Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Congratulations Hee Bing Jiao winner of the WS in the Korean Masters.. She is so much fitter and it gives her better execution and use of her creative shotmaking. Its so nice to see her finally getting rid of her lack of stamina and allowing her talent to be on show. Looking forward to her next tournament.

Justin L and Sumanth99 like this.
  2. antssantss

Retired
    The WJC starts in Kazan tomorrow. Looking forward to the matches. Kunlavit is taking part but not Lakshya Sen and Kodai Naroaka . Looks like Thailand wants to add the WJC team gold on top of the AJC which they won.

Baddie lover likes this.
  3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Why Wang/Huang name is not in the French Open draw? They were not registered or did they withdrew?

4. minions

minions Regular Member

They and some other CHN players will participate in CISM World Military Games which will be held in Wuhan.

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Hmm.. are Wang/Huang in military?o_O
    I don't see Zhang Nan in the MD either.

#2645 yuquall, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  6. minions

minions Regular Member

I don't think so. Apparently, Zhang Nan will be absent too from French Open.

7. antssantss

Retired
    In the Yuzu Indonesian Masters of the 5 junior MS, two didn't progress to the next round , i.e. Lei Lan Xi and Weng Hong Yang. LLX's match was shown and I must say he still has issues with his game. He made many errors and I put it down to rushing his shots. He is fast and his returns are not placed well enough to allow him to control his opponent. He overruns his shots and loses his timing and balance. Very much like how Huang Yuxiang used to play. If he can reduce the speed of his footwork he can place his returns much better.
    The surprise of the day was Bai Yupeng against the impressive Lin Chun Yi, ranked very much higher and a talented attacking player. BYP was down 20-17 in the final set but held his composure to win 22-20. Funnily, H2H BYP is two up against LCY , WR ranked 87 against BYP's 189 . Tomorrow he will meet Sun Feixiang.

8. antssantss

Retired
    The 3 MS progressed to the next round of the Yuzu Masters. Ren Pengbo was the most impressive eliminating the 3rd seed Firman Abdul Kholik, WR 58. Imho of the 3, RP has a more mature game and I feel he will move into the next round. Liu Hai Chao is very lucky to win his match. Both players had strong attacking games but error prone with LHC making less mistakes to win the 3rd set 22-20. Its a shame about LHC's game. He is a very strong attacking player but his repertoire of strokes is limited; smash and push. He has no finesse at all. Its all speed,speed and speed. If only he can have good net play and defensive lobs to force weak returns which he can easily close off with his power. He doesn't have deception and delay as part of his repertoire. Otherwise he would be a tough player to beat. He should study LCW,KM and SYQ. He is one player who should learn the CL style of play to reinforce his game. Get the coaches who changed HY into a different player. That may help.
    Anyway best of luck to them tomorrow. RP is playing Sonny Dwi Kuncoro, an interesting match. SF will meet LHC so at least one MS will progress to the next round.
    Of the WS I am impressed with Wei Ya Xin and Zheng Shu Ya. Both had good wins over higher ranked players, and are only 19 years. WYX did well to overcome Chen Su Yu, WR 93 and quite a hard hitting player but error prone too.
    Best of luck to all of them.

9. antssantss

Retired
    Having seen the juniors at the WJC I must say I am not impressed with Liu Liang and Zhou Meng. Both made uncharacteristic errors which shouldn't be the case. Even Tan Ning was not good. Their game hasn't matured , its still the same, lacking finesse, touch and confidence. Maybe I am too harsh , but we shall see. In the next round they will meet Denmark.. Interesting in the match against Germany Tan Ning played WD and partnered Li Yi Jing. Both were strong smashers but very clearly lacked coordination. They managed to win in 3 sets.

10. antssantss

Retired
    Zhou Meng played better against Denmark today. Her strokes were punishing as she prevented the lanky Sonya Grundtvig from attacking and taking the shuttle early. Her style is reminiscent of CYF and WZY, both very strong stroke players, i.e. good length even under pressure.
    Liu Liang won his game but it was full of errors especially his defensive lobs , which kept going over the back line. But he did play better.He is very clearly learning a new style of play and hasn't got it right yet and you can see that from the errors.It was the right shot to play but he couldn't control the length. But he was patient and knew he could win the match.

11. antssantss

Retired
    I am afraid I am not confident that China will beat Japan tomorrow.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Not only Japan, I think Thailand is the frontrunner for team gold, better than the top seed, Indonesia, in my opinion.

#2652 Justin L, Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  13. antssantss

Retired
    Tomorrows semi final is a repeat of the AJC final which Thailand won 3-2. But this time I think Indonesia may turn it around as they are strong in XD,MD and the WS and WD are quite good.
    For China v Japan the MS and WS are key to who wins. Best of luck to the players tomorrow.

14. antssantss

Retired
    In the Yuzu Masters ,class tells and Sun Feixiang and Ren Pengbo progress to the next round. SFX will meet an up and coming young Malaysian Tan Jia Wei who took out some good players. RPB will meet Tanongsak seeded 5. H2H RPB is 1 up, so he has a good chance to progress to the semifinal. Best of luck to both of them.

15. antssantss

Retired
    Li Yun played very well against Ruselli Hartawan the no 2 seed who is quite a strong attacking player. But LY matched her in equally good attacks and proved the stronger player .Well done. Refreshing to see a strong attacking player in the Chinese team. She would make a good doubles player if she decides to .

Justin L likes this.
  16. decrepit

decrepit Regular Member

I don't know what to say about the pair Li Wenmei/Zheng Yu, WR#12 and playing like s*** with full of errors. Their formation is like XD, similar to Chen/Jia with ZY is the back-court player and LWM is responsible for the front court, but LWM is far more passive and slow at the front, not any creativity to seek for initiative. I'm sick of this pair :mad: At least Chen Xiaofei/Zhou Chaomin is giving a better fight than them. :mad:

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Indeed, a letdown by LWM/ZY with a mediocre performance.

18. decrepit

decrepit Regular Member

Let's see how Kang Kyung-jin deal with Chinese WD in the coming years. Besides Chen/Jia and Du/Li (though I still can't trust on Li Yinhui), not any pairs are reliable atm. The Uber Cup next year is very difficult for China to get back the trophy.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2019-10-02/doc-iicezzrq9680327.shtml
    Look, who's there at the China 70th anniversary parade on October 1st, representing Chinese sports in float No.27 !
    Li Shifeng, the 2018 Youth Olympics champion, was there among some others selected, such as for short-track speed skating, Wu Dajing, for table-tennis, Sun Yingsha, and other sports, all of them picked by the General Administration of Sport of China.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

decrepit likes this.
  20. antssantss

Retired
    Well done Sun Feixiang beating Tan Jia Wei to proceed to the semifinals. He will meet either Soong Joo Ven or W J Prasetyo. H2H SFX is one down to SJW. He hasn't played against WYP . Interesting match for him tomorrow.