is there any feedback from owners of the TKF-C? Main reason for me to do this is that I'm starting to find the HH of the N9II a bit too demanding. I have another 90IV TD edition which I find easier to play with at the moment.

I've never used/tried a Victor racket before so I have no idea of how it plays. I'm just afraid that coming from the N9II or 90IV that I might find the TKF-C a bit too lacking in terms of power. I know it's supposed to be a HH racket but I've read that it feels more towards being even balanced? Any feedback would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

ocm001 likes this.
  14. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I currently play with N9ii and gave TK FC 4U a try and I can assure you that TK FC feels a lot stiffer and is really harder to play

TK FC felt like a wooden plank, it is one of the hardest feeling racquet I played with.

15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Haven't played the TK-FC yet, but if you're looking for a slightly less head heavy and super easy to play racket from Victor, then look if you can still find a TK7000S(N). I bought it only out of pure TTY-fanboy'ism (and because the price was ridiculously low...) but the more time I've spent with it, the more I got the feeling like this is a truly hidden treasure and one of the best rackets that Victor has ever released. I still love my N9II/N7II siblings, but the TK7000SN plays in the same league and is slightly easier to use.

And reading that "plank" comment, I'm dead sure that TTY is still swinging that old bat in TK-FC colors. And be assured that I will do my very best to deliver any sort of evidence in that regard if I see TTY playing at the upcoming WC. Let's just hope that she reaches the semi-finals this time.

#655 s_mair, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Sumanth99, speCulatius and Swat like this.
  16. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Planks are awesome.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

s_mair likes this.
  17. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

i concur...

18. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

I wood agree.

Nauroa, It'sMeMeMe and Ch1k0 like this.
  19. skullz3128

skullz3128 New Member

Yeah..I'm also looking at the TKF-C out of pure fanboy-ism :)
    Thanks for the feedback though..I don't think I'll pull the trigger for now ...

20. JEFFRY HARTANTO

JEFFRY HARTANTO New Member

Any opinion on ARS-90K vs. ARS-CY edition? I heard 90K is stiffer..