TOTAL BWF World Championships 2019 : SEMIFINAL & FINAL (24-25 August)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Aug 23, 2019.

1. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Gopichand has already said PV Sindhu will be a marked player at Tokyo 2020. I don't see Sindhu resting on her laurels. Sindhu is determined to work hard and is getting ready for tougher challenges ahead.

Sustaining high pace consistently like Marin Carolina is dangerous and not recommended as injuries happen. We still don't know how long it will take for Marin to return and what her form will be in the future. Sindhu has a good record against Akane Yamaguchi though she lost the last 2 matches. I am sure she will have a strategy in place next time.

Chen Yu Fei, Tai Tzu Ying are definitely going to go hard against Sindhu. Sindhu will work on improving her skills. Exciting matches ahead! :)

arjevo, samkool, mohans and 3 others like this.
  2. Airos

Airos Regular Member

I am just saying that Sindhu has to be careful.

The way she was playing, she is the likeliest gold medalist at Tokyo for me.
    But...
    that's still a long time away and she can't take it lightly.

badmuse and Anks like this.
  3. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

It seems as if you have forgotten that Sindhu almost lost to TTY in this WC.

TTY can definitely challenge Sindhu. Carolina Marin is a very strong championship player. And NO and AY must be very hungry to beat Sindhu. If they can use the home court at the Olympics to their advantage, they could be very dangerous as well. I expect the Tokyo venue to be whatever NO and AY prefer.

Gacon1234star and wade like this.
  4. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

L
    I cant agree with all these 'slow hall' 'fast hall' concepts. Because whenever Sindhu wins a tournament , all Denmark people start to talk about hall conditions. For me, it is just a 10% of total outcome. Unless you have a clear strategy or you have a draw which suits you or even if you dont have favourite draw ( like sindhu had) you need to have that determination to win ( otherwise she wont enter every finals) , I predicted sindhu in finals few months back when some poster @j4kie mentioned that it is difficult for her when Tai and other stronger players are there. See what happened. So , hall conditions are only 10% when all other things I mentioned fill those remaining.

Anks likes this.
  5. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    I havent forgotten anything not the straight sets victory over TTY at the Olympics and also not the last year World Tour Final where she beat TTY in similar fashion.

Carol PVS' best friend is undoubtedly one of the best Obviously you have to be the best to be the World Champ and she is one However with injury and surgery I will see how fast she could get her pace back.

TTY and PVS are two new nemesis...AY and NO are not that much of a threat with Kim Ji Hyun as PVS new coach who has now unleashed Sindhu's full utilization of her hieght will make it hard esepcially for Shorter players to Cope with the Tallest World Champion and her near 400 KMPH smashes.

So I still put TTY at front before NO and AY

6. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Well bro let the haters talk they just come up with excuses because they themselves dont hve any Current World Champion lol

7. Anks

Anks Regular Member

8. Anks

Anks Regular Member

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I haven’t seen the whole match, only some highlights, but PVS definitely pushed up the speed stakes. She was taking the shuttle earlier and jumping sideways better. Rather like how doubles players play. It can be negated by a deceptive opponent which explains why TTY troubled her more.

arjevo and Anks like this.
  10. Anks

Anks Regular Member

11. Hassefar60

I cannot speak for others. I never mentioned it before. Hall conditions are a topic on Danish TV in every tournament. All the Danish players agree that it affects the game significantly.

Well predicted! But your argument seems to support my suggestion: That PVS benefited from the hall conditions. If these WC19 had been played in the Malaysia Open venue, same draw, TTY would most likely have won. PVS only barely clinched G2.

yuquall and wade like this.
  12. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Well She is the Champion people can say about hall,wind,venue,past matches or wahtever they want the reality that matters is that she displayed for the first time to the world HOW TO DESTROY an Opponent within 37 Minutes in the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS admitted by the well experienced Gillian.

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Including Morten?:eek:

wade likes this.
  14. Hassefar60

We all have different opinions about who the 'haters' are though. But turning this discussion into a "haters gonna hate" thing is not very impressive. As far as I know this board is meant for discussion. We don't have to agree.

I couldn't care less if we have a current World Champion. We are 5.6 million people. We shouldn't have one.

It'sMeMeMe, LenaicM and Cheung like this.
  15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    This article merely takes recycles information from another article and tries to elaborate the information with a bit of guesswork. And then passes it off as a journalistic piece of writing. Not impressed.

LenaicM likes this.
  16. Hassefar60

Add draw and injuries to that list. And you are right. Whatever people say, PVS is the WC19. And she deserves it!
    But that is not the same as saying that those factors have no influence at all.

And don't get me wrong. I like PVS a lot. She is kind and down to earth.

LenaicM and Anks like this.
  17. Anks

Anks Regular Member

I was referring to the person the earlier poster had in his comment..its not for you lolz

18. Hassefar60

Wasn't that me ? :D

Anks likes this.
  19. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Na na an Indian poster had commented about other dane commentators talking about Court atmostphere and stuff and he tagged someones name like @ somthing you can check it out back there it must be there.

You are my friend How could I say that about you !! :)

20. Anks

Anks Regular Member

This one @j4kie <<<