Yonex Nanoflare 800 (End Aug 2019 release)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by esppy, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Hmm, it's possible. Didn't they distribute the materials differently this time? The NF700 certainly has incredible feel for a light racket, and I chalked that up to materials. It would make sense that it's too stiff at the top of the racket if that's the case; most rackets flex a little during stringing, especially towards the top. If it's inflexible, it'll be more brittle. The 700 had softer sections on the top left and right, with the harder material at 12 o'clock.

I've gotta say, I'm not a big fan of the stringing pattern on the NF700. I prefer either the 4+2 pattern, or 72 hole pattern. I'm not a fan of the 3+2 with a big gap at the top (and some LN rackets do this too).

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Aye. I suspect they made the head just a bit too hard for imperfect support during the stringing process itself. Because I did see mine go on the machine and it wouldn't bloody move during pulls.

Definitely agree with the string patterns. I hate the 3+2 but I think so far at least with victor AFAIK they've moved to try and reduce that gap as much as possible. The BXR is a nice example. Despite the ridiculous insistence on the 3+2 pattern on a ZF sized head, once can actually ignore that gap.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

3. Vincent604

Vincent604 Regular Member

The thing with Victor rackets is that they are so inconsistent with specs across the world. The 3u TK6000 that I use is rather light and feels like a 4u. Balance is slightly head heavier than the NF800 but not by much. NF800 frame is definitely still faster. NF800 is stiffer than TK6000, if you don't like medium stiff rackets then that's a good reason to change as well. I wouldn't say going from TK6000 to NF800 is a completely upgrade, rather a side-grade. You'll need to increase swing speed to take advantage of the NF800.

4. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Just tested NF800 for more or less 3hours, and I like it more than my JS12. The impact sounds like a "pop", I am not sure if it's because of the racket or the string. For the string, I am using ABBT 25/27 lbs

5. hikaruseven

hikaruseven Regular Member

College student
    just got nanoflare 800 4u strung with aerobite 26 lbs. REALLY LOVE IT! coming from jetspeeds10 4u and astrox88s 3u, the defense, drive, net and half smash are so good! Although the full smash is not strong but it still okay i think it can be compensate with the angle, etc

hm_andhika likes this.
  6. frostcone

frostcone Regular Member

I also tried NF800 4u with ABBT 25 lb. Everything excels except for full smash. Now I'm wanting to try the 3u since I didn't get tired after a few games.

7. Arief

Arief Regular Member

same here. I tried my 4U NF800 yesterday. The speed is incredible, especially for fast drives. smash is still on and off for me. the angle is definitely steeper but the power is lacking.

coming from 3U NR900, I'm wondering whether 3U NF800 will be better for smashing.

8. Sunray7

Sunray7 Regular Member

I am looking to get the 4U (G6 if possible) in Singapore
    Which shop has stock?
    Thanks in advance

9. IanQ

IanQ New Member

Had 2 sessions now with the Nanoflare 800 (4U G5 strung with BG66 Ultimax), what a fantastic racket. Feels like an improved JS10, which was my favourite racket for a long time.

I didn't really get on with the Astrox 77 and 88s, good power but I prefer head light rackets as I play only doubles and I found them a little slow for doubles. I really like the Auraspeed 90s which I found to be an excellent all round racket, head light, very fast and maneuverable for defensive shots, flat drives and net shots with excellent clears and good drop shots but still good power in the smash if timed right as you can get a lot of racket head speed due to the fast frame. One of the best things about the Auraspeed 90s is the very large sweet spot, easy to just pick up and play.

Thought the Nanoflare 700 was the best Yonex racket in a long time (personally for me anyway) as it was fast like the Auraspeed 90s I thought the Auraspeed 90s was still slightly better and easier to play with.

The Nanoflare 800 though moves things up a notch in my opinion. A much more solid feeling racket than the NF700, as fast but the compact head just provides a much more solid platform to hit with and the feedback from the racket is excellent. Compared to the Auraspeed 90s, the speed and power are pretty similiar (with maybe the ARS90s just about slightly faster and the NR800 slightly more powerful) but the feedback from the frame of the NR800 is the big difference for me. It's just such a pleasure to play with and for me anyway, it's a fantastic doubles racket with no compromises. Great job Yonex.

10. Vivin

Vivin New Member

Played with both NF700 (4U5) and NF800 (3U5), both using BG66 Ultimax 24/26lbs.

Loved the 700 for net play, so accurate. Fast racquet but had to generate more of my own for clearance and lifts. Loved how quick it is, great for defence especially in doubles.

Also loved the 800 but i think I'll use it more for singles as it's a more all-round racquet. I thought the 700 was fast until I tried the 800 - it's ridiculous! I feel it's jack-of-all-trades type of racquet. I like the precision and feedback it gives, though tiny mishits do get punished.

I'm more of a defensive player so smashes are not my priority in my game but the 800 does add a bit more punch compared to the 700. Maybe purely it's a heavier racquet. Will try the 800 4U5 some time later to compare.

11. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

So you like 800 better?

12. Vivin

Vivin New Member

I like both... probably will use 700 for doubles or against very aggressive players and 800 for singles.

13. mikaltch

mikaltch New Member

Saw a 4u NF800 with a crack at the 1 o-clock position on the inside of the frame. It was regularly strung at 25lbs.

14. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    Still don't see ya image. Let me help.
    Anyway the guy claiming warranty. So until Yonex investigations are over, we can't conclude it's the racket.

Owner did suspect it is a stringer problem too. Racket was only on 26lb. 4u G5 66um.
    [​IMG]

15. robinc

robinc Regular Member

To me, this (NF800) is the most difficult and demanding racket i have used. It is demanding in many area to use it well. I guess it will be a long time to get used to this racket or i may never get used to it and it will be up for sale in time to be.

16. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    If I could afford it I would buy it from you lmao.

17. Mete Ozcorekci

Mete Ozcorekci Regular Member

Have you played with relatively flexible rackets before? nf800 is pretty stiff. Also, nf800 is not a forgiving racket bec of head shape. So, if you are looking for more user friendly speed racket, I may suggest you auraspeed 90s from victor. I think ars90s has more power and better than nf700 in every aspect. I used all rackets and this is my personal opinion. I love 90s and nf800 but didnt like nf700 at all.

18. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

Is this racket similar to NS9900

19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    To some degree yes.

20. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

Isn't this like the same as the NS & NR series with a little of modifications? Even balance + stiff?