India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    There doesn’t seem to be any competition for Kunlavat, he played a superb game against Momota for his age

2. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Well done Sen.

badmuse and Baddie lover like this.
  3. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

(They did not select him. He is 4th in the ranking. @badmuse, could you tell me why Sankar Muthusamy was not selected?

But he is just 15. So, they might have thought that he has still time. He is ranked no.1 in domestic under-17 ranking.)

@Baddyforall

Selection for WJC was based on performance at the 2 ranking tournaments. Players with max points were picked. Quite a few players skipped the tournaments like Samiya Farooqui, Gayatri Gopichand and others.

4. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Link: https://www.espn.in/badminton/story/_/id/27924018/chirag-shetty-par-best-teams-world-now

Chirag Shetty - 'We are at par with the best teams in the world now'
    Excerpt:
    "You celebrate when you have done something you didn't expect to be doing. But we are not so far from this (elite) level. We are at par with the best teams in the world now," says Chirag.

That confidence, he says, has been building up steadily over the past couple of years as they grew more consistent with their results. The turning point, though, came a couple of months ago after winning the Thailand Open

Satwiksairaj. "I got a bad viral fever just after I came to Denmark. I had to give a walkover in my mixed doubles match, hoping that I would recover in time for my men's doubles match. But I was barely standing in that game. I thought maybe if I just took the court I would find some josh (enthusiasm) but I was probably playing at 10 percent in that match," recalls Satwiksairaj.

"We know they aren't the fastest on court but their reactions are still very sharp. So we can't let them get to the net before we do. Our strategy against them was to make sure we were able to catch the shuttle first and dictate the net game. In the past, we would sometimes be a little loose in the last game, but this time we were pushing hard right until the last point," says Chirag.

Link 2: https://badzineoverflow.wordpress.com/2019/10/25/french-open-r16-surprises-in-paris/

Baddie lover, Sumanth99 and Biglever like this.
  5. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    I like their confidence. Hope they will beat Endo/Wat today. Who is our MD coach?

Play hard. Train harder.

badmuse likes this.
  6. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Indonesian Flandy Limpele, 2004 Olympics MD bronze medallist.

Biglever likes this.
  7. Baddie lover

The best teams in the world don't celebrate winning a normal match. That should be how we react too. The only time we will really celebrate will be if we win in the final - Chirag Shetty.

Such a nice quote. Good to have that type of confidence.

badmuse and mohans like this.
  8. Baddie lover

A 750 level tournament final. What an incredible match that was. Satwik/Chirag played like really confident. It was heartening to watch those long and fast rallies. Very few UE by them which was really encouraging to see. Deserved to be in the final after those 3 wins against better ranked opponents. First time, they won against EndoWata.

For tomorrow, I think they need to chalk out a great strategy to counter minions and their defence needs to be more solid than ever. From today's match one moral is the rally isn't over until the shuttle says its over. Keep the momentum going SatwikChirag. Good luck for tomorrow.

9. mohans

mohans Regular Member

I liked how relaxed he was sitting in the coaching bench.

Do all the work in the background and just watch his wards implement all that were taught

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badmuse, Sumanth99 and Baddie lover like this.
  10. Baddie lover

Indonesian Miyagi San.

11. mohans

mohans Regular Member

"You celebrate when you have done something you didn't expect to be doing”

"We won't be satisfied if we play well and lose. We are going there to win now,"

A few other quotes. I like how Chirag seems to have the hunger for success. Something that we generally don’t see in Indian players, who tend to get complacent when they achieve something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badmuse and Baddie lover like this.
  12. Baddie lover

His attitude is what I like. He's just 22 and talking maturely. I follow him on Instagram too. He is very balanced in social media.

badmuse and mohans like this.
  13. Baddie lover

Just came across this insta video of Indian young WS player against HBJ in India Open this year. She's been training at Peter Gade Academy.

mohans likes this.
  14. Baddie lover

15. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    The level and speed are not there just yet for Satwik and Chirag to tackle minions. Tough end for a good week.

16. Baddie lover

Indeed. It was going to be tough against hotshots minions. But step by step I think we'll be able to improve. Though h2h has become 0-7 but Satwik/Chirag are really improving. Other pairs too are having problems tackling world no. 1. This final was an experience for them and I hope they take positives from the tournament and work on how to be better.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  17. Baddie lover

Satwik and Chirag are very humble guys. The way they treat their more established seniors like Ko/Shin (after beating them they said Ko/Shin were their idols and they saw Ko/Shin while growing up), praising Daddies after they beat them in second round of FO and the way how they treated Minions after a loss to them. During the handshake, Satwik and Kevin were seen talking a little more long than usual. Sports also teach us some life values. And Satwik/Chirag are being a nice pair in the tour. Here is what Chirag said in his insta handle after finishing runners up in French Open :

18. Baddie lover

In his insta post, Satwik says "2017 QF, 2018 SF, 2019 RunnerUp, 2020 ;) what say partner @ChiragShetty. Chirag reply is in comments section, BWF official too wished the pair in comments section.

badmuse likes this.
  19. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Just now saw Kiran george playing a chinese player in R64 @ Saarlarlux Open 2019. He won comfortably in straight games.
    His game has improved tremendously, i must say.
    His refluxes are on point. But he has to be patient.

20. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I don’t see any point in sending Sikki Reddy/ Ashwini to tournaments, they can’t win super 100 tournaments even. They just:
    Repeat{
    Travel,
    Post Pics,
    Lose,
    Return
    }

Baddie lover likes this.