Yonex Arcsaber 11

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clawhammers, Dec 16, 2012.

1. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

Should be 3-4g, but you shouldn't notice any difference in the swing because the grip doesn't rotate.

It is likely that a) your racket may be 2-3g heavier. Rackets always have a tolerance (87g +/-2g) or b) your teammate has a thinner string on his racket. That also makes some difference.

2. TheCanadian

TheCanadian New Member

student

What grommets are those

3. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

@TheCanadian
    Bottom Grommets: Yonex AC416W-2 + AC416L-2
    Top Grommets: 3rd party big T-shape share-hole grommets shaved to fit in the indented crevice + 10 grommet strip for the head

Might as well update my current setup while I'm at it.
    FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender 2.jpg FullSizeRender 3.jpg
    Top half:
    • 3rd party 8 grommet strip (found it impractical to change the whole 10 grommet strip when only the end shared-holes were worn)
    • square head share-hole grommets (fits perfect within the indented crevice)
    • small t-shape grommets
    Bottom half:
    • still the trusty Yonex AC416W-2 + AC416L-2
    Managed to keep it at my ideal BP of 295mm. Unfortunately, no numbers on weight because I don't have a scale.
    • Plastic handle shrink wrap removed. Factory grip intact + full strip of AC102 wrapped to the cone
    • G-Tone 5 26/27 lbs
    *side note*
    I tried Zymax 62Fire and it was soooo thick. G-Tone 5 was noticeably thinner at the same tensions (26/27).
    Idk why but shuttles 'stuck' to it a lot. Strings needed re-adjustment after just about every rally. It was also too rough for my liking.
    On the other hand, I now loveeeee GT5 (not sure if its because of the crappy experience with Z62F before it, but still).

Saru, offbad, swsh and 1 other person like this.
  4. freeter

freeter Regular Member

What do you guys think about my umbrella grommet after restring at blue decal area. 3 photos of 1 umbrella grommet. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

5. llrr

llrr Regular Member

I mean.. there's not much of a grommet left there..

6. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    so this is how people have been getting grommet sink lol

7. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

I realize I am very, very late to Arcsaber. Yesterday I went to my local badminton shop and saw Arcsaber 11 in discount as it is the last racket in their inventory. I didn't pull the trigger, but it makes me starting to look for reviews.

Now, I have a been away from Yonex for ages as I don't like the numb feeling from Yonex racket, but on the other hand I also cannot turn a blind eye that Arcsaber 11 is/was so popular for a good reason, so I thought I should give it a try. Does Arcsaber also give you the numb feeling as typical yonex rackets? What are the options out there for high-end allround, well balance, jack-of-all-trades rackets similar to Arcsaber?

I notice most people in here either prefer hard-hitting rackets or fast-speed rackets, but I only see a few members who like a well allround rackets like Arcsaber. Can somebody help me why this allround rackets are less popular compared to the other 2 ends?

8. freeter

freeter Regular Member

I came from bs12 and ax88s. I really like ac11. I sold my ax88s to get ac11.

I'm also looking for ac11 replacement. or probably will get another ac11.

Rip after 11months. Rarely clash. Probably the stringer. Usually strung at 25 [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

I used to use BS12 as well, but I gave it to my dad since I find it too flexible and not-so-great with the accuracy. Currently I am using JS12, but I am looking for a new candidate as I want to explore allround rackets category instead of the usual fast vs power rackets

10. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

How about lining turbocharging n7II?? Or 70B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

As far as I remember, I dont think N7ii can be considered as allround racket. I feel it resembles my current JS12 better.

12. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    Change ya stringer. You should request for grommets change every restring with Arc11. Heh

13. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

Arc11 is still popular and I have been using arc11 for ages and still couldn’t find a one-to-one perfect replacement for it. P.S It still has a hella soft frame with crap stock grommet.

As for dull feeling, maybe I’m used to it, but I would say it feels ok, nothing special or solid like those voltrics used to offer.

Popularity wise, I would say it became less popular when many of the pros switched from arc11 to AX88S like Kevin S, Alexsen, Sonoda?, LYD. Hence the market shifted their attention to astrox instead.

Based on my experience I would say maybe these few rackets assembles close, if not same swing weight (little to no hitting timing adjustment)
    Lining TC 70B
    Astrox 66
    Duo8xp (slight stiffer)
    Astrox 88s (4U)
    Jetspeed 12f (3U)
    Jetspeed 12M (4U)

If you want to try it, and can get it for a good price, I’d say just get it? It’s hard to go wrong, just like BS12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

offbad, Khamenman and freeter like this.
  14. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

I really would like to pull the trigger: it has the fame, the allround-ness which I like on paper, it has nice paint job (I like red and white color racket), it has some discount too from my local shop, but eventually I didn't pull the trigger as the soft frame and the grommets are bad as already reported by many here including yourself.

From your suggestion, I do have Jetspeed 12 (yellow color) and had Bravesword 12. I gave the BS12 for my dad as I feel annoyed with the accuracy of BS12 (maybe it's me a bad user )
    I like my JS12 enough that I have 2 rackets. I am just thinking I want to try Yonex again after 20 years or so not having any single Yonex racket

So yeah, that being said, now on my list there are 3 candidates left: NF700, NF800, and AS88S. Any suggestion? I am definitely not a HH-racket user

15. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

It's not the first time the Kalkül A3 comes to my mind, but....
    I guess you already had a similar idea. I never tried the A5, on paper it's slightly more flexible and slightly (head)lighter compared to the A3...

Edit: The A3 is a great racket, it's just way too (head)light for me!

#595 speCulatius, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  16. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

I will let you know how I feel about A5. Tbh I can't wait for tomorrow play :D:D

speCulatius likes this.
  17. elbe_

elbe_ Regular Member

What kind of balance points and weights you have in Arc11? I was little bit surprised for my "new colour" 3UG5 bp.
    It feels "meaty" but still well balanced, quick and easy to play.

With BG66um strings, original grip + AC102EX over grip (almost whole roll) balance point is 299mm and weight 95g.
    It definedly have little extra weight on the head side for a even balance racket :cool: compare to my Arc7 is 288mm and 96g in same setup.

18. jtradical

jtradical Regular Member

Sales Manager
    Exact same set up as mine and I couldn't agree more. Just perfect!

19. freeter

freeter Regular Member

Coolkas, Kokai, Dhandapani and 2 others like this.
  20. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Arcsaber 11, one of Yonex classic racket to date. If not classic it would have die off long ago, instead new colour scheme out in 2017 and till now still in production.
    Arcsaber 11 is more a control and defensive racket. Decent in smash. (Goh v Shem really can smash well with it).
    It's really a surplus to have one when you are crazy defending with opponent throwing everything at you. The defensive turn into attack capabilities is one of the reason why this racket is still one of Yonex Best.
    I've used and try many top end Yonex rackets, enjoying most of them, each have their pros and cons characteristics, the arcsaber 11 is really unique on its own. All rounder and good defensive racket to win me crucial point at crucial stage.
    Long Life arcsaber 11 .

boby likes this.