Yonex BG AeroBite

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by BengGuan, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Kingkat

Kingkat Regular Member

I just recently recieved a racket (duora 8xp) that was strung with aerobite 27lbs main, 25.5lbs cross and in all honesty i really like the feel. Is it problematic to have that setup though? will the frame be damaged in any way? most people here play with tighter tension on the crosses and im starting to wonder if i should too

2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

It's very unusual to be honest. If the frame seems okay, why not. Maybe you like it because the tension is lower than requested though...

3. Kingkat

Kingkat Regular Member

I see. Maybe i should restring it soon at 26/26 instead to relieve some pressure on the frame...

4. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

I have been a 66um user all the while because I needed the power of thinner strings to boost my shots. I play at 26lbs.

Now that I no longer require such boost, its time for me to go for touch. I am finding 66um to be bouncy and unpredictable at front net. Sometimes would bounce too high. I could increase the tension but do not wish to go beyond the warranted tension, hence seeking for a different string.

Does aerobite brings the bounce down and feel/touch up?

I have also read that some user stating that the string is slippery. Is it a concern?

5. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Have you been to an actual tournament of pros (an Open/Masters, like a WTS300 and up, not the community nonsense) and seen a pro smash, the shuttle goes over, maybe a winner, and after that the feathers come falling down around the pro like some first snow snowflake scene?

That bullshit, is what happens to me when I give it a hard whack using Aerobite. I'm like "whaaaaa.....?!" the first time I see it.
    Aerobite kills shuttles; 2 out of 4 users using AB (1 on each side) having a driving war made the feathers open and ruffle like it got cleared a hundred times man.

So what's with this, you say? TL;DR - aerobite control is gooooood. To me at least, AB Boost gives it too much head weight to my frame, and the .72 is thicccc numb so AB to me is just right. It literally "drags" the shuttle on impact (hence the feather snow show) and it's like the control is much better than my usual go-to, NBG98.
    If 26lbs AB gives you too much bounce still then it's probably time to refine the soft touch stroke or increase tension.

So what's the downside of AB? What goes up must come down right? Durability. the .61 Aerosonic exerts so much pressure on the .67 AB that it either chews through (break) or frays my stringbed (need to restring) in 5 weeks tops. Prestretched it once, 11 days and it gave up the ghost.
    While NBG98 gives me a easy 2 months window, and the longest was 2.5 months (10 weeks)

I play 29lbs using Aerobite and 31lbs using NBG98.

Hope it helps give you an idea.

6. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

Go for BG80 ! You can easily decrease your tension with BG80 without losing neither control nor power. Good feeling, good grip, good repulsion without bouncing effect at front net.

7. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

Hahah. Time to see some snow![​IMG]

swsh likes this.
  8. vincedba

vincedba Regular Member

dba
    So I tried AB for the first time. Coming from LN1 for couple of years this AB really impressed me. Much more repulsion and the sound was awesome. To bad that the string broke in a first session after get strung. It broke on the main aerobite string due to miss-hit so really have to be careful for a miss-hit. After that I use my LN1 and I can't connect to it :( . LN1 feels hard.

Will I use AB again? yes, this could be my next to go string. Next I am trying 66UM and Aerosonic.

BTW does anyone know where to buy online AB reel in green color? or does it exists?

9. llrr

llrr Regular Member

You can only get red white aerobite in reels

10. vincedba

vincedba Regular Member

dba
    ah dang...I wish green/white reel exists

11. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    You can buy others colours from JP if I remember correctly but it’ll be much more expensive.

12. Pinarello

Pinarello New Member

Student
    Hi guys.

Ive tried asking a few shops and they tell me that AB cannot be strung higher than 27lbs? Why do they say this?

Are they just protecting my interests that I dont risk breaking strings so often or are they reluctant to string it so high tension?

13. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Why don't you ask them why? We can just guess and as result you won't know why they do so.

1. It could be that they don't want to string over the warranty of most Yonex and Victor rackets. Broken rackets harm their business.

2. Aerosonic eat grommets for breakfast this can harm the frame.

3. They are not able to string it higher. FME Aerosonic is here the culprit. If somebody isn't sponsored and provide several sets or a reel it can be a big minus for the stringer if the string break on the machine -> time wasted without seeing money. Happend to me with aerosonic at 30lbs. Aerobite is not an easy string to string and get out safe at higher tensions.

4. There are millions of punks out there who don't know nothing about strings and stringing. Some overestimate their skills and material. Can result in injuries or broken strings on first day. This can harm their business, too.

IMO a honest handling by the shops, instead of handing out 27lbs jobs at higher stated tension. I handle it the same. If somebody wants a racket strung at a tension I can't guarantee the frame will survive and exceed the recommend tension or want a prone to break easy string at a tension I can't guarantee the stringing job will last 2 week, my clients need to sign a piece of paper with name, racket-serial, date and requested string and tension to get meyself out of any possible trouble.

flyingcords, llrr and endFX like this.
  14. llrr

llrr Regular Member

You can do it, just go to a stringer who knows what they're doing.

15. Belgian

Belgian Regular Member

student
    How is the tension hold compared to NBG99?
    Is it a lot worse than for BG80?

#255 Belgian, Apr 13, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  16. boby

boby Regular Member

i feel AB a bit less repulsive than BG80

* mistake, due to rubbers feel of aerobite make it's feel dull, but actually its a good control and repulsive string.

#256 boby, Aug 22, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  17. Schultzier

Schultzier Regular Member

I recently switched from aerobite to aerosonic and miss my aerobite. The aerosonics feel very crisp but the change has now messed up my timing and I am punnished for every hit that is far from perfect.

Aerobite has very effortless netplay.

#257 Schultzier, Nov 18, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
  18. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I've tried many different hybrids, and I keep going back to the red and white Aerobite. It's like a lot of RnD went into it and they know what they're doing! Wish I'd just tried it first tbh!
    Do like AS anyway and the control from AB is just bonkers.

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

19. Kuantrz

Kuantrz Regular Member

I just bought my first reel of Aerobite. My initial thought is that is has a lot softer feeling than the G-tone 5 I recently played with. I just tried stringing it 2lbs harder to see how that plays. I felt I lost some angle control with the softer stringbed.