2019 Victor Racquets (TK BXR, TK FC, AuraSpeed and more)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Okaharu, Aug 27, 2018.

1. ThangPham

ThangPham New Member

Does anyone know about 90k balance point?

2. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

Saw someone measured around 295 mm with shrink wrap and without string.

ThangPham likes this.
  3. Clintvb

Clintvb Regular Member

Carpenter
    I just ordered my 90K. I’ll give it a balance point check when I get it. I’ll have to wait for a restring to do it dry.
    Hopefully I got a pretty head heavy version. I’m looking for a aerodynamic (bravesword shape-ISH) 4U with a dry BP of 310. I know the 90K might not be this racket but I hope it’s a close option

4. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Finally played with my ARS90K 4U today.

Loads of mishits with the ARS90K as I am coming from AX88D.

As far as I know, it responds better to my deceptions. It does what I intend to do.

Although I made a mistake of playing with the stock grip. I'll just remove it and go with my usual setup for next time.

At the moment, i'm not able to generate any more power than my AX88D 3U. But let's see.

#664 Quentin11, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  5. Arbalest

Arbalest New Member

What are the differences you have noticed between ARS90K and AX88D?

I imagine that AX88D 3U has more head heaviness than ARS90K 4U (in term of balance, is ARS90K more near the bp from an AX88D 3U or a raquet like ARC10/11? or any other racket you have already played (Yonex if possible as I had played lot of them)

Same question regarding the speed of the racket in action (near a AX88D or totaly different etc / which racket is the nearest?)

I am currently checking for a new racquet
    > I oftenly play with an ARC10 and Duora 10 3U and I am looking for something kind of similar or with a little more head heaviness.
    I have also played with AX88S and D in the past.

What is for you the racquet which is nearest the ARS90K?

6. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

I can't answer this question accurately right now. I haven't played enough with it, the stock grip was very slippery and the size of the grip is not my cup of tea (my AX88D has G6 and this one has the equivalent of G4 in Yonex).

Correction: I just changed the stock grip to put my setup which is simply Yonex overgrips over the wood. And the size is similar to a G5. The racket with the new setup went from 87g to 82g, so I shaved off 5g just from the grip. This should make the balance feels more to the head. I can't wait to try it again.

I had too many mishits and I had no sound from my smashes despite using Aerobite compared to BG66 UM on AX88D which meant I was not hitting cleanly. As I said, only my deceptions were much better lol. And yeah of course, less toll on my wrist and shoulder but that's 4U.

#666 Quentin11, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  7. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

You should get the 3u version since you're coming from 88D 3u. Total swing speed difference between 3u and 4u racket. To add on, 88D is definitely more hh than 90k. This will make the comparison worst. Totally 2 different racket

8. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

I was just curious to see if I'm able to better tame a 4U racket! But based on the experience on Sunday, it seems like I made a mistake. But let's give it more time.

9. Clintvb

Clintvb Regular Member

Carpenter
    Got my 4UG5 ARS-90K in the mail. At first glance head looks slightly narrower than the 90S, but also could be a funky string job. I can feel the head weight. Unfortunately I did not have the luxury of ordering it unstrung, so my first measurement of BP was
    Factory grip+plastic (BG 80 strings) 309
    Factory grip removed (BG 80 strings) 327
    Factory grip removed, yonex 1 layer super grap (BG 80 strings) 315

Will play with it tomorrow and see how it goes.

10. Beantunk

Beantunk New Member

hi, anyone here ever tried the 80X ?

11. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Seeing that made me want to measure the BP of my rackets too. I used a rather layman method of measuring, i.e. I put the racket on the flat post of my bed and made sure the rackets were balancing at exactly the middle point. I made a mistake at first as the flat area is fairly wide and the rackets could balance nearer to the extremes. However, I corrected that taking a good look at it by leveling myself at the same height of the bed post.

And I am very surprised with the results to the point that i'm not even sure if the results were good at all. So I took the measurements three times for each rackets and the results were exactly the same:

Yonex Voltric Z Force II (3UG4) - Factory Grip removed and added Yonex Wet Super Grip AC102 (at 75% stretched and cut) - BP 317 mm

Yonex Astrox 88D (3UG5) - Factory Grip removed and added Yonex Wet Super Grip AC102 (Full length) - BP 311 mm

Victor Auraspeed 90 K (4UG5) - Factory Grip removed and added Yonex Wet Super Grip AC102 (at 75% stretched and cut) - BP 320 mm

I'm quite shocked by the result of the VZF2 which I thought would be easily the HHeaviest. But it turns out that the ARS90K is the HH?? I removed and weighted the factory grip and it was a whopping 8 grams. I guess taking that weight from the handle really did change the balance point as the Wet Super Grip was only 3 grams. The whole racket went from 87 grams to 82 grams.

The VZF2 having such a low BP could be the G4 grip????

But if the BP @Clintvb mentioned when the ARS90K had the Factory Grip is correct then the BP of the racket wouldn't be too far from the BP of my AX88D with my current grip setup. Which means the additional weight i've been feeling from the AX88D is rather the more boxy frame and being 3U instead of having a higher BP???

I'll try both the AX88D and the ARS90K again today.

12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Box frame has greater air resistance. That as a result tricks you into thinking that a racket is actually heavier than it is. When in fact it is simply cutting through the air slower hence the need for greater strength in moving the frame. But let's not open that can of worms because if you do then head balance and shaft stiffness will all come into play as well. Very complicated.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

#672 Ch1k0, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    Junye and Quentin11 like this.
  13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Forget the balance point. The 90K is 4U so lighter overall, which still makes it less head heavy than the ZF2.

Measuring the head weight will give you better data to actually compare the head heaviness of several rackets.

Quentin11 and visor like this.
  14. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

So it is the difference between 4U and 3U then. Which means I might regret going for 4U.

15. llrr

llrr Regular Member

You should measure the head weight. A lot of racquets with lower overall weights have higher balance points to make up for it (look at LN). A 6U racquet with a bp of 330mm is not gonna be harder to use than a zf2.

Quentin11 likes this.
  16. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Okay so i've used the ARS90K (4U) more now.

It is a good racket but nothing more.

Clears are good
    Dropshots are good
    Netshots are okay
    Drives are good
    Smashes hmmmm not so good - but stick smash players will be happy
    Defensive shots are good
    Deceptions are great - it changes direction very quickly - stuff I tried with the AX88D and failed is now working.

To be honest, I prefer my AX88D (3U) and I will probably continue to use it instead of the ARS90K. I don't know. One very good side is that it is very gentle on my hand.

I mean when i'm physically fit, I see very little reason for me to use the ARS90K.

But I will give it more chance maybe I need to adapt. But my smashes are lacking in power and it's turning me very off :(:(:(

17. Hickton

Hickton Regular Member

18. llrr

llrr Regular Member

It's likely that the differences in specs is just too big and you aren't able to adapt between the two. I find that it takes a while, a few weeks at least, to adapt to completely different racquets

Quentin11 likes this.
  19. Clintvb

Clintvb Regular Member

Carpenter
    Well it is interesting the differences people come up with on BP tests. I asked the shop to test mine before mailing it and they said 295mm without strings, that means factory grip+plastic. The only reason I wanted to know BP is because I’m looking for a specific feel. And that helps me get close. I have used many different weight classes and know how they all behave with head weight. One day I will do some head weight measurements to more accurately define my tastes. I thought the 90k was perfect for me. No regrets about going 4U. In fact I think the 3U version is probably strictly a singles racket. which reminds me that the last racket that truly stood out to me was a 4U singles racket, the victor BS-LHI. Turns out my preference seems to lean toward aero-dynamic, head heavy (ish) 4U singles rackets. And by that I mean long shaft short handle. As those are the characteristics of singles rackets. Not that I measured the 90k. My one worry was that the 90K’s shaft would be too stiff, but it is perfect for the head weight. Almost feels like the 90S just more powerfull.

20. skullz

skullz New Member

How is the ARS90s different from the AX77? Thinking of getting a used one for a good price but afraid that it might be too similar to my AX77 judging that they are both slightly head heavy with mid-flex? Or am I completely wrong here?