Let us troll BC

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by ucantseeme, Sep 16, 2019.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hey guys, I ordered a G5 ZFII. I use 2 overgrips on it and lack some power. I feel that the due the overgrips I made it headlighter. Should I order a G4 with just one overgrip to make it more head heavy and powerful? I heard it is a powerful racket, but nowadys the marketing can promise what the want. I didn't experienced that it is powerful. Could it be fake?

Feel free to make us laugh.

Ballschubser, s_mair, swsh and 3 others like this.
  2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

By adding the weight at the grip, you actually combine the Rotational Power Generator System with the already built in Tri Voltage System making it a Voltrox Z-Force II. This should be even better - according to Yonex marketing.

You might still not get the swing speed it needs for the enormous power you can get out of a Voltrox, so you might want to get a diamond coated nail file to file the box frame to a more aerodynamic shape, just make sure to choose a thicker string to make up for the lost head weight. if you lower the tension, you also get a little more string in the racket which adds some head weight.

With these alterations, the racket doesn't even need you anymore, just put it on court and it will play by itself.

Unless (of course) you missed that "The trend is going towards 5U rackets."

Fidget and ucantseeme like this.
  3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    can you dissolve the paint to make it headlight? that's 5 grams!

asking for a friend.

4. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    By making an uber fat grip on a G5 with a replacement grip and 2 layers of overgrip I can make my Z Force lighter and have 0 risk of tennis elbow.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

5. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Ah, rookie mistake. Must be the yellow zf2. That one’s a headlight. Sometimes I can’t differentiate between that and my ns9900.

Colours make a huge different in spec. You need the blue and black one in g6. Also, the JP coded ones are head heavier since that’s what pros use.

Could’ve sworn all this was common knowledge.

Fidget, speCulatius and ucantseeme like this.
  6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

What do you expect? That ZFII is like 100 years old and doesn't have all the state of the art techs like NAMD, Rotational Power Generator, Rebound Transition, Whipping Enhancement System nor a Fluxcompensator. How on earth should that old bat deliver any power?!

You might try going for a BG3 string job @18 lbs. tension to maximise the rebound effect of the stringbed to add some extra power. But avoid any stringer that does a 1-piece job cause those will lose tension like crazy and feel dull.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

Of course you guys lack power. The problem is not the racket or equipment, it's the user... for not using the proper TRS ratio in hitting.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Chicken, swsh, Fidget and 3 others like this.
  8. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Yeah, you might be right. I bring it today to a pro shop so get it strung at 30x33 with BG65, the best string which Yonex ever made. The seniors I play with all use BG65. He use a 2 point machine, so the racket doesn't get squeezed like in these 6 point ones which cause breakage.

swsh, Fidget, speCulatius and 3 others like this.
  9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    When the string breaks 6 knots is actually acceptable!

swsh likes this.
  10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Yeah, but only if the mains were done side-to-side to keep the load symmetrical.

swsh and ucantseeme like this.
  11. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    CBG200 is the best string ever.

swsh likes this.
  12. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I talked to my coach. He is an ex-professional. He told me that Yonex make Grip G4, G5, G6 to give the user the chance to make any racket a Voltric, Arcsaber or Nanoray.

G4 + 1 Overgrip = you run your racket in Voltric mode
    G5 + 2 Overgrips = you run your racket in Arcsaber mode
    G6 + 3 Overgrips = you run your racket in Nanoray mode

It's the same like the e-tune just on the other side. Very clever, I hope other brands don't copy this technology.

swsh, DinB, speCulatius and 1 other person like this.
  13. Ballschubser

Ballschubser Regular Member

Just wear heavy working gloves, this will automatically make your racket more headlight if you press really hard on the grip while playing. An additional training effect is, that when you change your grip with this working gloves, then you will generate a much more powerful grip change over time.

Although I would suggest steel string instead of bg65, if you want even more durablitlity.

swsh, Fidget and ucantseeme like this.
  14. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I discovered a great tactic for doubles. I don't know why nobody ever had the idea. A right handed player should always partner a lefthanded player or vice versa. You just need to play side side to side and the right hander should always stand on the right side of the court and the left hander on the left side of the court. So the opponents can't lift to the corners or play to the backhand. I did this with a friend and we won alot of matches in our group. Really a shame that nobody heard of this advanced positioning system.

SnowWhite, Arcfb_ind, swsh and 5 others like this.
  15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Shame that this doesn't work in mixed doubles since the lady (yup, I said it...) has to constantly stay at the net.

16. speCulatius

But only for high tension string jobs, because it will still give you enough tension to play with. Loose jobs will end up like a fishing net.

ucantseeme likes this.
  17. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    As long as the feller cover everything and it (IMO Lady is discrimination, sorry for mansplaining) duck down to give the feller a better view, when the opponent can smash it is a great tactic as well.

swsh, Fidget and s_mair like this.
  18. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Instead of lead tape, it is also great to have each string segment with a starter and a knot. Great plus: You can recycle all the scrap string and save money and you don't have to buy lead tape. Even if you think to buy a more head heavy racket, you save with this method money as well. Also the dimension of hybrid becomes higher. You can use LN 1 on the right side of the racket for power and BG80 on the left side of the mains for control. If you wanna make it stiffer wrap the shaft up with duct tape several times to get the stiffness you wanna want and big plus again: You don't need lead tape again and if you have trouble to find the sweet spot and mishit, you can sometimes save the shuttle with the enlarged shaft.

It'sMeMeMe, swsh and kwun like this.
  19. speCulatius

Make sure that these knots completely sink into the holes for better aerodynamic qualities!

Just use a control string at the sweet spot and a more powerful string around it, so you still get power when not hitting the sweet spot.

decoy, It'sMeMeMe, Fidget and 3 others like this.
  20. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Does anybody know which Overgrip Marc Zwiebler use? Maybe @Ch1k0 ?

g0.jpg