Voltric z force 2 vs astrox 88d

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Ayush Shah, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Ayush Shah

Ayush Shah Regular Member

Hi guys, i have been an higher intermediate at club level,playing badminton since 3 years.
    Till now i have used voltric 7,arcsaber 6,7 11 and few apacs rackets.
    I bought arcsaber 11 last year but it just didn't suit my playing style.The smashes were weak.I play doubles only.
    Now i have a doubt whether i should buy astrox 88d 4u or voltric z force 2 4u.(for doubles)
    I haven't tried any of the above rackets and i can buy only one of them.
    I am in a dilemma which one to buy.(From where i stay,the shops don't give rackets ti try before buying,so i solely depend on the reviews i find on internet.)
    Granted each player has his own likes/dislikes about each racket,but can someone suggest any one of these rackets if he has tried any of them.I just want your opinion guys.
    Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

2. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

I own a zf2 and i am trying to sell it. I feel unless u have the proper swinging technique for smash zf2 is not going to help u. For zf2 I strongly believe a proper badminton training is a must to use it.

I cant comment on astrox as i have not used it.

If ur willing to buy zf2 PM me i can sell it for Rs 8500 INR. Including courier charges. Mine is a 7 days old brand new racket and omly played 3 games with it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

From list of racket you own, which one do you like the most & what you feel lack from it?

4. Ayush Shah

I pretty much like apacs dual power speed ,apacs accurate 77 and voltric 7.
    I don't know why,but arcsaber 11 just doesn't suit my game.Also my smashes become considerably weaker on using arcsaber 11.
    From what i felt,arcsaber 11 requires more wrist strength/movement for smash rather than just forearm rotation.

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Dont own ZF2 but from what i hear & read the spec, its super stiff, super head heavy, & super small frame which is very very unforgiving racket.

If you like VT7, maybe AX88D might suit you. But 4U/3U is kinda your own preference. I have play with myfriend 4U 88D but kinda feel little less punching. But its me who like 3U head heavy racket.

Another input as you also own some Apacs, why dont you look for AVP. Many great word & prise for it & i myself kinda interest on it.

Ayush Shah likes this.
  6. Ayush Shah

Actually i really like apacs rackets as they offer great value for the money.
    Actually i had tried apacs virtuoso performance (my friend's) but it weighed 93 gms after string and basic rubber grip.
    Imo it was kinda heavy for doubles.
    Though i must say the smashes were thunderous,but 93 gms for doubles is not my cup of tea.
    That's the reason i am more into 4u rackets..but i hope in a few years I'll be able to use 3u rackets. :)
    Bdw how are the smashes on astrox88d? And how is the front court performance?

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

88D 4u still able to give some good punch, well as i said just little less punch compare to my favourite 3U. Also comparing to myfriend head light 4U Maxbolt racket that feel really hollow for me. So its still acceptable for me, just my mind saying if its 3U it would be better:D. For maouverable is still ok for me considering its 4U which definitely faster than 3U, but im more of back player than front player.

no need to worry about 3U or 4U. Unable to play 3U doesnt mean bad. Each player have different physical attribute. Maybe if we actually meet, you might be better than me. Who knows, & Im just grow as a hulk power type but not quite fast/agile. So doesnt mean im better just coz im able to use 3U;)

8. YoonSoAh

YoonSoAh Regular Member

Tried my friend's ZF2 3U 2years ago, too stiff, too sluggish, and smol sweet spot (for me that is). It's as if she roped me to a femdom, even if she's a smolhead xD

This is considering I played singles only, so if u are on doubles, God knows what'd happen even if u used 4U ZF2.

My bet would be on Astrox 88D 4U (considering it's designed, catered and marketed to doubles). If u dislike it then either use Victor Powerizer or trade w/ the 3U version xD

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DB using Tapatalk

9. MoonJogger

MoonJogger Regular Member

My Astrox 55 is 5u (78g). With string and 1 layer of overgrip its 88g now.

My duora 55 is 4u (83g). With string and 1 layer of grip its 93g now.

So your friends apacs must be a 4u if its weight 93g with string and grip. I believe its a VERY VERY HEAD HEAVY racket, thats why you feel the racket is kinda heavy. Z2f and astrox 99 will feel the same.

88d will not feel as heavy as those rackets, but its still a very head heavy racket. Astrox 88s or 77 might suits you better.

Oh yes, i feel my smash is weaker too with arcsabers and duora. They are even balance rackets. But you might want to try the yonex power balance sticker to adjust the balance point, but I tried it on my duora, its still better to use a real head heavy rackets like the astroxs.

Oh if you like a fast racket with head heavy balance, I suggest the astrox 55 and put a couple of power balance stickers on the head. It will become a very light weight head heavy beast. I really love mine.

Sent from my SM-A750GN using Tapatalk

10. Kikuhito Senshi

Kikuhito Senshi Regular Member

project manager
    I went for the original Voltric 80 (very head heavy) to the ZF2. I wouldn't call the ZF2 head heavy, at least, not in comparison to the V80. The head on the ZF2 is a lot smaller than the V80.

11. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    It's not the racket it's the player :D:D:D:D:D:D

Holyseraphy, YoonSoAh and Cheung like this.
  12. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

Astrox 88D is much more user friendly, I believe that the ZF 2 is too slow and stiff for most players to use to the full potential, you need a lot of time and swing speed in order to get maximum power out of the shot.

13. Rommel Alastra

Rommel Alastra Regular Member

I own an 88D 4U. I help a ZF2 U4. my 88D feels heavier overall. has anyone tried comparing the weight as well same as I did?

#13 Rommel Alastra, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019