Carolina Marin: Spain

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by scuInd78, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Curvy

Curvy Regular Member

The world needs a player like her who can mix it up and upp the ante. How many female players have we seen in the history of the sport that can play as gutsy and aggressive like a matador? Itz a pity that her on court antics have limited her legendary status. She is actually a legend imo after winning the majors especially in relatively badminton shy Spain.

rhoder, Cheung, racketman123 and 2 others like this.
  2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Marin is reported to be not anxious to play at the Basel WC out of concerns for her health and is considering making a comeback in September as reported here http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2019-07-24/doc-ihytcitm4226280.shtml

She said her goal is the Tokyo Olympics, that's why she is thinking of not taking any risk playing the world championships, if she takes part she will go all out, if not, she will use the September world tour series to make a comeback.

(Let's wait and see if she'll play at the Basel WC).

Cheung likes this.
  3. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

entry deadline is jul 23rd. So play or not, she must already decided?

[​IMG]

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    9 months after surgery is about right. She definitely can’t play in world championships. It would risk another rupture.

But then it takes time to get back into the match mind, adjusting to conditions, building your physique to cope with demands of competition.

The Olympics are 3months too soon.

stanleyfm likes this.
  5. vozer here

she'll be back at vietnam open

6. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Olympic channel's Recent interview of my queen Carol about her injury and she also expresses how happy she is that her friend is the new Champion

https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/video/detail/exclusive-carolina-marin-announces-comeback-date/

This is the reason I couldnt resist having JointFav so not one I got 2 Queens.

Just a little wait more and as soon as SYQ destroys Momota at OG and WC and FukuRota destroy the Defending Champs...My Whole fav collection will be WORLD CHAMPs...Yasss !!

7. vozer here

8. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    First match after almost 8 months, losing to 55 rank player from Thailand in Vietnam. First game, CM was leading 15-7 before losing 22-24. Second game, CM was leading 18-14, then losing 20-22. The real tests will begin in China and Korea when facing NO and CYF in first round respectively.

9. llrr

llrr Regular Member

What, she went from dzs to nf700 which is head light 4U. Would've made more sense to go to nf800 3U...

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I think we can safely assume that Yonex is offering a 3U version for their sponsored pros, just like they did in the past with the Flashboosts... ;)

11. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    And more evidently like how Yonex is giving the AX99 of two different BP to the pros and customers.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

12. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Ax99 bp drop makes no sense to me. Look at how popular zf2 is and it's by far the most unforgiving racquet to use. There was no need to drop the bp of ax99s.

13. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Well it does show us the possibility of 3U or heck even a 2U NF700

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I think you're missing the point. It's a fact that manufacturers offer their pros rackets in different weight classes than what is offered to the consumer. I remember seeing an ArcFB for sale (in here or ebay, I can't recall) that was owned and played by Ratchanok Intanon back in the days and it was clearly marked as a 3U. Same goes for Victor with the player coded JS10 in the early days - they came in 3U when the public still got 4U/5U only.

15. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Yeah I know. I just couldn't help but comment on the bp drop thing for consumers.

16. vozer here

17. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Is she really 100% healthy and is she coming back too soon? I would have thought her doctors would have told her when it's appropriate for her to return because you don't want to reinjure the same muscle. But if her doctors gave her the green light to come back and play on the pro circuit, then I guess that means she is 100% healthy.

I don't expect her to win the next two SS. It will probably take her time to get back to her top form. I would give her another few months before she find her form and is able to play at the same level she did before. It's not worth it either for her to go all out in the next two SS because I would think she needs to take it easy on her muscle.

Having said that, who knows if she can play at the same level again. In most cases, players are not the same after an injury. Jan O' Jorgensen was never able to play at the level he did after he came back from his injury. Viktor Axelsen also has not been able to play at his peak level after returning from his injury. And the same with Li Xuerei after she came back from her injury.

18. llrr

llrr Regular Member

I don't think there's such a thing as 100% coming back from ACL. Like you said, most athletes will never get back to the same level as they were before the injury.

Cheung likes this.
  19. spidey

spidey Regular Member

freelance
    I feel she should have gone for the smaller regional tournaments to "easy" her way in and have a feel of the knee....
    maybe i am wrong, her doctor would be the best advisor.
    Anyway, I have seen young boys down with ACL, and the 1st tournament was the toughest, i saw the physio, coaches, and medic all just next to the court.....ready to intervene if they sense anything...
    after that 1st few tournaments, i am sure she will get the hang of things and she will be back. Also surprise that she is not wearing a knee guard...
    Anyway, this type of injury is not easy to come back....if she can get back to the top 10, i personally feel is an achievement for a sportsman!
    and if she can win a medal in Tokyo, i salute!!

20. spidey

spidey Regular Member

freelance
    beat Okuhara...wow! congrats!!
    she is back!
    when LXR came back she was wearing a brace, I didn't see Marin wearing a brace in Vietnam Open...mentally stronger maybe.
    good luck and good to see her back...