Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yes, obviously a random draw is meant to have a specific outcome....targeting one specific nation...to whom the same draw regulations apply...

samkool likes this.
  2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

No, randomness means based on pure luck or by chance; if you want to obtain a set of objectives in the draw outcome, then you manipulate the draw process.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2019-10-22/doc-iicezuev3979341.shtml - The Race to Tokyo Standings for CHN players/pairs as of 22nd Oct 2019 :

男单Men's Singles

8谌龙Chen Long 20林丹Lin Dan 29孙飞翔Sun Feixiang 32陆光祖Lu Guangzu 34黄宇翔Huang Yuxiang 54石宇奇Shi Yuqi 67李诗沣Li Shifeng

女单Women's Singles

1陈雨菲Chen Yufei 13何冰娇He Bingjiao 22王祉怡Wang Zhiyi 26张艺曼Zhang Yiman 33韩悦Han Yue 35陈晓欣Chen Xiaoxin

男双Men's Doubles

3李俊慧/刘雨辰Li Junjui/Liu Yuchen 11韩呈恺/周昊东Han Chengkai/Zhou Haodong 16欧烜屹/张楠Ou Xuanyi/ZhangNan 21刘成/黄凯祥Liu Cheng/Huang Kaixiang

女双Women's Doubles

5陈清晨/贾一凡Chen Qingchen/Jia Yifan 6杜玥/李茵晖Du Yue/Li Yinhui 14郑雨/李汶妹Zheng Yu/Li Wenmei

混双Mixed Doubles

1王懿律/黄东萍Wang Yilu/Huang Dongping 2郑思维/黄雅琼Zheng siwei/Huang Yaqiong 21何济霆/杜玥He Jiting/Du Yue 24鲁恺/陈露Lu Kai/Chen Lu

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'll include a "/s" to mark the sarcasm for you next time ;)

samkool likes this.
  5. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Cai yai yan has the better smash than the current chinese players. Also she has good strokes but she makes silly mistakes.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, too many simple mistakes and unforced errors, her basic game is not good enough, needs to strengthen her foundation. She is actually one of my favorite junior CHN WS, still only 19 years old, just like Wang Zhiyi who has outstripped her for the time being. Hope the CHN coaches can help her polish her game and bring out her full potential, the sooner the better.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

At the 7th CISM Military World Games 2019, China won the Men's Team gold, silver went to Thailand, followed by Bronze to ROK (Republic of Korea), then DPRK (Democratic People's Republic of Korea, aka North Korea), France.

The CHN Men's Team comprises Li Shifeng, Liu Cheng, Tan Qiang, Wu Xin, Wang Yilv, Zhang Nan, Zhao Junpeng, Lu Guangzu, and Ju FangPengYu.

Full Schedule https://results.wuhan2019mwg.cn/index.htm#/sport/schedule?sportcode=bdm
    https://results.wuhan2019mwg.cn/ind...eam--------------&date=all&isgomedallist=true
    https://results.wuhan2019mwg.cn/ind...ode=bdmmteam--------------&date=all&flag=true
    https://results.wuhan2019mwg.cn/ind...mteam--------------&date=2019-10-23&flag=true summary of results for the Team event based on group matches won/lost, difference of games won/lost , and points difference

The individual events start today 24th Oct, Thursday. https://results.wuhan2019mwg.cn/index.htm#/sport/schedule?sportcode=bdm

yuquall likes this.
  8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2019-10-26/doc-iicezuev5143051.shtml
    [​IMG]
    At the just-concluded 7th CISM Military World Games 2019 held in Wuhan, China, Lu Guangzu was one game up (21-16 in G1) but trailing 2-4 in G2 in the men's singles final against KOR (ROK) Heo Kwang Hee, when he sustained an arm injury and had to retire the match. As a result,Heo Kwang Hee was awarded the gold medal and Lu Guangzu had to settle for silver. In the bronze playoff, Li Shifeng beat Zhao Junpeng , 2-0. At the semifinals stage, Lu Guangzu disposed of Li Shifeng while Heo Kwang Hee overcame Zhao Junpeng, to progress to the finals.

In women's singles, Zhang Yiman won gold beating Li Xuerui, 2-0, the latter took silver, while Li Yun is the bronze medalist beating POL Rudna Joanna. In the semifinals, Li Xuerui beat Li Yun, while Zhang Yiman beat POL Rudna Joanna to advance to the final.

In men's doubles, Zhang Nan/Tan Qiang won gold beating Liu Cheng/Wang Yilv, 2-0. Bronze goes to THA Apisuk Inkarat/Yorkphaisong Nanthakarn.

In women's doubles, Du Yue/Li Yinhui won gold beating Huang Dongping/Zheng Yu, 2-0. Bronze goes to Gao Ziyao/Chen Mingchun.

In mixed doubles, Wang Yilv/Huang Dongping won gold beating Tan Qiang/Du Yue. Bronze goes to Zhang Nan/Li Xuerui who beat THA Thongnuam P/Aroonkesorn D.

For badminton overall, China won four individual golds and one men's team gold, only missing out on the men's singles gold owing to Lu Guangzu's arm injury. There is no women's team event as there is a lack of the requisite number of participating women's teams.

All in all, in the total Medal Standings, China tops all sports with 131 golds, 64 silvers, and 37 bronzes, for an overall 232 medals. The entire results here https://results.wuhan2019mwg.cn/index.htm#/totalmedal (2nd Russia; 3rd Brazil; 4th France; 5th Poland; 6th Germany; 7th Uzbekistan; 8th DPRK (North Korea), etc...)

9. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Well done Sun Feixiang beating Son Wan Ho in two sets. Let's hope he can overcome Chico Aura Widoyo tomorrow.
    And congratulations Weng Hong Yang beating 7th seeded Lin Yu Hsien in Saarlorlux, Germany. And Zhao Jun Peng overcoming Tanongsak in Macau is an achievement

10. antssantss

Retired
    Saw Weng Hong Yang's match against lin Yu Sen, a tough opponent. LYS couldnt cope with the speed and accuracy of WHY's game and made a lot of mistakes. At the same time WHY made fewer unforced errors and had good length under pressure. Impressed with him so far. But lets not rush in with praises yet. Kim Bruun is no pushover. If he gets through this round it would get interesting as Christo Popov or Kiran George and Laksya Sen maybe his next opponent.

11. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Both kiran George and lakshya sen are in opposite half.

12. antssantss

Retired
    My hero Weng Hong Yang. Well played. Exquisite skills not seen in many juniors. Looking forward to his semifinals tomorrow.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Just watched Wen Hongyang drubbed Kim Bruun, 21-13, 21-7, quite impressive the way he did it as Kim earlier thumped Bai Yupeng, 21-13, 21-15 and bested Ygor Coelho, 23-21, 21-13. WHY, a lefty, has good tactical awareness and timed his attacks well without smashing hard (which I thought he used to do previously, as far as I remember), an improved player.

14. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

I like his playing style. Makes me remind of Tian Houwei. Last time, I saw him was back in Lingshui China Masters where he beat Lakshya in three games. But after that, I haven't seen him much. Was he inconsistent or didn't participate in many tournaments ?

15. antssantss

Retired
    I always liked WHY and LHC's style of the juniors but apart from that game against L. Sen he eas still making many errors. LHC was even worse. But his two matches here against good players, shows he may have grown out of the work in progress mode. He knows and executes his shots very well. Still has to improve on defensive lifts to get out of trouble. This is the shot the top players have in hand. His defence against smashes is not bad. Lets see how he plays against Toby Plenty

16. antssantss

Retired
    Wow, WHY showed class in all his matches. Move over all the other juniors, for me he is certainly exciting and his smashes ala LCW. He is developing into a fast and deceptive player. He gets to the returns early and is able to hold and flick the shuttle to unexpected areas. He anticipates very well. Toby is a fast and powerful attacker but he had no answer to WHY's speed , power and deception. For me he is developing into another Zhao Jian Hua. His opponents here were all fast players. He has lost to slower players who lifts and returns many shots like Koki Watanabe and even Sun Feixiang, who have beaten him. But I feel his game has matured and he will be able to turn those results around. Lets see how he plays against Lakshya Sen. This is a real test for him.

Justin L likes this.
  17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Weng Hongyang, age 20, born 18 June 1999, seems an exciting prospect for CHN MS, CBA certainly needs new blood like him, a couple more will be ideal, to carry on the legacy of Chinese badminton as the old guards like Lin Dan and later Chen Long finally retire. Having just one Shi Yuqi to take up the mantle is simply not safe, reliable or reassuring enough as we've seen recently as when he was suddenly injured and the veteran Chen Long who is off his prime has to step in to fill the void after a couple years of indifferent results, to hold aloft the CHN MS flag in top-level tournaments.

As we know, generally, the renewal process for Chinese badminton over the last two to three decades has been quite smooth and successful, but since the Rio'16 Olympics, the changing of the guards unexpectedly ran into problems across almost all disciplines as if, all of a sudden, there is a dearth of talents when it has always been taken for granted that China has depth of talents or a rich pool of talents to tap into.

True, there is no never-ending banquet under the sun (a Chinese proverb), that is, all good things must come to an end. For the last three years or so, we have actually witnessed the decline, even downfall, of the once-dominant Chinese badminton powerhouse. As we can see, CBA under the new leadership of Zhang Jun and Xia Xuanze who took over the helm from Li Yongbo when he stepped down, has been undergoing changes and trying ways and means to restore her lost glory, to the extent of breaking tradition by engaging foreign doubles coaches, an unprecedented move, not to mention recalling their long-lost Chinese singles coach,Li Mao.

Let's see how long it will take for the prolonged trough in Chinese badminton to finally take a decisive turn for the better and start inexorably to ascend the summit and even reach new heights of sporting glory.

Cheung, tbgoh288 and antssantss like this.
  18. antssantss

Retired
    I have been very keen on the progress of the junior MS and when these juniors were exposed I liked 4 players, WHY, LHC, RPB and also GZZ. The reason being they were not made to change their playing style to what I call the CL defensive game, with limited power. The first 3 juniors were exposed to the international tournaments and all 3 had brilliant moments. They were in WIP mode and made many unforced errors But they had speed, power and a occasional deception. ( RPB had the most in this area) . Their progress was so poor that I was beginning to doubt giving them free expression of their talents was the right thing to do. LHC's performance reinforced my thoughts, the most. He was doing everything wrong and began to get frustrated with his game. But what a difference WHY showed so far in this tournament.His talent can be seen in the results. His opponents didn't take a game of him and all never exceeded 14 points in any game. It shows his power is very effective and doesn't make many errors.
    I am also hoping that Ren Chengming and Dong Tian Yao will be progressing in the same way. Also Tan Ning for the WS. Liu Liang and LI Yunze are to me using the CL style of play. I think LL will make progress but I am not so clear about LYZ. Lets see.

Giga01 likes this.
  19. antssantss

Retired
    Watching Du and Li against the pair from Thailand. Chinas WD are not aggressive enough imo, they rely on placements and defence. Very frustrating watching their pedestrian game. There are a few young pairs which i see are more aggressive. Lets hope they are entered in more tournaments.

20. antssantss

Retired
    At the changeover in the 3rd set Du and Li were playing so differently. Aggressive and hungry for the shuttle. Thats how they should be playing.