2019 Victor Racquets (TK BXR, TK FC, AuraSpeed and more)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Okaharu, Aug 27, 2018.

1. phantan123

phantan123 Regular Member

Victor rackets have a completely different frame structure and therefore will feel different compared to yonex rackets. Also, ARS90S is much much stiffer than a 77, while head weight is roughly the same. If you can handle the extra stiffness then by all means go for it.

2. J the Bob

J the Bob New Member

Sorry for the hijack, but does anyone have any reviews for the thruster bxr? I'm thinking of going for an auraspeed 90k or tk bxr but there's almost no information about the bxr.

3. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

I've both ar90s and ax77. Both are different category racket. Ax77 is head heavy and 90s is headlight. 90s is much faster than ax77. I use them base on my opponent. I'll use 90s if I need to defend more and ax77 if I've got alot opportunity to attack.

4. skullz

skullz New Member

Thanks all for the replies. Its settled then, I'll be getting the 90s :D

5. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The carbon fiber handle on the BXR is a little strange! It took forever to remove the standard grip. Let's hope it's a great racket when i use it for the first time

J the Bob likes this.
  6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Rest assured mate. It's a great racket. The only real question is if it gels with you or not =P

Dave1011 likes this.
  7. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

I still can't get a satisfying full power smash with the ARS90K 4U. Stick smashes and hold/drive with it feels good.

I am also enjoying playing with it. I have more time on my hands. I feel more free. But it lacks power :(:(:(

8. Dhandapani

Dhandapani Regular Member

Auraspeed 90K and Auraspeed CY edition are same or any different is there??

9. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Perhaps the 3u would be a better choice for you. That's the difference trade-off between 3u Vs 4u. Power vs maneuverability.

10. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Weirdly, I had two jetspeed 12M 4U and they were nicely powerful and the power was easily accessible
    Right now I’ve got two jetspeed 12M 3U and even if for sure they have greater power potential it is so much more difficult to obtain !

11. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

90K is made in Taiwan and CY is made in China. They should be totally different.

Dhandapani likes this.
  12. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

I'm reverting to my AX88D (3U).

I don't really like the ARS90K, not my style at all. It is giving me sore shoulders and no power at all. People are getting my smashes on a regular basis. I'm unhappy.

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Lesson for the future: don't go from HH 3U to a balanced or HL 4U ;) it's quite tricky to get the same smashing power out of a lighter racket if you're not used to it. Next time you should try either a very HH racket in 4U or, if the racket is less HH than your current choice, stay with 3U unless youre okay with potentially spending several weeks adapting.

Leemarc28 likes this.
  14. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Definitely lesson for the future.

But the ARS90K 4U is more HH than my AX88D 3U or my VZF2 3U. And it is more aero too. But I guess the difference between 3U and 4U is too much to adapt that quickly.

I'm doing pretty good stick smashes and precise too. But my full power smashes are not putting any pressure. And i'm frequently finding myself being on the backfoot given that my full power smash did not do much damage.

I am also mishitting a lot ... i don't like the butt cap as it is too wide compared to Yonex so I am forced to hold the racket higher.

I'm hitting the frame on slice shots things which does not happen with the AX88D.

15. Daniel Lo

Daniel Lo New Member

Hi!

This is my personal opinion btw :D.
    Tried both 90K 4U and 3U.
    Like you, I came from Ax 88D. But I was using the 4U G5 version.

First impression, 90K 4U was extremely light, very easy to control, and very maneuverable. But as we all know, it lacks power due to the lightness of the frame. Even when we are comparing 88D 4U and 90K 4U, it’s pretty obvious when you swing it, 90K 4U is lighter. And also, I’m pretty sure you feel it too. There is a hollow feeling coming from the shaft. I wouldn’t say it’s unpleasant, but it feels hollow.

The 3U on the other hand, felt alot like BS12 3U, only stiffer. Feels firmer than both 90K 4U and BS 12 3U too. There is no hollow feeling.

Like BS 12, it is very easy to generate power, control is amazing too. It’s like a nice upgrade from BS 12. But given my limited time using it, my timing to give my best smash is not well calibrated yet :p. So I think currently my smash is still faster with 88D compared to this one.

Back to you, like the others said, I think it was a brave move from you to pick up a 4U Victor racket from an 88D 3U. The weight and feel are just too different. That said, if you give 90K 3U a shot, I think you might like it :D

Attached Files:

16. Michaelgtj

Michaelgtj Regular Member

I really like ax88D 4U... I already try as90s 4U dan as90k...and 2 of that is really good racket
    How about falcon claw 4U... Is that good for offence player like me who use 88D 4U?

17. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Yeah you are right. I think it was too much of a jump. One the racket is way more aero than the AX88D and it is a 4U. I tried to make it more head heavy but i don't know. I lack too much power and I am mishitting slices.

I just wish my AX88D had that matt painting on it.

18. Longbeans

Longbeans New Member

Hi would like to ask if anyone knows the head weight differences and the swing weight between 4U astrox 88s and 4U auraspeed 90K

Im actually finding something similar or lighter in weight than 88s .

19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Credits to Racquetforce...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Nauroa and Dhandapani like this.
  20. elderperez

elderperez New Member

Hello sorry if this is a noob question. I'm trying to find the difference between the Auraspeed 80x and the 90k. Looking for an even balance racket.